Join Date: Oct 2006
Sportbike: 01 Giggy 7fidday
Years Riding: been riding your mom for years
How you found us: The hobo on lower wacker sold me the link.
See im not looking to stream to my phone. Heres the key points im looking to do with it and thats why i want a bare bones server box.
* Obviously watch movies/tv through ethernet
* Low power consumption (since its going to be on all the time I dont want a spike in electric bill. Old roomate left his monster computer on 24/7 and jacked my bill up $50 a mo)
* Remote desktop so i dont have to leave a kvm on it.
* Full time OS so i can keep torrents downloading while im at work.
* Have the ability to upgrade hd space as needed w/ a fast access to backup (the reason for both 2 tb hds is one is files other is pure backup)
Budget wise I figure this is gonna run me in the range of $500 or so. But at the same time i can yank the 1tb drive out of my wdtvlivehub and the 1tb that comes in the server so ill be starting off at 6tb of space (essentially 3 w/ 3 backup.)
Since to buy 2 2tb hard drive network drives would be in the range of $300 its a worthwhile investment for speed and convenience.
~ High Performance Coilovers
Watching the Cubs lose is the opposite of appreciating a fine wine ó itís like watching a car accident in progress. Itís horrifying, yet gruesomely riveting, and you canít help but watch and sympathize with the poor souls inside.
coming to CLSB for relationship advice is like asking fat people in mcdonalds about nutrition.