Chicagoland Sportbike Forums banner

Cleaning out silicone lube

522 views 13 replies 7 participants last post by  Fracker 
#1 ·
All right, how often do you read that CLSBers are a bunch of perverts :laughing: Now that's exactly the kind of people I need to answer my question. :jester

I had a can of silicon based lube (yes, that kind of lube :rolleyes) spill in under the sink cabinet. It looks like it spilled some time ago and I wasn't aware of it (it wasn't closed tight enough and when I tossed it there it landed on the side), so the fucking shit is everywhere, it even went under the plastic liner and started forming bluish stains on the wood.

Now, the problem is - this shit is indestructible :banghead:. So far, dry water towels, wet water towels, hot water with soap, Windex and Fantastik didn't have any significant effect. I've managed to remove the excess but no matter what I do, the surface stays slippery to touch after I dry it with a paper towel. :banghead:

Can someone please recommend something to remove this shit? I don't think I'm the only one that ever had such a situation :neener:

PS Fuck silicone lube, I'll stick with water-based Sliquid Silk (best shit out there) from now on!

#2 ·
You might need a degreasing agent (simple green or dishwashing soap).. or worse.. WD40 or some other solvent. The problem with solvents is they will also penetrate into the wood and the smell will be around forever. Personally, I would try the degreasing route first. I wonder if Murphy's Wood oil soap would do any good...

#5 ·
I never said it was a kitchen sink. It's a sink in the bathroom adjacent to master bedroom. The reason it was there: I don't keep my toys in plain view because I don't want to scare anyone away :1pimp And that particular lube didn't work all that well, that's why it got tossed under the sink instead of being stored in the closet.

#10 ·
wow
T M I

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.