POST Barber with X-Act Motorsports - Chicagoland Sportbikes
Chicagoland Sportbikes

Track Talk This forum is all about discussing riding and setup tips for different types of racetracks. As well as discussion about the local racing scene.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 109 (permalink) Old 07-12-2010, 03:53 PM Thread Starter
I don't know...

Sportbike: more than one... one less now...
Years Riding: not long enough
How you found us: Some girl was talking about it.

POST Barber with X-Act Motorsports

Well, maybe I just missed the POST Barber Thread...
The long drive and the Heat battle was well worth it!
I had an awesome weekend with Friends and have to say this track just rocks.
What rocks even more this is 5 days with no crashing... Wooohoo!

THANKS PETE for putting this together!

ok I'm gonna sleep a bit more...

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 109 (permalink) Old 07-12-2010, 04:05 PM
PIKUACH NEFESH

Sportbike: Italian,British,Japanese,Czech
Years Riding: LONG TIME
How you found us: CRR

Good to know you kept the rubber side down.

MOTO AND MOTOR
1906 TECHNY RD.
NORTHBROOK IL 60062

SALES*SERVICE*PARTS
847-790-4848
post #3 of 109 (permalink) Old 07-12-2010, 05:34 PM
Certified TRACK WHORE

Sportbike: 2008 R6 Race, 2009 R6 Street, 2005 GSXR Track
Years Riding: hmmmmmmm
How you found us: Word is in da streets(SuperGirl)

No response cuz we all been sleeping!!!!!

AWESOME AWESOME AWESOME time!!!
Absolutely cannot wait to go back!!!!!

THANKS PETE, YOU ROCK!!!!!!!!

CCS #55 - Proudly sponsored by Farrell Performance, Motovid, Southeast Sales, Vortex, U.S. Chrome

MOTOVID.COM STAFF: CR(Control Rider) + Rider Clinic Instructor

MSF Certified Instructor/Rider Coach
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 109 (permalink) Old 07-12-2010, 05:35 PM Thread Starter
I don't know...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunshine View Post
No response cuz we all been sleeping!!!!!
Sleep is overrated...

post #5 of 109 (permalink) Old 07-12-2010, 05:56 PM
Feed Me a Stray Cat

Sportbike: 2014 Honda Grom
Years Riding: Not long enough.
How you found us: Co-Worker

Send a message via AIM to Myles
Still on the road

-Myles-
2014 Honda Grom
2000 Suzuki SV650 *SOLD*
1991 Mitsubishi Galant VR4 1929/2000 *SOLD*
post #6 of 109 (permalink) Old 07-12-2010, 08:41 PM
Orgynizer

Sportbike: 07 600RR
Years Riding: 8 years
How you found us: ......................

AWESOME weekend, our long drive to and from Chicago with many incidents on the way there and back didn't really matter after being out on this track for 2 days!!

So quick recap for the people who can't read past 3 sentences

Chey almost taking a State Trooper out, Frankie shopping for condoms and trying to blame it on me, Chuck passing 2 semi's on the shoulder, Chey's aoutomobile problems, the awesome twisty road we found...was like a mini Deals Gap, Dani saved a lil baby goat while we were on the side of the road, lots of twisties, dragging knee, drinking beers, the 2 tire blow outs

I think that covers it

Anyhoo......long version!

I just LOVED this track, I had a grin from ear to ear the whole time I was there, the track, the people, EVERYTHING!!! There is usually a turn or two that I don't like at every track but I LOVED every turn here!!!

Pete you run an amazing track day....hope you never stop!! It was great to see Anna again as well!!!

After your second lil meeting on Saturday the Novice group seemed to run much smoother, I don't understand why it's so hard for people to understand the no passing in turns and no passing on a yellow flag but it got better!! Thanks for your encouraging words at the end of Sunday I will sign up for Intermediate next time

I have tons of video and pics from the weekend, I taped almost every novice session so you might be in it if you were in novice I'll get them up as soon as I catch up on rest and sleep! Oh and I have another track day this Thursday so prolly won't have time till this weekend

We took over the pool at the hotel Friday night, glad everyone was able to join and hope everyone had a good time! That pool was heaven at the end of the day!

Dinner Saturday night at Longhorn was DELICIOUS. I don't eat steak a lot and what I ordered was phenominal, the shrimp scampi was awesome too!!! We tried going back to the pool but got kicked out this time........so we just drank in the parking lot like old times

I also had new tires for this weekend, I tried out the BT003's....and wow, I love them. I was a Pirelli DCIII lover and always hesitated to try other tires because I personally didn't like Pilot Powers. These rocked out there!!!

My best and most fun session of the day was the last one on Sunday....I was a CR sammich.....Tom and Gary both towed me around and got me under the 2 minute mark, it was the hardest I pushed myself the whole weekend

I think my legs are still at Barber, hopefully they are back before ACC on Thursday
post #7 of 109 (permalink) Old 07-12-2010, 08:50 PM
VTwin FTW!

Sportbike: 2013 Ducati Diavel Cromo
Years Riding: 20
How you found us: Friend

I had a great time, at a great track, with great friends!! Like Kegger said, it's like a roller coaster for motorcycles. The elevation changes made it very exciting and fun as hell!

Thanks again Pete!

Steve and Mar, I would have never experienced this motorcycling nirvana if you hadn't offered to trailer my bike there and back. I can't thank you enough for doing this and allowing me to share your pit area also,( and Keggers too).

Mike

"Life is all about ass ... either you are covering it, kicking it, kissing it, sitting on it or trying to get it."
post #8 of 109 (permalink) Old 07-12-2010, 09:05 PM
Certified TRACK WHORE

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChicagoFactory View Post
Steve and Mar, I would have never experienced this motorcycling nirvana if you hadn't offered to trailer my bike there and back. I can't thank you enough for doing this and allowing me to share your pit area also,( and Keggers too).
It was GREAT having you there!!!!!!!! You can share a pit with us ANYTIME!!!

CCS #55 - Proudly sponsored by Farrell Performance, Motovid, Southeast Sales, Vortex, U.S. Chrome

post #9 of 109 (permalink) Old 07-12-2010, 09:10 PM
YO MAMA

Sportbike: 2010 Electra Glide Police Edition 103cu
Years Riding: a long time!

I am looking forward to doing this next year as I'll be back into the track scene.
Nice job on running an excellent track day.

post #10 of 109 (permalink) Old 07-12-2010, 09:14 PM

Sportbike: nada
Years Riding: 18
How you found us: No idea

Send a message via AIM to Nexus
Sounds like a blast!

note: people still use condoms? LOL :P
post #11 of 109 (permalink) Old 07-12-2010, 10:09 PM
Human lawn dart

Sportbike: 03 ninja 6r 05 ttr-230 04 klx300r
Years Riding: 12
How you found us: I know all

Send a message via AIM to rdrash
Just got settled in at home and had my ankle looked at. It all seems good. Just a sprain. Thanks Dani for Checking it out all weekend. I was a little nervous when I saw it Sunday morning. Thanks also to Keggers wife and neighbor for babying me all day Sunday. Thanks Germany for your drugs, too.

The track was awesome. Riding out from the pit lane onto the track felt like the first drop of a roller coaster. Then the fun never stopped. Even with all the incidents this weekend I don't think anyone would say they didn't have a good time.

I'm not short. I'm aerodynamically efficient.

Anti Helmet Laws Pro Darwinism
MotoGP 200 mph no roll cage
NESBA # 599
post #12 of 109 (permalink) Old 07-12-2010, 10:31 PM
Enjoying Life!!

Sportbike: 09 Night Rod Black Denim
Years Riding: Not Long Enuff!!!!
How you found us: Friends

Talking

I just want to say a VERY BIG thanks to everyone that helped Shelly and I with getting to the track and back home. I truelly appreciate it. This weekend would of been a bust without all the great people that went.

As Shelly stated there is so much that went on this weekend good and bad, but I had one hell of a time with everyone and railing one of the best roller coasters out there!!!!!!!!!

Blew the engine in my Trailblazer with only 3hrs left until our destination and now this turned into one expensive fucking vacation!!!!

Big Thanks to Chuck for towing my trailer most of the weekend and making it possible for Shelly and I.

Thanks to Dave13 for helping out by finding some info for me!!

Dani and Frankie for hanging out with Shelly and I drinking beer at 5am and freeing a goat from the fence. See Things Happen For a Reason. If my shit didn't break then the goat would of never got freed.

I know I'm forgetting other things as 18hrs of sleep in the last 112 hrs makes ya forget things, oh and being old doesn't help

I have to say the Motorcycle Community Fawkin ROCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

BIG THANKS AGAIN!!!!!!!!!!!

When is the next Barber Trip?!?!?

I'm sick of following my dreams. I'm just going to ask them where they're goin', and hook up with them later!!
post #13 of 109 (permalink) Old 07-12-2010, 10:41 PM

Sportbike: Ducati Monster 900s,TT-R 125LE.SV650S, R6
Years Riding: 10
How you found us: ChicagoMonster,aka big Jeff

^^^^^
thanks for the update! I was just wondering about you! So glad it's not broken!!!!!!!

There are not enough superlatives to describe this weeekend, starting with my wonderful roommates Shelly(sorta, 'cause she ditched us) Frankie & Chey.
We survived our road misadventures , thanks to Chuck & Chris who graciously drove an hour back to rescue us & Chey's trailer.
Thanks to Chuck for the yummy & illegally grilled beef & shrimp! Thanks CF for the Guiness! Drinks on me soon!
Frankie- You're the best! your help with track stuff & just being an all around super guy & travel companion was just awesome! Couldn't have wished for better.
Thanks to Marr & Steve for being so charming & fun as always, to Kegger & his gang for being so hilarious, to Germany for being so sexy in spandex. Pics to come, too tired now.
To all who made this trip, I am grateful for such good people & times!!!!!

Now let's all move to Alabama!

PS- thanks to Steve for my new name "The Bug Whisperer" . Marr has pics to explain that one .LOL

"The two most important days of your life are the day you are born, and the day you find out why." -Mark Twain
post #14 of 109 (permalink) Old 07-12-2010, 11:08 PM
Orgynizer

Quote:
Originally Posted by CHeYeNNe View Post
I just want to say a VERY BIG thanks to everyone that helped Shelly and I with getting to the track and back home. I truelly appreciate it. This weekend would of been a bust without all the great people that went.

As Shelly stated there is so much that went on this weekend good and bad, but I had one hell of a time with everyone and railing one of the best roller coasters out there!!!!!!!!!

Blew the engine in my Trailblazer with only 3hrs left until our destination and now this turned into one expensive fucking vacation!!!!

Big Thanks to Chuck for towing my trailer most of the weekend and making it possible for Shelly and I.

Dani and Frankie for hanging out with Shelly and I drinking beer at 5am and freeing a goat from the fence. See Things Happen For a Reason. If my shit didn't break then the goat would of never got freed.

I know I'm forgetting other things as 18hrs of sleep in the last 112 hrs makes ya forget things, oh and being old doesn't help

+100000 to all of this. I don't think any of us will ever forget this weekend!!!!

Thanks sooooo much Chuck for saving our asses. I don't know what we would've done if you were already pulling a trailer!

Thanks Germany, Dani and Frankie for letter me ride back with you guys!

Quote:
Originally Posted by deefib View Post
There are not enough superlatives to describe this weeekend, starting with my wonderful roommates Shelly(sorta, 'cause she ditched us) Frankie & Chey.
Hey...those beds were really small so when I saw an empty bed...I jumped in!!
post #15 of 109 (permalink) Old 07-13-2010, 12:40 AM
Captain Dryspell

Sportbike: 2K4 Busa / 2K9 R1
Years Riding: About that long
How you found us: What

We really stimulated the economy on this trip...

BAMA

<<< Keith

NESBA #127
post #16 of 109 (permalink) Old 07-13-2010, 06:13 AM
Not that fast....

Sportbike: GSXR 1k
Years Riding: 20+
How you found us: G2G

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evil Twin View Post
AWESOME weekend, our long drive to and from Chicago with many incidents on the way there and back didn't really matter after being out on this track for 2 days!!

So quick recap for the people who can't read past 3 sentences

Chey almost taking a State Trooper out, Frankie shopping for condoms and trying to blame it on me, Chuck passing 2 semi's on the shoulder, Chey's aoutomobile problems, the awesome twisty road we found...was like a mini Deals Gap, Dani saved a lil baby goat while we were on the side of the road, lots of twisties, dragging knee, drinking beers, the 2 tire blow outs

I think that covers it

Anyhoo......long version!

I just LOVED this track, I had a grin from ear to ear the whole time I was there, the track, the people, EVERYTHING!!! There is usually a turn or two that I don't like at every track but I LOVED every turn here!!!

Pete you run an amazing track day....hope you never stop!! It was great to see Anna again as well!!!

After your second lil meeting on Saturday the Novice group seemed to run much smoother, I don't understand why it's so hard for people to understand the no passing in turns and no passing on a yellow flag but it got better!! Thanks for your encouraging words at the end of Sunday I will sign up for Intermediate next time

I have tons of video and pics from the weekend, I taped almost every novice session so you might be in it if you were in novice I'll get them up as soon as I catch up on rest and sleep! Oh and I have another track day this Thursday so prolly won't have time till this weekend

We took over the pool at the hotel Friday night, glad everyone was able to join and hope everyone had a good time! That pool was heaven at the end of the day!

Dinner Saturday night at Longhorn was DELICIOUS. I don't eat steak a lot and what I ordered was phenominal, the shrimp scampi was awesome too!!! We tried going back to the pool but got kicked out this time........so we just drank in the parking lot like old times

I also had new tires for this weekend, I tried out the BT003's....and wow, I love them. I was a Pirelli DCIII lover and always hesitated to try other tires because I personally didn't like Pilot Powers. These rocked out there!!!

My best and most fun session of the day was the last one on Sunday....I was a CR sammich.....Tom and Gary both towed me around and got me under the 2 minute mark, it was the hardest I pushed myself the whole weekend

I think my legs are still at Barber, hopefully they are back before ACC on Thursday

All I can say to the Chitown crew is that all y'all are more then welcome to attend any of my events! I received nothing but completments about you guys from the staff at Barber (damn you guys can fool some of the best!)! I'm not BS'ing either, it's having good people like you attend events that help me to continue to book great venues like Barber!

Shelly, glad you enjoyed yourself, pretty hard not to at Barber!

Again, thanks to all of you for being great participants!!!!!
post #17 of 109 (permalink) Old 07-13-2010, 07:28 AM
King Nothing

Sportbike: I ride Ur Mom
Years Riding: As long as Ive known Ur Mom
How you found us: u found me

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChicagoFactory View Post
I had a great time, at a great track, with great friends!! Like Kegger said, it's like a roller coaster for motorcycles. The elevation changes made it very exciting and fun as hell!

Thanks again Pete!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunshine View Post
It was GREAT having you there!!!!!!!! You can share a pit with us ANYTIME!!!
It was good to see you back out there Mike! Glad you could come even it it was cut short!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Odysseys View Post
I am looking forward to doing this next year as I'll be back into the track scene.
Nice job on running an excellent track day.
+1 Pete - good event. Ken, you got the itch, scratch it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rdrash View Post
Just got settled in at home and had my ankle looked at. It all seems good. Just a sprain. Thanks Dani for Checking it out all weekend. I was a little nervous when I saw it Sunday morning. Thanks also to Keggers wife and neighbor for babying me all day Sunday. Thanks Germany for your drugs, too.

The track was awesome. Riding out from the pit lane onto the track felt like the first drop of a roller coaster. Then the fun never stopped. Even with all the incidents this weekend I don't think anyone would say they didn't have a good time.
LOL! J and T said it was fun pushing you around in the wheelchair!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CHeYeNNe View Post

BIG THANKS AGAIN!!!!!!!!!!!

Chey, too bad about the truck, but as you say, it wasnt a total bust thanx to great peeps!

Quote:
Originally Posted by deefib View Post
^^^^^
thanks for the update! I was just wondering about you! So glad it's not broken!!!!!!!

We survived our road misadventures , thanks to Chuck & Chris who graciously drove an hour back to rescue us & Chey's trailer.
Thanks to Chuck for the yummy & illegally grilled beef & shrimp! Thanks CF for the Guiness! Drinks on me soon!
Frankie- You're the best! your help with track stuff & just being an all around super guy & travel companion was just awesome! Couldn't have wished for better.
Thanks to Marr & Steve for being so charming & fun as always, to Kegger & his gang for being so hilarious, to Germany for being so sexy in spandex. Pics to come, too tired now.
To all who made this trip, I am grateful for such good people & times!!!!!

PS- thanks to Steve for my new name "The Bug Whisperer" . Marr has pics to explain that one .LOL
+10000, thanks all for stoppin to help, and especially Frankie with the generator!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peregrine View Post
We really stimulated the economy on this trip...

BAMA

Quote:
Originally Posted by X-Man View Post
All I can say to the Chitown crew is that all y'all are more then welcome to attend any of my events! I received nothing but completments about you guys from the staff at Barber (damn you guys can fool some of the best!)! I'm not BS'ing either, it's having good people like you attend events that help me to continue to book great venues like Barber!

Shelly, glad you enjoyed yourself, pretty hard not to at Barber!

Again, thanks to all of you for being great participants!!!!!
I think "Bill" was one of the guys who commented, he was a good ole boy, and yeah, we fooled him!

Great times Pete lets do it again!

"When in doubt, use full throttle. It may not improve your situation, but it will end the suspense."
post #18 of 109 (permalink) Old 07-13-2010, 08:31 AM
Human lawn dart

I like these 2 pictures.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg why we ride.jpg (164.8 KB, 24 views)
File Type: jpg why we ride statue.jpg (100.7 KB, 27 views)

NESBA # 599
post #19 of 109 (permalink) Old 07-13-2010, 08:49 AM
Orgynizer

Here is the link for the photo lady, doesn't look like they are up yet tho.

http://www.photoreflect.com/store/store.aspx?p=36170
post #20 of 109 (permalink) Old 07-13-2010, 09:00 AM
Feed Me a Stray Cat

Well, I'm back on the grind.

Just wanted to say what an amazing time I had over the weekend. Unbelievable facility, great people, good times. Shelly definitely did a great time paraphrasing the weekend. I'll try and post up what pics I have when I get them over to my photobucket. For now they're on my facebook for whoever is friends with me on there.

-Myles-
2014 Honda Grom
2000 Suzuki SV650 *SOLD*
post #21 of 109 (permalink) Old 07-13-2010, 09:48 AM

Sportbike: '12 KTM 150XC
Years Riding: .
How you found us: google

What an amazing trip and I'm so glad I was able to make this. I couldn't have asked for a better time with such wonderful people and what is hands down the most badass roller coaster I've ever ridden on!

To my roommates, I think we should get an apartment together. Just sayin.

Lets see the pics people!

-Chris
post #22 of 109 (permalink) Old 07-13-2010, 10:26 AM
Feed Me a Stray Cat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hman675 View Post

With all the hidden cameras it'll be just like The Real World.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evil Twin View Post
Here is the link for the photo lady, doesn't look like they are up yet tho.

http://www.photoreflect.com/store/store.aspx?p=36170
She said they'd be up in about 4 days.

-Myles-
2014 Honda Grom
2000 Suzuki SV650 *SOLD*
post #23 of 109 (permalink) Old 07-13-2010, 10:45 AM
Human lawn dart

Quote:
What an amazing trip and I'm so glad I was able to make this. I couldn't have asked for a better time with such wonderful people and what is hands down the most badass roller coaster I've ever ridden on!

Lets see the pics people!
Pics are coming.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myles View Post
With all the hidden cameras it'll be just like The Real World.
You scare me with those hidden cameras. Where did you find the waterproof one that you hid in the toilet?

NESBA # 599
post #24 of 109 (permalink) Old 07-13-2010, 10:49 AM
Human lawn dart

Now who could this be?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg chris.jpg (98.7 KB, 38 views)
File Type: jpg chris1.jpg (101.5 KB, 39 views)

NESBA # 599
post #25 of 109 (permalink) Old 07-13-2010, 10:55 AM Thread Starter
I don't know...

Quote:
now who could this be?
lol

post #26 of 109 (permalink) Old 07-13-2010, 11:10 AM

Sportbike: k6 1000rr
Years Riding: many
How you found us: UR MOM RACING

just wanted to say wow when r we doing it again ...... ur mom racing crew rocks thats all i have to say.... we took over that hotel lol .... Pete thanks caint wait for doing another one with you guys....
post #27 of 109 (permalink) Old 07-13-2010, 11:14 AM
RIP Ashwin

Sportbike: twin turbo supercharged busa
Years Riding: Just got my license
How you found us: A tramp stamp

Quote:
Let me know if you need a divorce lawyer.
post #28 of 109 (permalink) Old 07-13-2010, 11:23 AM

Sportbike: '12 KTM 150XC
Years Riding: .
How you found us: google

Quote:
Now who could this be?
lol not those pics. That was the start of my parade lap through the pits. I was tossing candy out to everyone, it was awesome!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MVRC51 View Post
Let me know if you need a divorce lawyer.

-Chris
post #29 of 109 (permalink) Old 07-13-2010, 11:30 AM
Orgynizer

Quote:
lol not those pics. That was the start of my parade lap through the pits. I was tossing candy out to everyone, it was awesome!
Got 1st place huh??
post #30 of 109 (permalink) Old 07-13-2010, 11:58 AM
Certified TRACK WHORE

Quote:
Now who could this be?
A member of the UrMom Wrecking Team!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chicagoland Sportbikes forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode