Chicagoland Sportbike Forums banner

Trailer Assistance Please

1K views 43 replies 17 participants last post by  geewiz 
#1 ·
Hey Everyone! I am doing my first track day :lean: at the Autobahn in Joilet, September 1st & 2nd and wanted to see if someone could let me borrow their trailer to haul my bike to and from the track on those days?

:)

#3 ·
What?! And you aren't riding at Blackhawk on those dates?!

Too bad, I coulda taken you to Blackhawk with us. Have fun at Autobahn, be safe.

#10 ·
I implemented a crash fee... LOL!

$75 minimum if they hit the ground. I send them to Alexa, and the borrower pays for shipping and repairs in excess of $75.

#12 ·
Your gonna have a blast. be carefull out there. I wish you were doing blackhawk instead as we would all be there to help you out.

#14 ·
Thanks Tony!!! I will definitely be safe and don't worry I will be out there with the Nesba faithful too (soon) . ;)

#15 ·
Who's going to Autobahn on September 1st & 2nd?

Is there anyone my bike can rideshare with... I don't have a trailer hitch on my car... Maybe I should have mention that first...:redface

#17 ·
I might be going Sunday-Monday but I live close and will be riding there.

Sorry can't help ya unless you wanna ride your bike here (Joliet) and park in my garage both days and just drive your car up. I'm only 5 minutes from the track.

PM me if interested even as a last resort :)

Also people can vouch for me that I'm trust worthy...Shut up Maynard!! :twofinger :laughing

#19 ·
Is there anyone going to the Autobahn on Saturday, September 1st and 2nd. I am still in need of trailer assistance. I don't have a hitch on my car to borrow an actual trailer. :help:

#20 ·
Good luck, That is a Nesba blackhawk weekend. everyone with trailers will be there, it's gonna be loaded with CLSB people, you'd have much better luck getting a ride up there.

#28 ·
Ya last time I was there, Ken and I got kicked out from taking pictures anywhere on that track except by the garage in the pits. Friggin lame. Signs are posted everywhere that only members are allowed beyond this point, and the whole place is blacktop, making it hotter than hell. I really didn't like their attitudes. I have never been to any other track where i have to sneak around to get good shots, or have officials radio in about me. I don't think I'll ever go back which is sad cause I like to run the north course, south course is bumpy as hell, but the north course is decent.

In comparison, I show up at Blackhawk and Tom from the track comes out shakes my hand and welcomes me home. I say; Tom, you mind if I go take some pictures? sure, no problem Tony, have fun.

#31 ·
BHF is an awesome track. Just be on the lookout for the deer, wolves and the occasional turtle that cross the track. :laughing

#35 ·
A long 2X6 makes a great ramp. Backing up to a hill helps cut down the incline as well.

#38 ·
Plan B... Enterprise has lost their minds! The rates would be too high. I have a couple of other options I'm going to explore.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.