Roadracer X Magazine - Chicagoland Sportbikes
Chicagoland Sportbikes

Track Talk This forum is all about discussing riding and setup tips for different types of racetracks. As well as discussion about the local racing scene.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 12-19-2003, 08:03 AM Thread Starter

Roadracer X Magazine

Just saw this in Dominicks (for the first time) last night.

I was wondering if anyone subscribed to this and what they thought.

My first impressions:

(1) very cool photography.
(2) only comes out every 2 months - info seems a bit dated.
(3) lots of pictures.

I haven't had a chance to actually read it yet. Not sure if I want to subscribe yet, but keep in mind that I already get:

SportRider
Motorcyclist
Cycle World
RRW

What's another $20 ?

2011 Suzuki GSXR750
2001 Suzuki GSXR600
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 12-19-2003, 08:14 AM

Sportbike: Kawi ZX-10R
Years Riding: Since February 2012
How you found us: NESBA bbs

Send a message via Yahoo to Chills
I have had a subscription to this mag since it first came out. Gotta say its my favorite. I like it a lot more than the others you mentioned... except maybe RRW.

Never a bad time to climb... unless the weather is really horrible, and then you climb inside!

I bleed GREEN
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 12-19-2003, 08:41 AM
K.I.S.S

Sportbike: CBR600RR & H-D Softail Custom
Years Riding: almost as long as it took to fill this out
How you found us: through a miracle

Send a message via AIM to MikeD
there are 3 i like to read.

road racer world (covers both sides of the pond)
road racerX (covers our side of the pond)
there is 1 more but i cant think fo the name. but it had bayliss on the cover, or was it capparossi.... (covers other side of the pond)

Willard: When I was home after my first tour, it was worse. I'd wake up and there'd be nothing. I hardly said a word to my wife, until I said "yes" to a divorce. When I was here, I wanted to be there; when I was there, all I could think of was getting back into the jungle.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 12-19-2003, 09:16 AM
Wannabe racer

Sportbike: KTM, GasGas, Sherco
Years Riding: Lost too many brain cells to remember
How you found us: Duh!

I don't even get the CycleWorld and others anymore. They really don't have that many good riding articles, it's mostly coverage of HP #'s and tests for new bikes. Which is good if you are looking for one, but overall the content to me is minimal.

Now I subscribe to RRW, and RRX between those two I get pretty much all the info I want.

I really like the article they just had about the WERA Suzuki Cup covering the Versah rider who is out there making a living at racing at 43yrs old. Now that is COOL!
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 12-19-2003, 09:37 AM
TP5

when it first came out i thought it could be cool but with the exception of the last issue I haven't been to pleased with it. My problem is that it doesn't focus enough on road racing and there is too much Super Motard stuff. Sorry but I'm not into Motard. It doesn't appeal to me at all. If I want Motocross I read Motocross and will get a dirtbike. The road bike goes without saying. Hopefully the last issue with Kurtis on the cover is an idication that they will be focusing more on street bikes and less on the motard stuff. But they also need to get all their info a little better, I've found a lot of mistakes with some of their facts. But if you're not REALLY in road racing most people won't notice.

Personally I think most of the US bike mags are pretty bad especially with sportbike coverage and roadracing coverage. IMHO the best ones around are the Euro mags but unfortunately they cost more.

Motorcycle Racer can't be beat for both the quality and quanity of roadracing coverage. Mags like T.W.O, Superbikes, and Fastbikes have a lot better coverage of sportbikes than cycleworld and the like can dream of
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 12-19-2003, 09:42 AM

Sportbike: Kawi ZX-10R
Years Riding: Since February 2012
How you found us: NESBA bbs

Send a message via Yahoo to Chills
Quote:
Originally posted by TP5
when it first came out i thought it could be cool but with the exception of the last issue I haven't been to pleased with it. My problem is that it doesn't focus enough on road racing and there is too much Super Motard stuff. Sorry but I'm not into Motard.
I wasn't too interested in all that Motard crap either. This month did have some good sportbike articles, though. I doubt we'll see many, if any, more riders on the cover that aren't sportbike riders. If you read the articles no one came to the Motard events.

Never a bad time to climb... unless the weather is really horrible, and then you climb inside!

I bleed GREEN
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 12-19-2003, 09:53 AM
Slum Overlord

Sportbike: 03 GSXR 1000, 02 RM250, 03 TTR125L
Years Riding: considerable time
How you found us: install job

I first saw RacerX at the store a couple of months ago and really liked it, even with the Motard stuff (not my bag baby). I sent in one of those annoying cards stuffed inside and attached at the spine of the mags for a new subscription about a month ago. You gots to be patient with these mofo's!

the uncarved stone
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 12-19-2003, 11:24 AM

RRX thats the only sub. im renewing

Look 4 me in there, i'll be the 1 waveing the checkerd flag

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chicagoland Sportbikes forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode