Join Date: Jan 2012
Sportbike: 2006 600rr
Years Riding: 3
How you found us: referral
track newbie looking for suit(46),boots,gloves & helmet
I had to re-post this here since no one could respond under classified
Hello everyone, I posted in the newbie section and hoping to start the track addiction this season. I'm a member on STT and doing my due dilligence by researching and preparing myself for the track. Been riding(3+ years on the street which doesnt count) and looking to have more fun moving forward.
So I'm on stt's trackgear site, ebay, weraclassifieds and craigslist to find the following deals and since im a newbie I wont be making any "new" purchases yet as I'm just starting out to the sport. If any of you can please guide/point me in the right direction or let me know where I can get the following.... I'd sincerely appreciate it:
1. I tried a suit at the motorcycle show and it seems like a 46 is what fits me. I've seen people who are my frame and own a 50 and fits them well too. Im 5'11.5 to be precise and 215(big boned).
2. Gloves. Seems like a Medium fits be.
3. Boots. In Alpine stars I was a 45 but in other companies I was a 44. I'm a 10.5 US in shoes.
4. Helmet. I'll get this on my own but anyone have opinions on the Scorpion 400? I love the matte black on stt's site but anyone have opinions?
5. A GOOD bike mechanic who can teach/guide me on oil changes, chain maintenance, tune ups etc etc.
Thanks for your responses in advance!
Last edited by feint; 02-23-2012 at 11:04 AM.