Google Sync: Set Up Your Apple Device for Google SyncShare Comment
To set up Google Sync on your iPhone, iPad or iPod Touch device, please follow the steps below.
Requirements and Upload
1. Google Sync is only supported on iPhone OS versions 3.0 and above. You can check your current version by going to Settings > General > About > Version. To upgrade, follow the instructions at http://www.apple.com/iphone/softwareupdate/
. Please upgrade to iPhone OS 3.0 before setting up Google Sync.
2. Perform a sync with iTunes to ensure that Contacts and Calendars from your iPhone are backed up to your computer. Learn more about backing up your Contacts and Calendars.
3. If your business, school, or organization uses Google Apps, your administrator will first need to enable Google Sync before you can take advantage of this feature. Note that if you enable Google Sync, your administrator may also exercise additional remote management capabilities (such as remote wipe or password requirements). Click to learn more or contact your administrator.
1. Open the Settings application on your device's home screen.
2. Open Mail, Contacts, Calendars.
3. Tap Add Account....
4. Select Microsoft Exchange. OS 4.0+ now allows multiple Exchange accounts. However, if you're on a device that doesn't let you add a second account, you could also use CalDAV to sync Google Calendar and IMAP to sync Gmail.