Chicagoland Sportbike Forums banner

Argh...need to beg a ride to BHF this weekend!

727 views 25 replies 4 participants last post by  patryk 
#1 ·
My original plan to get a U-Haul van for next weekend fell through in grand fashion. If anyone out there in TV land is headed to BHF for the 18th (17th works too as long as you're staying through Sunday) and has some space...I'd be grateful!

In return I can offer my share of the gas/tolls/witty commentary. (and access to whatever pit goodies I'm able to steal from Sticky before the trip).

Thanks yo.

PS - bonus points if you're anywhere near the city!

G
#4 ·
Underdog said:
Negative. I "might" be able to do Saturday in addition to Sunday - funds permitting. The NESBA lottery gods took favor on me and granted me a freebie on Sunday. So Sunday I shall ride! (tell you what, if you ride on Sunday, I'll ride on Saturday. Deal?) :D

BASTARD! :laughing

No I can't man, I gotta save that loot for RA the weekend after. I mite go Sunday instead of Saturday, let me think about it

#5 ·
C'mon! You know you're a high roller, you can totally afford it! All the cool kids are doing it? :D

No pressure though bud. I might be able to borrow my buddy's truck if push comes to shove. Much as I want to see you get tossed of the track for stunnin...I understand the cash outlay.

#8 ·
Dumb luck. I called them asking for a van for all day Saturday. Since they're closed on Sunday, they let me have the single day rate. It was $79 for the van and 100 miles, but the guy offered me unlimited miles for an extra $10! Sold!

Your best bet is to call them and play dumb. When I tried to reserve one online they were charging me for 3 days etc.

Good luck!

#10 ·
I'll answer that question! :D
I'm supposed to pick up the van on Saturday morning, load everything up, and head out to Rockton in the early afternoon. Hoping to have enough time to setup some kind of pit, and partake in the festivities Saturday night.

Note: I can dump all those magical plans if the right offer comes along (hint hint).

Why do you ask? :D

#19 ·
Thanks to a Grasshopper that shall remain nameless, I cancelled my reservation this morning. (thanks again buddy)

I normally don't take insurance on rental cars since my normal auto insurance covers me on anything I drive. I'm cheap like that. Don't know what to tell you about the 4-day fee. I guess you could tell them that you'd happily return it on Sunday? That's what I did, and they were quick to tell me they were closed, and it would have to be Monday morning. (that's how I got the free day).

Maybe I'm just too convincing when I play dumb? Either way, good luck. Try not to do what I did and realize that you could buy your own trailer for the price of two rental vans... that little reality can really make your head hurt!

#22 ·
Damn bud. Sorry to hear it. Whatever happens, don't let me be the only well-named Irishman out there this weekend!

Time to beg/borrow/steal. Check out Home Depot (they rent trucks, probaly not for a whole weekend, but $ talks). If you know anyone with a minivan, bust out the wrenches and apologize later.

Um... take a new pickup for a test drive? A looooong one? Remember, arrest warrants are just nature's way of saying "when you have time, we'd like to talk to you". :D

Good luck buddy.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.