Chicagoland Sportbike Forums banner

rider down?

719 views 20 replies 13 participants last post by  2weelpilot 
#1 ·
Driving to work in my rental cage this morning heading westbound on Old Stage Road between Morris and Seneca, I saw a current red FZ with the sport upper fairing/cowl upright in the brush along the road. I slowed way down to roll by and it looked pretty messed up. The lights were on and the plastics were rashed with grass sticking out everwhere but the rider was nowhere to be seen. It was just weird because the bike was upright facing perpendicular to the road on the other side of the road- and the lights were on. There were no skid marks and the road was dry. I was tempted to turn around and pull over to check it out further.

I've seen this bike before on this route, as I take this road everyday. It seems like a pretty nice road to rail on but has tons of blind corners with oncoming traffic often going over the center "line" (there's no stripes) and rough patches. Parts are pretty scenic along the Illinois River. Hope the rider is ok.

#5 ·
Lights were on and it was on its kickstand or lights were on and it was wedged into a bush or something?

Hopefully he was just having a smoke or takin a piss after an agricultural run.

I woulda stopped if it were me................

#7 ·
You know what? I was so fixated on the fact that it was standing up that I didn't even think about calling the police. Somebody had to stand that bike up. It wouldn't have landed like that, but it was pretty deep into the brush. I figured maybe he wiped then stood it up and got some help. You'd think he'd turn the lights off though.

I feel like a piece of shit now. I've been so stressed lately and not thinking straight. I'll drive down there during my lunch.

#9 ·
You guys joke all you want, but Ive been in that situation with a broken leg laying off the trail after wrecking a snowmobile.......those minutes were painfully long , hoping someone would come by and drag my busted ass outta the woods!

Luckily I wasnt too concerned as the guy I was with was a good friend and would eventually realize something was up when I was gone, but if he was riding alone, and outta sight, unconscious and hurt- those few minutes could save his/her life.

Prayers sent.

#11 ·
in all seriousness hope the guy is ok, if i saw that i would probably have thought that the bike was stood up and rider taken care of and that it was waitin to be picked up or something by police or a tow. id call the police and ask if they are aware of it as well to be sure. as kegger said itd suck to be in that situation.

#14 ·
I would have asked this of myself. What would i want someone to do if they saw what you saw. as a rider I would have stopped then again There are more reasons of why some people wouldnt stop due to legality. tho a call to the police would have been put in

#19 ·
Maybe some one will just give you a hug

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.