track day questions - Chicagoland Sportbikes
Chicagoland Sportbikes

Track Talk This forum is all about discussing riding and setup tips for different types of racetracks. As well as discussion about the local racing scene.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 01-06-2005, 12:44 PM Thread Starter

track day questions

I'm kinda' new to this site and I am looking for some other organizations to do track days with. I live in So IL and I'm an MCRA member, so I've done track time at Gateway and would like to try other tracks.
I'd like some info about CLSB track days; like cost, is there a membership, etc. Is there a schedule? I don't see these things on the site. If I missed them, feel free to flame me.
Also, anyone know anything about Sport Bike Track Time? They look like a decent outfit and prices aren't bad, but I hadn't heard of them until I came across it on the net. I already now about NESBA. Thanks.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 01-06-2005, 01:10 PM

Sportbike: 08 YZ250F, 03 Tuono
Years Riding: Eh?
How you found us: .

First off, welcome to the site!

Second off, NESBA has done GREAT things for us in the past. They are a site sponsor, and have brought many of us from slow-ass track noobs, to slow-ass track regulars!

There are other local orgs out there, others here may know more. I've never ridden with them so I'll spare you my opinion.

CLSB days are open to all board members. One of our Administrators (Oddysees) sets them up, and details are given when the time comes. Stick around, and keep an eye on this forum and you'll know soon enough what the dates/tracks will be.

Welcome again! Make yourself at home and stay awhile.

<---- Patrick

Property of Evil Monkey Racing

Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand.

post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 01-06-2005, 01:16 PM

Sportbike: 05 CRF50
Years Riding: "Since 1992"
How you found us: You found me

Well first off...welcome to CLSB!

There are a few choices of who to ride with..kinda depends on what you are looking to get out of it.

You mentioned CLSB days...lets start there. For the last few years, we have rented out Blackhawkfarms Raceway...just outside of Rockford, IL. We do this for the members as a comfortable introduction to the racetrack. We found that it works a lot better when you already know at least a few people you will be rdiing with. Plus we have a great group of Control Riders (instructors of sort) that can help you learn to ride the track safe and fast. If I recall correctly, the cost was ~$155 per day which gives you between 6-8 20 minute sessions. There is no membership fee. We break everyone into 3 groups based on skill level and experience. At the beginner level there is highly controlled passing and at the other end, Advanced, there are no rules except riding respectively. Being so early in the year, we do not have any dates booked.

www.nesba.com is another great organization that operates on a much larger scale. They are a not for profit organization dedicated to getting streetriders on the track and into a safer environment. Prices are generally a little more than CLSB, they do charge a $75 annual membership fee, but they offer a very diverse schedule across the US. Many of us here have been riding with Nesba for years...myself included.

SportBikeTrackTime is similar to Nesba in many ways...I am a member but have never ridden with them yet. Their pricing and services are similar to Nesba, however they are run and setup as a business and profit making is a critical pursuit.

There are also various schools that can be taken....I recall a list someone put together not too long ago...maybe someone else can chime in.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 01-06-2005, 01:28 PM
Evil Moderatrix

Location: Think corn and pigs. Lots and lots of corn and pigs.
Location: Think corn and pigs. Lots and lots of corn and pigs.
Sportbike: A Big Blue One, a threesome of Sexy Red Ones - and a Happy Yellow One!
Years Riding: Quarter century.
How you found us: I was looking for Jimmy Choo's in my shoe closet.

Send a message via AIM to KBOlsen
STT and NESBA are both great orgs, and CLSB days are a lot of fun. If weekdays are good for you, then you might want to also check out PrivateTrackTime. Track density is limited to 20 riders - makes for a nice, "intimate" day. They run at both Blackhawk and Autobahn.

Kim
CCS AM #815 - the cute, fuzzy, yellow, spoiled-rotten half of Team Duc Tape!
I break stuff
Duck, duck, duck, GUZ!
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 01-06-2005, 01:50 PM
YO MAMA

Sportbike: 2010 Electra Glide Police Edition 103cu
Years Riding: a long time!

pretty much what everyone said.

i am Odysseys as you can tell.

dont know about booking dates yet, i am waiting till Feb before i commit 30,000 + for people with doing CLSB track days.

but i endorse Nesba.com.

welcome again

post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 01-24-2005, 07:10 PM
Chief Apex Inspector

Sportbike: The Bird is the *word* - XX
Years Riding: Lots
How you found us: Stuck on the bottom of my race boot.......

www.nesba.com NESBA is bar far the best organization.

Heard good things about Private Track Time as well.

My experiences with Sportbikecrashtime have not been so good.

The Odessy's days last year were fun and well run.... hey I even rode control.

FWIW

Tom

T2
It's ALL between the ears.....
NESBA Midwest CR #82 ( Hey - T2! ) Retired ?
FJR and a Big Red Wing-Thing
BLARNEY's GARAGE
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 02-02-2005, 06:50 PM

Sportbike: yamaha tz250
Years Riding: 20 years
How you found us: friend

This will be my 5 year with sportbike track time. I have nothing bad to say about them. I always have a great time and get plenty of riding. i started with the school group and now I have been in the expert group for the last 2 years. If I had some more money I would be able to try some of the other trackday providers.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chicagoland Sportbikes forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode