need help with info about heartman park. - Chicagoland Sportbikes
Chicagoland Sportbikes

Track Talk This forum is all about discussing riding and setup tips for different types of racetracks. As well as discussion about the local racing scene.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 01-07-2004, 10:10 AM Thread Starter
YO MAMA

Sportbike: 2010 Electra Glide Police Edition 103cu
Years Riding: a long time!

need help with info about heartman park.

anyone know where this is, what kinda race track, etc...they got a web site?

doing research.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 01-07-2004, 10:16 AM

Sportbike: I don't ride
How you found us: google

you mean heartland park?

<---- Useless Mufugga
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 01-07-2004, 10:18 AM Thread Starter
YO MAMA

i guess, i think there in topica, if this is that place?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 01-07-2004, 10:26 AM
"PC" ,my balls

Sportbike: '02 GSXR1000 (street),'02 GSXR600 (track),'94CR125 (dirt), 3x pocketbikes (oval), KTMs x 3
Years Riding: 20 years
How you found us: Google search

In Topeka, Kansas. The front straight is the drag strip so you may be able to find something on the site for the drag races. I saw an AMA race there in the 80's.

My wife thinks we're a bunch of Top Gun wannabes with our call signs, so for future reference, I'm Roger

I've done some things I'm not proud of...and the things I am proud of are disgusting - Moe on the Simpsons
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 01-07-2004, 10:30 AM
Evil Moderatrix

Location: Think corn and pigs. Lots and lots of corn and pigs.
Sportbike: A Big Blue One, a threesome of Sexy Red Ones - and a Happy Yellow One!
Years Riding: Quarter century.
How you found us: I was looking for Jimmy Choo's in my shoe closet.

Send a message via AIM to KBOlsen
Heartland Park is owned by the same folks who own Blackhawk, Ken.

Kim
CCS AM #815 - the cute, fuzzy, yellow, spoiled-rotten half of Team Duc Tape!
I break stuff
Duck, duck, duck, GUZ!
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 01-07-2004, 10:30 AM Thread Starter
YO MAMA

found it, thanks

post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 01-07-2004, 10:32 AM
Evil Moderatrix

Sportbike: A Big Blue One, a threesome of Sexy Red Ones - and a Happy Yellow One!
Years Riding: Quarter century.
How you found us: I was looking for Jimmy Choo's in my shoe closet.

Send a message via AIM to KBOlsen
www.hpt.com

Kim
CCS AM #815 - the cute, fuzzy, yellow, spoiled-rotten half of Team Duc Tape!
I break stuff
Duck, duck, duck, GUZ!
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 01-07-2004, 10:38 AM Thread Starter
YO MAMA

yep, i found it:

Latest News
Press Releases
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
NEW OWNERSHIP ANNOUNCED FOR HEARTLAND PARK TOPEKA

TOPEKA, Kan. (April 3, 2003) - Raymond Irwin was officially announced today as the new owner of Heartland Park Topeka, a multi-purpose auto racing facility located in Topeka, Kansas.

Irwin, a distinguished engineer with an extensive racing background, also owns Blackhawk Farms Raceway in Rockton, Ill.

"I have been involved in the racing community for nearly 30 years," Irwin said. "Heartland Park Topeka is a wonderful facility that has something for everyone, and it has a great reputation for being one of the fastest quarter-mile tracks on the NHRA circuit. In addition, Heartland Park Topeka is the home of a very exciting and technically challenging road course".

"I am thrilled to have become a part of the Heartland Park Topeka family and I look forward to being able to continually provide our fans the best racing action possible for a long time."

Representatives from the NHRA and the SCCA racing organizations were on hand at the Capital Plaza Hotel for the announcement, including NHRA Division 5 Director, Rob Park, and Sports Car Club of America President and CEO Steve Johnson.

"We are pleased to welcome Raymond Irwin and we look forward to working with him and his staff," said Tom Compton, president, NHRA, through a statement issued by NHRA the world's largest motorsports sanctioning body. "Heartland Park Topeka has a longstanding tradition of hosting an exciting weekend of NHRA POWERade drag racing on one of racing's most popular weekends, Memorial Day. With Raymond on board, we know that this facility will continue to grow as one of the finest facilities on our schedule."

Highlighting the track's NHRA program will be the 15th annual O'Reilly Summer Nationals, May 22-25. More than 600 competitors are expected to participate in the $1.8 million event, which will be aired on ESPN and ESPN2, and will feature NHRA's marquee categories, Top Fuel, Funny Car and Pro Stock.

Heartland Park Topeka will also host a NHRA Lucas Oil Drag Racing Series divisional event, an NHRA Jr. Drag Racing League event and a full season of bracket races. The facility also will present several SCCA regional and national events.

"Heartland Park has a tremendous amount of history and tradition with the Sports Car Club of America," Johnson said. "Likewise, Raymond Irwin has an equal amount of history and experience with the SCCA in both competition and hosting SCCA road races. We could not be happier with the fact that Raymond Irwin has purchased Heartland Park. Raymond and the SCCA are committed to the city of Topeka and motor sports in general. This is a great partnership for all involved."

Tickets for the 15th annual O'Reilly Summer Nationals, which is part of the NHRA POWERade Drag Racing Series, are on sale now and are available by calling (800) 884-6472.

Heartland Park Topeka sits just south of Topeka and one hour west of metropolitan Kansas City and is on of the premier motorsports facility in the state. The multi-purpose motorsports facility, in operation since 1989, is located on 750 acres. Heartland Park Topeka offers several road courses ranging from 1.75 to 2.5 miles in length; a state-of-the-art quarter-mile drag strip, and a three-eighths-mile dirt oval beside numerous test track configurations all surround a 1000-car capacity paddock.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chicagoland Sportbikes forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode