Post BHF 5/29 - Chicagoland Sportbikes
Chicagoland Sportbikes

Track Talk This forum is all about discussing riding and setup tips for different types of racetracks. As well as discussion about the local racing scene.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 28 (permalink) Old 05-29-2005, 08:43 PM Thread Starter

Sportbike: none...all gone
Years Riding: a while
How you found us: ken

Post BHF 5/29

What a great day of watching. How those folks could ride in the f'in rain like that is beyond me.
Caught most of the CLSB riders but I didn't know all of them.
If you haven't gone out to the races yet, make sure you get there soon, these people rock.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 28 (permalink) Old 05-29-2005, 09:02 PM
Cuddlie as a koala

Sportbike: Which bike?
Years Riding: Too long.
How you found us: Ken offered me money to join.

Well I was in Turn 4 sat and turn 7 sund. No one came out.

BTW thanks to a few MORONS, pitbikes nearly got banned from BHF. Luckily they only banned them til lunch. Reason. Said morons were riding ON THE TRACK sat nite or sun morn when they shouldnt had been on the track in teh first place and nearly hit someone.

Sat was pretty bad crash wise. 26 bikes hit the pavement. 6 in turn 4 alone. We even had to red flag GTL TWICE on sat. That was unheard of. Ambulance was rather busy sat.

Sun. T7 was pretty quite until teh races started. 3-4 bikes went down. 1 ambulance to 7 for a broken collarbone. Rider walked across the track so we coul dwait for the ambulance so they wouldnt have to stop the race.

Worst incedent was sunday and it didnt involve a race vehicle. Little girl was bit in teh forehead by a dog in T1. Suppoosedly the dog lunged at her and bit. Animal control and teh police came to the track and teh dog was taken away to quarantine since the owners couldnt provide papers.
post #3 of 28 (permalink) Old 05-29-2005, 09:09 PM
Cuddlie as a koala

BTW Dave, thanks for the tires.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 28 (permalink) Old 05-29-2005, 09:50 PM
Bop your way home...

Sportbike: Hypermotard
Years Riding: since 99'
How you found us: Googled "bullshit artists"

Wow, sounds like a fucked up weekend. Where those kids that didn't know better that rode on the track or some asshats too stupid to know they were on the track.

-Alan-
Balancing the Paradox
of Art and Profit
post #5 of 28 (permalink) Old 05-29-2005, 11:16 PM
Cuddlie as a koala

Just dumbasses thinking they can get away with it. Probably some racers who were drinking after the races.
post #6 of 28 (permalink) Old 05-30-2005, 07:17 PM
Evil Moderatrix

Location: Think corn and pigs. Lots and lots of corn and pigs.
Sportbike: A Big Blue One, a threesome of Sexy Red Ones - and a Happy Yellow One!
Years Riding: Quarter century.
How you found us: I was looking for Jimmy Choo's in my shoe closet.

Send a message via AIM to KBOlsen
I'll race in the rain any day. What an awesome, totally kick-ass weekend! Got to the track late Thursday night, got set up in "our spot"... spent a BEAUTIFUL day Friday finding a compromise between the needs of the new Michelin race rubber and my riding style... got all nice and comfy. Watched the carnage-fest on Saturday and was simply giddy when the rain clouds came rolling in on Sunday morning. Got 11th in Unlimited Supersport, 10th in Heavyweight Supersport, 11th in Heavyweight Superbike and 4th in SuperTwins

Stuck around for the L-P trackday today... did some more "fine-tuning" on the setup. Tires are grippy as hell but still wearing at Expert pace LOL!

Sunday at the riders meeting I presented two checks to Gordy Lunde and "Super Dave" Rosno for the Wegman Fund and Midwest Athletes Against Childhood Cancer, in honor of the Rosno and Junge families. Last CCS weekend, Lithium Motorsports and I conducted a silent auction and passed around collection jugs. With no advance notice and minimal planning, we raised over $600!

Kim
CCS AM #815 - the cute, fuzzy, yellow, spoiled-rotten half of Team Duc Tape!
I break stuff
Duck, duck, duck, GUZ!
post #7 of 28 (permalink) Old 05-30-2005, 07:25 PM
BEER!

Sportbike: '01 SV650S (Pokey!) '02 Honda CR125 (Blockhead)
Years Riding: 5
How you found us: SBN

Send a message via AIM to Grover
Quote:
Originally Posted by YZFRob
Just dumbasses thinking they can get away with it. Probably some racers who were drinking after the races.
Pretty much. The violations were limited to one group of notoriously loud racers. All my knowledge is third hand but I guess they decided to head to the bonfire and start bragging about it. Other racers forced them to fess up.

NESBA/CCS #142
AIM: GroverSV650S
Dirtbikes are not submarines
post #8 of 28 (permalink) Old 05-30-2005, 07:33 PM
BEER!

My racing went pretty good. Rain races aren't my best, that's for sure. I had DOTs on the practice sessions and first race. Ass end was sliding around so I threw the rains on for the final two races, but by the last race track was pretty much dry. Proceeded to roast my rain tires even at my ungodly slow pace.

I spooned on the new Michelin Power Race front tire. For some reason I kept running wide on the corners so John raised the fork tubes about 1/4 inch. It helped, so the next day we raised them again about the same. Bike is now riding on rails. I need to get more seat time and focus on being smooth versus trying to go fast. I started to bring the lap times down a bit after working on it a bit more (some advice from Mark Benard helped). Still, need some serious seat time before the next race there.

NESBA/CCS #142
post #9 of 28 (permalink) Old 05-30-2005, 08:57 PM
Wannabe racer

Sportbike: KTM, GasGas, Sherco
Years Riding: Lost too many brain cells to remember
How you found us: Duh!

Well it was an up and down weekend for me but mostly good. First race of the day was supersport the class I'm competing for the championship in, and I wound up finishing second, then the winner of the race got DQ'd for the air filter deal. So I ended up winning my first race although it doesn't feel the same when you don't cross the line first. Second race was Superbike, I had an awesome start and was running good, a few slides here and there, then one big one coming out of seven that had me out of the seat, then off the track I was running 2nd at the time but two people got by me while I was making my way back on the track. Got back on and finished 4th. Then lightweight GP I lost the front after trying to switch to a full wet setup but the spare wheel was making noise, rushed to the grid mad the race but then crashed tucking the front in turn 3. Went back to the pits and with a lot of help got everything switched over to the other bike to make the Supertwins race where I managed to finish second after one guy did the same thing I did in the Superbike race, except his ended in a highside and taking out another rider with him.

So that brings me to my thanks for the weekend. Thanks to Grover, for the awesome grillin and helping me with mechanical stuff on Sunday, Thanks to Ofugit(Ohfugit), and Mark(vtr996) "Who also just came out on a rainy day to help out", and then to Kimmy's John for getting my front slick mounted up so I could run on Monday. Some great people that really just come together when things are needed. It was a fun weekend that's for sure even with the crappy weather and the crashes that tend to result from such wet conditions.
post #10 of 28 (permalink) Old 05-30-2005, 09:14 PM
BEER!

Hey, all I did was cook and serve beer! I think we all were mechanics this weekend. I had three tire changes, two fork adjustments. Thanks to Dave for the couch space (dude, kick me out one of these days), Kimmy for the cookies, Ofugit for the bike help. Next time I'm bringing the Bacardi!

-Chris

NESBA/CCS #142
post #11 of 28 (permalink) Old 05-30-2005, 11:54 PM

Sportbike: FJR1300
Years Riding: greater than a decade.
How you found us: google

Send a message via AIM to NickIF
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. D
Wow, sounds like a fucked up weekend. Where those kids that didn't know better that rode on the track or some asshats too stupid to know they were on the track.
I know one of those guys... no they weren't kids, they weren't drunk either just having a good time. One of them rides advanced actually and is super fast...
post #12 of 28 (permalink) Old 05-31-2005, 12:41 AM

Sportbike: All kinds.....
Years Riding: motorcycles are dangerous
How you found us: as

Well this weekend was okay....should of done better but what are you going to do?? I pulled a couple of wins out in middleweight superbike and heavyweight superbike. Was in the lead in middleweight supersport but it got red flagged and they go back to the pervious completed lap which I was in 3rd working my way thru the pack....boy...what a messed up weekend...lol I led every lap in GTU on Saturday but Dan Doty kinda t-boned me in T1 and took me out so yes I fell down again....
I hate the rain but it may be good practice since it's a good chance it's going to rain at Road America this weekend...lol

Saw a few of you guys out there it was nice to see you. You guys should stop by the pits next time and say hi.
post #13 of 28 (permalink) Old 05-31-2005, 08:00 AM
Wannabe racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by NickIF
I know one of those guys... no they weren't kids, they weren't drunk either just having a good time. One of them rides advanced actually and is super fast...
Doesn't matter after the first warning they needed to stop. Them having a good time isn't worth it at the expense of every other rider at the track. That's just curtousy to your fellow racers. Not being able to use a pit bike to go get tires when you ABSOLUTELY need them isn't a sacrafice that is justified by a couple people having a good time. Also what relavancy does how fast he is, have to do with again ruining pit bike privilages for everyone? It's rude and incosiderate that's plain and simple. Sorry if that offends you because you know them, but they were warned and everyone knows how the track gets when after a warning the activity doesn't stop.

Again I'm all for anyone having a good time, just not at the expense of your fellow racers.
post #14 of 28 (permalink) Old 05-31-2005, 08:56 AM
G2G

I know some of the guys were from TSR. Team squid racing. They where pitted across from me.

Anyways is was a so so weekend. I got a couple of 4th palce finishes and a second place in Supertwins. I was in the lead for half of the race battling with a couple of RC 51's one of which is a friend of mine Jerry. Well me and him where on rains and the rest of the guys where on dot's. I knew we where in trouble when we took out warm up lap and 90% of the track was dry Well I figured if I am in the lead for the first lap in a half I would stay out there if not I would pull in and save my rains from getting toasted. Well sure enough I come across the start finish line in 1st place so I stayed out. I got a great hole shot like I usually do and kept the lead. Well after the 3rd lap I was passed by 2 RC51's. Then we came into traffic from the unlimited superbike novices. That helped me as I was able to pass both Rc's in trafic. The last two laps made up for the shitty weekend. Me and my friend Jerry where passing each other 3 times per lap for the last two lasps. I knew I had to be infront of him for the last corner or else he would pull away and beat me to the finish line. Well we ran into more traffic and I had to wait till the last coner to make my move I got next to him on the exit to the last coner gettin a better drive but he had too much motor for me and beat me by a couple of bike lengths Oh well second place is the best loser! For the first race weekend in almost a year I am happy with my performance and my GF got to see me in action lets just hope autobahn stays dry!

Good to see alot of CLSBers out there racing and supporting us!!!! Like I said I will have free beer fro everyone who shows up at the Autobahn weekend. All you can drink!!!
post #15 of 28 (permalink) Old 05-31-2005, 09:02 AM
Wannabe racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Good2Go
Good to see alot of CLSBers out there racing and supporting us!!!! Like I said I will have free beer fro everyone who shows up at the Autobahn weekend. All you can drink!!!
I'll be there, and free beer WooHoo!!!

See ya there.
post #16 of 28 (permalink) Old 05-31-2005, 09:10 AM
Evil Moderatrix

Sportbike: A Big Blue One, a threesome of Sexy Red Ones - and a Happy Yellow One!

Mmmmmmmmmm beer!

And a rain dance!!!

Kim
I break stuff
Duck, duck, duck, GUZ!
post #17 of 28 (permalink) Old 05-31-2005, 09:49 AM

Sportbike: R6, FE570, TZ250, CFR450
Years Riding: 33
How you found us: friend

Send a message via AIM to racingxtc7 Send a message via Yahoo to racingxtc7
GT lights I finished 8th, GP125 bikes just can NOT get off the line, I was last into turn one, managed to pass like 10 bikes by the "bus stop", was held up by some big slow bikes that I was having trouble passing.

I like racing in the rain. Finished 2nd in LWGP. I was two bikes behind dave when he went down. It stopped raining so I put on my buddies spares wheels with slickes on them, went out and had NO brakes!! Pulled off, the rotors where covered in oil. So, I DNF the 125 race.

CCS/USGPRU#976
<----Jeff
post #18 of 28 (permalink) Old 05-31-2005, 10:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovebothkats
Doesn't matter after the first warning they needed to stop. Them having a good time isn't worth it at the expense of every other rider at the track. That's just curtousy to your fellow racers. Not being able to use a pit bike to go get tires when you ABSOLUTELY need them isn't a sacrafice that is justified by a couple people having a good time. Also what relavancy does how fast he is, have to do with again ruining pit bike privilages for everyone? It's rude and incosiderate that's plain and simple. Sorry if that offends you because you know them, but they were warned and everyone knows how the track gets when after a warning the activity doesn't stop.

Again I'm all for anyone having a good time, just not at the expense of your fellow racers.
relax. I wasn't justifying their actions, I was just telling whoever said they were "kids" or "Drunk" that they were wrong
post #19 of 28 (permalink) Old 05-31-2005, 10:36 AM

Sportbike: I don't ride

Quote:
I know some of the guys were from TSR. Team squid racing. They where pitted across from me.
So it was the tight shirt wearing little boys on the green bikes?
post #20 of 28 (permalink) Old 05-31-2005, 10:58 AM
Evil Moderatrix

Hey Brian! Speaking of boys in tight shirts... be sure to let Tobias know that he missed ALL the fun... and the ladies all think that Lee will look hottest in something thongy and fluorescent yellow!

Kim
I break stuff
Duck, duck, duck, GUZ!
post #21 of 28 (permalink) Old 05-31-2005, 11:06 AM

Sportbike: I don't ride

Kim,
I saw you chasing down that Kawasaki in the rain! That was way cool! Speaking of Lee in a thong...... gross!
post #22 of 28 (permalink) Old 05-31-2005, 11:36 AM

Sportbike: R6, FE570, TZ250, CFR450
Years Riding: 33
How you found us: friend

Send a message via AIM to racingxtc7 Send a message via Yahoo to racingxtc7
Lee had to open his mouth. LOL.

CCS/USGPRU#976
<----Jeff
post #23 of 28 (permalink) Old 05-31-2005, 01:04 PM
Evil Moderatrix

LOL - If I wasn't so worried about which way some of those guys were gonna fall when they spin out/tuck the front end, I most likely would'a had wood in ULSS (or at the very least, single-digit finishes). It was soooo hard to be patient while guys were walking their bikes around the corners... and not getting too carried away catching up pack-to-pack! One guy (I forget who) managed to lose it about 10' in front of me, right after the bus stop.

Sunday was the most fun racing I think I've EVER had. Did I mention that already?

Anyone check the weather for CCS/Autobahn yet?

Kim
I break stuff
Duck, duck, duck, GUZ!
post #24 of 28 (permalink) Old 05-31-2005, 05:06 PM
BEER!

Quote:
Originally Posted by racingxtc7
Lee had to open his mouth. LOL.
Must..keep...quiet..this...weekend

NESBA/CCS #142
post #25 of 28 (permalink) Old 05-31-2005, 05:10 PM
Cuddlie as a koala

Quote:
Originally Posted by NickIF
relax. I wasn't justifying their actions, I was just telling whoever said they were "kids" or "Drunk" that they were wrong
I could had starteed tossing names out. Its easier to say "probably some racers who were drinking" than to come out with names. Honestly they should had been booted from teh premises for the rest of the weekend without any refunds. After what happened last year at CCS's RA event, I'm surprised Bill "race director" didnt kick them out on sunday.

For those that didnt hear about that RA incident. Fri or sat night a crew member of a racer went driving drunk on the track at night. Security chased him around the track. Sheriff nailed the guy with a DUI and the racer and the rest of the crew was then kicked out.

There is no excuse for racers to act this way at the track before, during or after the races. Rules also state the racer can be disqualified even for the conduct of his crew. Cant abide by simple rules with common sense, they dont even show. Cornerworkers have enough to keep an eye on on the track without having to watch people being idiots on pitbikes in the paddock. Yes you crash in teh paddock and are injured we still have to fill out a report on it.
post #26 of 28 (permalink) Old 05-31-2005, 05:55 PM
1,2,3,4,fif!

Sportbike: 95 Rocky Mountain Hardtail - 23.5lbs
Years Riding: Zero on a motorcycle
How you found us: BadWeatherBikes.com

Quote:
Good2Go - Is this the June 11/12 NESBA track day or the June 25/26 CSS race you're talking about? I see in your signature a CSS number...but just wanted to make sure.
post #27 of 28 (permalink) Old 05-31-2005, 06:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovebothkats
Also what relavancy does how fast he is, have to do with again ruining pit bike privilages for everyone? It's rude and incosiderate that's plain and simple. Sorry if that offends you because you know them, but they were warned and everyone knows how the track gets when after a warning the activity doesn't stop.

I didn't mean to start an argument about it. I wasn't there I just heard the story last night. I'm steppin' outta this thread now
post #28 of 28 (permalink) Old 05-31-2005, 06:45 PM
G2G

Quote:
Originally Posted by half-fastracing
Good2Go - Is this the June 11/12 NESBA track day or the June 25/26 CSS race you're talking about? I see in your signature a CSS number...but just wanted to make sure.

CCS race at the Autobahn in Joliet.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chicagoland Sportbikes forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode