Chicagoland Sportbike Forums banner

First track day

833 views 18 replies 16 participants last post by  Odysseys 
#1 ·
Had my very first track day at Putnam this Sunday. I'd like to thank Odyssey for NESBAraffle, and all the Control Riders, also everyone who was there,especially Noel (nflor001) for all the help. It was a blast, I realized that my bike is way too much for me on the track, will look into getting a smaller track bike fr next season. Just like everyone said it is addicting, so I'll be back soon. I think I was way too slow, but I managed not to crash, so Im not upset.:biker2:

#6 ·
Same exact feelings as you man I just had my first track day the weekend before last and it was a blast. Nesba is great, but 1000's are for much more experienced riders. Make for nice streetbikes, but gotta say I wish I would have gotten a 600 as it would be more nimble on the track for me.

Congrats on your first day. I'll be out with ya next year as a member of the Nesba noobs!

#7 ·
Congrats on your first day. I'll be out with ya next year as a member of the Nesba noobs!
+1 Congrats :cheers:

I will definitely be out there next year! :lean:

#10 · (Edited)
First trackdayz are the best, then you spend the rest of your life seaking out your next fix..

I havent been doing many trackdays becuase now I do race weekends all the time, but I was at putnam satutrday for my raffle winner. Took about a half a session for the cr`s to relize I should be moved to advance, its really the only flaw I see with nesba. If you are a liscense racer you should have the option to sign up for advanced/expert.

#14 ·
Congratulations on you're first trackday Bratva5!! Welcome to the addiction. You're already planning on buying a different bike..... The madness has begun!! See you soon!

I can't help myself to chime in on this comment (against my better judgement):

Took about a half a session for the cr`s to relize I should be moved to advance, its really the only flaw I see with nesba. If you are a liscense racer you should have the option to sign up for advanced/expert.

Even after you got to A, you didn't appreciate that just anybody can't sign up? Especially if you only had to spend 10 minutes in the I group, then got to spend the rest of the day in A?

You do realize, that to get your race lisence all you have to do is get thru a day of (low I pace if you want) on track sessions, along with race procedure.

Would you want to get into the Advanced group only to ride with some guy who has only been on track twice, (and could likely take you out) but one of those times he got his ameteur lisence, so he was allowed to get the the A group?? Expert racers can sign up for A, but for them to get bumped to Expert with CCS, they obviously still have SOME experience.

#11 ·
This is my goal for next season - Save enuff $$$$ to buy a 600 (maybe another SV or 748) and have enuff in the "slush fund" to do it right and get my old ass back out there

Congrats on the 1st day and as you get better, the feeling will too

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.