Chicagoland Sportbike Forums banner

motorcycle trailer

965 views 19 replies 9 participants last post by  Champ91 
#1 ·
For those of you with trailers, what do you have?

I think I want an open trailer... needs to be able to haul two sportbikes.

#4 ·
Two bikes in a 6x12 Pace American enclosed trailer. It's always nerve-racking not being able to actually see if the bikes are standing or not, but at least if they do fall, they won't be down the road. It offers nice security, more hauling capacity as far as toolboxes etc..., and weather protection too

#10 · (Edited)
Super Dave said:
I use Pace American trailers. They do things a bit differently that makes them more durable.

Oh, and I work at a place where I sell them too, if I can help.

Dave whats the cheapest 6X12 single axle (or 7X14 single axle)with a side door ya got? In black of course.:D Looking for an enclosed one for spring.

BTw a 6' interior height is fine. I'm short.:D:D

#12 ·
double doors are fine. torsion or spring axle really doesnt matter, but torsion would be nice. Cant do tandem since it will tear up the yard when I back it into the back yard. I rent so cant piss the landlord off.:D

#13 ·
A Pace American Journey 6x12 is probably around $2100. It has spring axles, lighter skin, etc. Pace American Cargo Sport has radial tires, torsion axle, thicker skin, floor interior walls, etc. etc. Probably about $2700 or so. All with 32" side door, roof vent, interior dome light, and stone guard. If you can afford the Cargo Sport, I'd do it.

#16 ·
Colors don't really cost any extra, except on the Journey.

For each two feet, you can add or subtrack about $150.

Ramp doors are about $300 or so.

When you say vented, are you talking about on the sides or just the one on the top.

I'm betting you'll be in the $2800 range easy for a 6x10 like that.

#18 ·
Might cost a bit more for the side vents. I can't remember.

As for special pricing....

I just work there part time. There isn't any money in trailers. The prices are good, but I don't know exactly what they would be until I can see books etc.

If you can find used one's go for it, but look real close at the trailer and what a new one costs. I'm surprised what people will pay for used ones when they can get a new one for a few hundred dollars more with a warranty, not that they are really needed.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.