My next trackbike - Chicagoland Sportbikes
Chicagoland Sportbikes

Track Talk This forum is all about discussing riding and setup tips for different types of racetracks. As well as discussion about the local racing scene.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 14 (permalink) Old 09-22-2005, 07:37 AM Thread Starter
Let's boogie!

Sportbike: Proven Winner
Years Riding: Since you were on the teat..
How you found us: The Big Sur Merlot & Mescaline Tasting Tour

My next trackbike

Anyone read about this thing yet? I gotta have one. Anyone wanna buy a nice, low mileage Thruxton? No, seriously. Stupid Triumph. Just when I thought it was safe to go back into the dealership..
Attached Images
File Type: jpeg triumph-daytona675-06-bikepics-429708.jpeg (59.3 KB, 110 views)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 14 (permalink) Old 09-22-2005, 07:55 AM
bwa
Boom

Sportbike: None :(
Years Riding: not long enough
How you found us: Crazeinc

post #3 of 14 (permalink) Old 09-22-2005, 08:01 AM

Holy shit, I read about it and thought "that sounds like a good idea," but I hadn't seen it till now. That thing looks great!!! I'd never expect triumph to build a full fairging bike that looks that good. The trelis frame, swing arm, and sub frame look bad ass.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 14 (permalink) Old 09-22-2005, 09:20 AM
I break everything!

Sportbike: SV650S, ZX6R, GSXR600
Years Riding: Since 04/2003
How you found us: Google

I wonder what classes it can be raced in... Anyways, finally signed up for Autobahn this weekend so I'll cya there. I'm gonna try to pit in the same place as last time, nice to be right by the bathrooms.

Jon Gu
CCS AM/NESBA #276
post #5 of 14 (permalink) Old 09-22-2005, 09:24 AM
Ride Red, DO WORK SON!!

Sportbike: Rockets & Harleys
Years Riding: Me love you long time
How you found us: CLSB DECAL

Who's event is it at Autobahn this week end?

***Ashwin RIP Brotha you will be missed***

www.dcdecals.net www.firespeed.com

Life's Journey Is Not To Arrive At The Grave Safely In A Well Preserved Body, But Rather To Skid In Sideways, Totally Worn Out, Shouting "HOLY SHIT... What A Ride!"

All you have to do is follow three simple rules. One, never under estimate your opponent (mentality). Expect the unexpected (could work out in your favor). Two, take it outside(or to a table). Never start anything inside the Bar unless it's absolutely necessary. And three, be nice.

Turning Shit into Sugar!!
post #6 of 14 (permalink) Old 09-22-2005, 09:47 AM
I'm a blessed man

Sportbike: GSXR 1000
Years Riding: not long enough
How you found us: Sportbikes.net

Quote:
Originally Posted by smokinjohn
Who's event is it at Autobahn this week end?
NESBA, Sat, Sun and Mon

Ron Hix
MTD CR #975
post #7 of 14 (permalink) Old 09-22-2005, 09:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick 600 F3
Holy shit, I read about it and thought "that sounds like a good idea," but I hadn't seen it till now. That thing looks great!!! I'd never expect triumph to build a full fairging bike that looks that good. The trelis frame, swing arm, and sub frame look bad ass.
Technically not a trellis frame, but very good looking.

Bastards: "We're getting out of the supersport/hypersport market."

One year later: "Here's the ultimate Triumph sport bike: middleweight tripple, adjustable swing arm pivot, adjustable rear ride height, slipper clutch, 10cm wide where the seat meets the tank, built-in lap timer, ECO controlled exhaust and intake valves to shape the torque curve, needs a steering damper as stock." Wah-huh? A trumpet that needs a steering damper?!? I've spent two years getting the big 'Tona to the point where it needs a steering damper! I spent 900 bucks getting a shock with adjustable rear ride height! THey've been spying on me! It hits peak power at 12,200RPM, but redlines at 14000 - a Triumph tripple with overrev?!? I was going to wait untill next year and start looking for a crashed zx6r, then they announce this thing - and have you seen the graphite paint? Only 5% of them will be in that color! I feel like their marketing people were saying "Hey, there's this wierdo over in the states that insists on making his Daytona into a track bike. Let's really piss him off by building what he really wanted in the first place." This could be a real bitch-slap to my budget. I really didn't expect this bike to be this sharp-edged - I expected typical triumph - very nice street bike, not so great on track.

After all the times I warned people that Triumphs aren't the best track bikes, that it's a labor of love... Bastards had to go and put this thing into my head. The obsession is starting. Damnit!

'Course everything we've heard so far was from a sneak-preview given to one british magazine on a factory test bike ("95% production"), so we'll have to see what the rest of the world's journo's think when they get real production bikes.
post #8 of 14 (permalink) Old 09-22-2005, 06:23 PM Thread Starter
Let's boogie!

Quote:
Originally Posted by danch

After all the times I warned people that Triumphs aren't the best track bikes, that it's a labor of love... Bastards had to go and put this thing into my head. The obsession is starting. Damnit!
How about it. Well, compared to riding a Duc on the track, it's gotta be a walk in the park. Not quite as much character, but character doesn't make you go faster, does it? I'm putting my deposit down next week. What the hell, it's easier than spending additional thousands on the 996 this winter trying to get it down to a comparable weight... I'm still not selling any Ducs, tho. That way I can still ride them and then appreciate even more how much easier the 675 is to ride...
post #9 of 14 (permalink) Old 09-22-2005, 09:55 PM
Tell the police I'm busy

Sportbike: GSX-R 750
Years Riding: Lots
How you found us: NESBA

A beaut.

The last Triumph I owned was a 1965? 650 Tiger Trophy. Some sort of dual purpose bike. I think Steve McQueen rode this kind of Triumph in the dirt or something. Anyway, the muffler fell off, clutch linkage broke, couldn't see a thing at night because the electrics were 6V, poor drum brakes, and it was geared low so doing more than 60 over-revved the motor. Sold it as quick as I could realizing that there is a very good reason that history is in the past.

They evidently don't make them like the used to. Good thing too!

NESBA #95 A
post #10 of 14 (permalink) Old 09-22-2005, 09:57 PM
Super Moderator

Sportbike: bikeless
Years Riding: 10
How you found us: Shit, you know I'm a clsb OG!

Send a message via AIM to Vcook
Quote:
Originally Posted by Farmboy69
How about it. Well, compared to riding a Duc on the track, it's gotta be a walk in the park. Not quite as much character, but character doesn't make you go faster, does it? I'm putting my deposit down next week. What the hell, it's easier than spending additional thousands on the 996 this winter trying to get it down to a comparable weight... I'm still not selling any Ducs, tho. That way I can still ride them and then appreciate even more how much easier the 675 is to ride...
you're killing me!!

Chris
post #11 of 14 (permalink) Old 09-23-2005, 09:30 PM Thread Starter
Let's boogie!

Killing Vcook slowly..

Here's another blow for ya, Chris; I put my deposit down tonight. I was going to wait but they're already getting a ton of inquiries. As a matter of fact, another guy was giving up his deposit at the same time. I'm # 3 on the list, and I picked Tornado Red. WTF, you can't take it with you, although I think I will be buried propped up on the FE, preferably naked except for one of those stoopid hats that hold the 2 cans of beer so you can drink hands free. Should be a hell of a wake.
post #12 of 14 (permalink) Old 09-23-2005, 10:36 PM

I totally support your track bike selection, despite Vcook's apprehension.
Although you will be to the party before me, I hope they save me one
post #13 of 14 (permalink) Old 09-24-2005, 12:30 AM Thread Starter
Let's boogie!

a $500 deposit will guarantee it. Don't procrastinate, or you may have to wait 'til '07..
post #14 of 14 (permalink) Old 09-24-2005, 02:22 AM
Super Moderator

Sportbike: bikeless
Years Riding: 10
How you found us: Shit, you know I'm a clsb OG!

Send a message via AIM to Vcook
Quote:
Originally Posted by Farmboy69
....although I think I will be buried propped up on the FE, preferably naked except for one of those stoopid hats that hold the 2 cans of beer so you can drink hands free. Should be a hell of a wake.

as long as i get an invite.

Chris

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chicagoland Sportbikes forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode