Chicagoland Sportbike Forums banner

Ad Killer!

482 views 5 replies 5 participants last post by  J Cal 
#1 ·
anyone using kazaa? well, i found out that kazaa sends out ur IP address to everyone to solicite their products... Instead of the "normal" pop-ups you get while visiting sites, it'll just send it to your IP address if ur connected via cable modem or dsl. THIS FUCKIN SUCKS! PLEASE, if you know any tricks or programs that i can download to kill this annoying crap, PLEASE let me know! THANK YOU!!!

#4 ·
I’m using a add killer called “POW” It’s a free one, works like this. If you go to all the same sites most of the time, it will work just fine. Every time an add comes up you click on the “pow” symbol then click add in the small box, then every time you go back to that site the add will try to load, but the pow program will stop it.

(But remember it will only stop the adds, you tell it too.)

www.analogx.com :cheers

#6 ·
If anyone else is having this MESSENGER SERVICE POP-UPS, I FOUND A SOLUTION!!! (without buying a program) If you have windows 2000 or windows XP:

Go into your Control Panel
Administrative Tools
Computer Managment (WATCH OUT WHAT U CLICK!!!)
"Maximize/ pull down" Service and Applications
Click on Services

note : now you should have a whole buncha crap on the right side of the box..

Find, under "Name" -"Messenger"
Right click on "Messenger"
scroll down to STOP!

ta da! i never had those pesky pop ups yet! those pop ups kick me outta dos (play'n CS) and back to windows every 3 minutes!!! this'll help you guys out, PEACE! :thumbsup

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.