Hayden Issues (Spoiler) - Chicagoland Sportbikes
Chicagoland Sportbikes

Track Talk This forum is all about discussing riding and setup tips for different types of racetracks. As well as discussion about the local racing scene.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-14-2004, 04:03 PM Thread Starter

Hayden Issues (Spoiler)

What's the deal with Nicky? I know the people at HRC can't be to pleased with his results. Do you think he is starting to push to hard? Anyone know how long his contract is with Repsol Honda? I can see the first year learning the tracks the second year he should be at least up front contending and the third year he should definately be winning. Rossi and Sete are the class of the field but it would be nice to see an American challenging for the lead......
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-14-2004, 04:06 PM
Man with Big Hose

Sportbike: '01 Track only GSXR 600. No more street riding :(
Years Riding: Pick a number between 1 and 10? Opps now 1 and 11
How you found us: Champ91 in 2002

Send a message via AIM to Pugsly Send a message via MSN to Pugsly
I think Nickey is doing fine...he qualifys great in only year 2!!!! i think he still needs to learn the tracks, but i do beleive he should be farther this year than he is. He had better get a podium in the next few races!!!!!!!

BTW what happened to him last week, I deleted the race and missed the part were he went out. (i saw checca crash and hayden fall to 13th or 15th!! than nowhere???)

PS Kurtis should quite now, he jumped over there way too soon beacause of his name, i think he wasted any legit chance he had to ride moto gp for a competative team!!!)

That Boy Just Ain't Right
CCS #414
PARTS411.COM
Lockhart Phillips USA

NESBA #414 Advanced
2001 GSXR 600
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-14-2004, 04:40 PM

Sportbike: Kawi ZX-10R
Years Riding: Since February 2012
How you found us: NESBA bbs

Send a message via Yahoo to Chills
Yeah, I'm wondering what's up with ole Nicky too. At Mugello he had a DNF for mechanical problems, and at Catalunya he pulled off the track. What happened there? And I have no idea why he went from the front row to 15th place in a lap. Hell, even Nakano placed in the top 10 with his KAWASAKI!!!! woo hoo!!

Never a bad time to climb... unless the weather is really horrible, and then you climb inside!

I bleed GREEN
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-14-2004, 04:44 PM

I think the competition is very challenging there. The riders are so good that most weekends it's all about bike set-up. Rossi's crew chief is the unsung hero behidn "THe Man". With any other crew cheif, Rossi would have 1 or 2 fewer wins.

Hayden was really shooting hard for a podium last weekend and just pushed it too far.

I think he'll get there.

Remember, there are only 3 podium spots with 6-10 riders fully capable of landing one of those 3 spots. I don't think this is by far the most competitve field motorcycle racing has ever seen in the feature class. It's almost as tight as a typical 125 or 250 race. The machines are that equal and the riders are that equal in the top 10 slots. Jsut look at how close qualifying has been
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-14-2004, 04:51 PM

Nicky Hayden, Repsol Honda Team: retired: "Just so disappointed. This morning I went out on used tyres to get a feel for the conditions and it all felt pretty positive. I seemed to have problems all weekend with practice starts and in the race it was a disaster. Just couldn't get any power down right up to turn one by which time half the grid had got past. During the race the bike seemed to loose power and I noticed some fluid on the windscreen that I guess must have been water because when the bike eventually stopped we discovered the radiator had been holed a small stone I guess. I'm definitely disappointed not to get a result again. Onto the next race!"
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-14-2004, 09:32 PM

<------------this is whats wrong with nicky!!! hahahahahhahahaha!!!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chicagoland Sportbikes forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode