Chicagoland Sportbike Forums banner

MotoGP Spoiler: hard charging start!

405 views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  Chills 
#1 · (Edited)
MotoGP Spoiler: Motegi

Perhaps we misjudged Caperossi in the Biaggi incident last week.

At Motegi last night Caperossi made a aggressive charge and took out most of the top ten position....including ALL 4 AMERICAN RIDERS! :bs

Hopkins was havign the best start of his entire life with a 2nd place qualifying spot. Roberts was finally back in form. Edwards and Hayden were on the 3rd...but some fucking Italian had to charge to the front.

After the dust settled.... Biaggi, Hopkins, Roberts, Hayden, Edwards and Caperossi were all knocked out of the race.

Althogh ultimately I believe the podium was unaffected as Tamada starting from the pole took his first MotoGP victory in the front of the home crowd and has now moved to God of Japan status :laughing Rossi took 2nd and moved 1 step closer to clinching the championship and Nakano took 3rd...which puts Kawasaki on the podium for the first time in ummmm.... wel la realyl long time.... probably dating back to the McCoy in his championship season (1999???)

BE sure not to miss the carnage at the start of the race. Personally I'm amazed they didn't red flag and restart the race.

See less See more
#2 ·
Re: MotoGP Spoiler: Motegi

cherrypicker said:
Perhaps we misjudged Caperossi in the Biaggi incident last week.

Althogh ultimately I believe the podium was unaffected as Tamada starting from the pole took his first MotoGP victory in the front of the home crowd and has now moved to God of Japan status :laughing Rossi took 2nd and moved 1 step closer to clinching the championship and Nakano took 3rd...which puts Kawasaki on the podium for the first time in ummmm.... wel la realyl long time.... probably dating back to the McCoy in his championship season (1999???)

:p I told you Capirossi was a jackass. :p

Anyways it was Tamada's second victory of the season not first. McCoy wasn't on a Kawasaki in 1999 nor was Kawasaki even in grand prix. The last time Kawasaki was in GP prior to the current MotoGP bikes was probably almost 20 years ago. So it's a pretty HUGE deal that Nakano put that green bike on the podium. :)

#3 ·
Re: Re: MotoGP Spoiler: Motegi

Reverend Rice said:
:p I told you Capirossi was a jackass. :p

Anyways it was Tamada's second victory of the season not first. McCoy wasn't on a Kawasaki in 1999 nor was Kawasaki even in grand prix. The last time Kawasaki was in GP prior to the current MotoGP bikes was probably almost 20 years ago. So it's a pretty HUGE deal that Nakano put that green bike on the podium. :)
Thanks for the corrections... godo to see somebody is paying attention. I forgot about the Brazil victory for Tamada. He's definitely proving to be a up comming star. He had some good results last year on the inferior Yamaha.

My bad about McCoy...before my time so I was making assumptions. Wow, that is a big deal for Kawi then.

Very tough break for Suzuki. Looks like they are finally starting ot pull something that resembles a comptetive program together and both riders are knocked out of the race at the start after qualifying very well.

#4 ·
WOO HOO!!! Team Green finally got a podium finish.

If all those riders hadn't crashed out I'm sure Nakano wouldn't have done so well, but I'll take what I can get. He still rode an awesome race.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.