Two months and... - Chicagoland Sportbikes
Chicagoland Sportbikes
 
Track Talk This forum is all about discussing riding and setup tips for different types of racetracks. As well as discussion about the local racing scene.

 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 24 (permalink) Old 02-07-2006, 02:22 PM Thread Starter
I break everything!
 
JonGu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Chicago, IL
Posts: 1,913
Location: Chicago, IL
Sportbike: SV650S, ZX6R, GSXR600
Years Riding: Since 04/2003
How you found us: Google
           
Two months and...

30lb to lose before I fit right into my spare suit and still have enough room for a spine protector. Goddamn I've plumped up this year

That being said, Putnam awaits! Can't freakin wait to get back to a track, I'm all antsy and just counting the days till my first track weekend. Yarr!

Jon Gu
CCS AM/NESBA #276
JonGu is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 24 (permalink) Old 02-07-2006, 02:56 PM
Registered User
 
Chunk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Chicago
Posts: 13,847
Location: Chicago
Sportbike: I don't ride
How you found us: google
           
You gonna race this year or what?
Chunk is offline  
post #3 of 24 (permalink) Old 02-07-2006, 02:59 PM Thread Starter
I break everything!
 
JonGu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Chicago, IL
Posts: 1,913
Location: Chicago, IL
Sportbike: SV650S, ZX6R, GSXR600
Years Riding: Since 04/2003
How you found us: Google
           
Yup, gonna go to the Learning Curves school in May to get my license and start in some CCS lightweight supersport races. Unless I wad it up bad in April, then I'm just gonna quit and sell my house and move to Alaska.

Jon Gu
CCS AM/NESBA #276
JonGu is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #4 of 24 (permalink) Old 02-07-2006, 03:16 PM
Registered User
 
Kruz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: West of 59, North of 88
Posts: 18,885
Location: West of 59, North of 88
Sportbike: 05 CRF50
Years Riding: "Since 1992"
How you found us: You found me
           
^ Man with a plan
Kruz is offline  
post #5 of 24 (permalink) Old 02-07-2006, 03:19 PM
Registered User
 
Chunk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Chicago
Posts: 13,847
Location: Chicago
Sportbike: I don't ride
How you found us: google
           
Alaska is quite beatiful you know.
Chunk is offline  
post #6 of 24 (permalink) Old 02-15-2006, 08:55 AM
Wannabe racer
 
lovebothkats's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: Sticks!
Posts: 2,360
Location: Sticks!
Sportbike: KTM, GasGas, Sherco
Years Riding: Lost too many brain cells to remember
How you found us: Duh!
           
The lightweight classes are a lot of fun, you'll have a blast, and there are plenty of us there with SV's so if you need anything just look one of us up.

Hey, Rev you ready because I swear I'm going to finish one race in front of you this season. It may have to be in the wet, and it may have to be with you getting a horrible start, but damnit it's gotta happen at least once.
lovebothkats is offline  
post #7 of 24 (permalink) Old 02-15-2006, 09:04 AM
" It Time To Ride "
 
Justmax's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Fairview hgts
Posts: 1,595
Location: Fairview hgts
Sportbike: Suzuki GSX-R750
Years Riding: 20+
How you found us: Long search for motorcycle clubs online
           
Send a message via MSN to Justmax
Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by vimkgt
Yup, gonna go to the Learning Curves school in May to get my license and start in some CCS lightweight supersport races. Unless I wad it up bad in April, then I'm just gonna quit and sell my house and move to Alaska.
I was think about attend that as well. When are you planning on going?

I also have beefed little to much DOwn 15 lbs and 30lbs to go

US MARINE CORP
"Semper Fi''

Justmax is offline  
post #8 of 24 (permalink) Old 02-15-2006, 10:34 AM Thread Starter
I break everything!
 
JonGu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Chicago, IL
Posts: 1,913
Location: Chicago, IL
Sportbike: SV650S, ZX6R, GSXR600
Years Riding: Since 04/2003
How you found us: Google
           
I was thinking the Learning Curves race licensing school on May 6 at Blackhawk and likely entering some of the Sunday May 7th races with CCS there too.

Jon Gu
CCS AM/NESBA #276
JonGu is offline  
post #9 of 24 (permalink) Old 02-15-2006, 11:13 AM
Registered User
 
Chunk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Chicago
Posts: 13,847
Location: Chicago
Sportbike: I don't ride
How you found us: google
           
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovebothkats
Hey, Rev you ready because I swear I'm going to finish one race in front of you this season. It may have to be in the wet, and it may have to be with you getting a horrible start, but damnit it's gotta happen at least once.
Dave Dave Dave... nothing I like more than a race long battle with a friend but I don't think it's going to happen as I got my starts down and I'm down to a lean and mean 185lbs from 233lbs. By the start of the season, I should be down to about 175lbs. 14's this year or I'm donating my bike to Steve Alexander and making a bunch more babies and retiring from racing to concentrate on counting my money. Oh... and it won't happen in the rain either as I am the rain masta!
Chunk is offline  
post #10 of 24 (permalink) Old 02-15-2006, 02:10 PM
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Posts: 1,416
           
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reverend Rice
I'm down to a lean and mean 185lbs from 233lbs. By the start of the season, I should be down to about 175lbs.
interesting.... i've gone from 165 to 190 during the offseason...
PaikyPoo is offline  
post #11 of 24 (permalink) Old 02-15-2006, 04:14 PM
Slow Old Guy.
 
Wink's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: SS Barrington
Posts: 17,258
Location: SS Barrington
Sportbike: Inline Two Wheeled
Years Riding: Since the beginning of time
How you found us: Dan Ortega sent me
           
Jon,

If you wanna work out... gimme a call. We live close enough together...

Good luck this year with CCS. As far as Putnam... watch out for turn 4 in the AM!! LOL!!

Brian

===========
Great Quote - One would think that the Secret Service was smart enough to get serviced secretly.

MotoVid hasbeen
NESBA hasbeen

CCS neverbeen
WERA neverbeen
Wink is offline  
post #12 of 24 (permalink) Old 02-16-2006, 08:06 PM
Wannabe racer
 
lovebothkats's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: Sticks!
Posts: 2,360
Location: Sticks!
Sportbike: KTM, GasGas, Sherco
Years Riding: Lost too many brain cells to remember
How you found us: Duh!
           
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reverend Rice
Dave Dave Dave... nothing I like more than a race long battle with a friend but I don't think it's going to happen as I got my starts down and I'm down to a lean and mean 185lbs from 233lbs. By the start of the season, I should be down to about 175lbs. 14's this year or I'm donating my bike to Steve Alexander and making a bunch more babies and retiring from racing to concentrate on counting my money. Oh... and it won't happen in the rain either as I am the rain masta!


Rev, you crack me up man. 14's??? Why ya gotta up da ante like dat huh? By the way I've been meaning to ask you, where's Biaggi going this year?

I tell you what if it does happen, somehow someway I do manage to finish in front of you, I want to drive that M man.
lovebothkats is offline  
post #13 of 24 (permalink) Old 02-16-2006, 08:54 PM
Registered User
 
JRSMAIL's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Johnsburg, Il
Posts: 9,428
Location: Johnsburg, Il
Sportbike: A weed wacker
Years Riding: Just started today as a matter of fact..
How you found us: A dream I had once
           
Send a message via MSN to JRSMAIL
love and Rev, aren't you the guy that cried of Biaggi last year at buffalo wild wings in Round lake last year?

Jon
MSF Instructor


<---- Useless

Always Stand For What You Believe In... Even If Means You Stand Alone...
JRSMAIL is offline  
post #14 of 24 (permalink) Old 02-16-2006, 09:25 PM
Registered User
 
Chunk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Chicago
Posts: 13,847
Location: Chicago
Sportbike: I don't ride
How you found us: google
           
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovebothkats


Rev, you crack me up man. 14's??? Why ya gotta up da ante like dat huh? By the way I've been meaning to ask you, where's Biaggi going this year?

I tell you what if it does happen, somehow someway I do manage to finish in front of you, I want to drive that M man.
Finally got rid of the M3. Found myself driving the Land cruiser more so instead of letting it sit at my parents house I got rid of it. Now I gotta find something to replace it.
Chunk is offline  
post #15 of 24 (permalink) Old 02-16-2006, 09:30 PM
Registered User
 
Chunk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Chicago
Posts: 13,847
Location: Chicago
Sportbike: I don't ride
How you found us: google
           
Quote:
Originally Posted by JRSMAIL
love and Rev, aren't you the guy that cried of Biaggi last year at buffalo wild wings in Round lake last year?
eh? never been to round lake bro...
Chunk is offline  
post #16 of 24 (permalink) Old 02-16-2006, 10:31 PM
with 2 n's
 
glenn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: wheeling, Il.
Posts: 931
Location: wheeling, Il.
Sportbike: 2000 SV650(street), 2009 TTR230(dirt)
Years Riding: not long enough
How you found us: member
           
Send a message via Yahoo to glenn
Cool

Rev, 185lbs from 233lbs! You back on crack?
glenn is offline  
post #17 of 24 (permalink) Old 02-16-2006, 11:24 PM
Wannabe racer
 
lovebothkats's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: Sticks!
Posts: 2,360
Location: Sticks!
Sportbike: KTM, GasGas, Sherco
Years Riding: Lost too many brain cells to remember
How you found us: Duh!
           
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reverend Rice
Finally got rid of the M3. Found myself driving the Land cruiser more so instead of letting it sit at my parents house I got rid of it. Now I gotta find something to replace it.
WHAT!!! You got rid of it before I even got to drive it? Man I'm speechless...
lovebothkats is offline  
post #18 of 24 (permalink) Old 02-16-2006, 11:43 PM
Old Squid on a Blade
 
Blade Runner's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: Carpentersville
Posts: 9,389
Location: Carpentersville
Sportbike: 2000 929
Years Riding: Longer than most of you have been alive. And I'm still slow.
How you found us: The voices in my head told me to come here
           
Good luck.

Hmmm, just by adding 1 hour of cardio every other day since 1/1 I'm down 7 lbs. I've probably added a couple pounds of muscle in the legs at the same time. It is amazing what a little work will do. I'm still a fat overweight slug. I'm still running at 14.something body fat.

I've got Supercamp coming and my first baseline stress test in May. Goals are good.

Dave; pick on me to get the 125 out with you this spring! I've got to get my dirt legs up to speed or sell the 125.

There is nothing firm, nothing balanced, nothing durable in all the universe. Nothing remains in its original state, each day, each hour, each moment, there is change. Change is the essence of life. Embrace change as you do life. To fight change is to live in the past.
Blade Runner is offline  
post #19 of 24 (permalink) Old 02-17-2006, 09:06 AM
Wannabe racer
 
lovebothkats's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: Sticks!
Posts: 2,360
Location: Sticks!
Sportbike: KTM, GasGas, Sherco
Years Riding: Lost too many brain cells to remember
How you found us: Duh!
           
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blade Runner
Good luck.

Hmmm, just by adding 1 hour of cardio every other day since 1/1 I'm down 7 lbs. I've probably added a couple pounds of muscle in the legs at the same time. It is amazing what a little work will do. I'm still a fat overweight slug. I'm still running at 14.something body fat.

I've got Supercamp coming and my first baseline stress test in May. Goals are good.

Dave; pick on me to get the 125 out with you this spring! I've got to get my dirt legs up to speed or sell the 125.
That's funny that you mentioned that I was just going to say something about how now that your weight is down, you should be in shape to ride dirt. You better start riding that YZ since you wouldn't sell it to me when I wanted it.

I'm actually going to start collecting all these bikes that aren't ever ridden and give them some use, your 125 and Steve's RS.
lovebothkats is offline  
post #20 of 24 (permalink) Old 02-17-2006, 09:43 AM
BEER!
 
Grover's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: Lindenhurst, IL
Posts: 5,970
Location: Lindenhurst, IL
Sportbike: '01 SV650S (Pokey!) '02 Honda CR125 (Blockhead)
Years Riding: 5
How you found us: SBN
           
Send a message via AIM to Grover
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovebothkats
I'm actually going to start collecting all these bikes that aren't ever ridden and give them some use, your 125 and Steve's RS.
I've got dibs on Steve's RS!!

Yeah, I need to add even more cardio I'm thinking. Right now I'm at about a 1/2 hour of running three days a week, with one of those days as sprints. I'll be bumping that to 40 minutes next week. Now that it's light until close to 6, I can actually run in the light, which picks up my speed.

If that doesn't work, I'll be ditching cookies (trying to cut them out already). I refuse to give up beer.

NESBA/CCS #142
AIM: GroverSV650S
Dirtbikes are not submarines
Grover is offline  
post #21 of 24 (permalink) Old 02-17-2006, 10:54 AM
Registered User
 
Chunk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Chicago
Posts: 13,847
Location: Chicago
Sportbike: I don't ride
How you found us: google
           
Quote:
Originally Posted by glenn
Rev, 185lbs from 233lbs! You back on crack?
no man crack is wack. I'd rather be dead than have no bread. What's the big deal about eatin oatmeal when all I feel is tired for real.
Chunk is offline  
post #22 of 24 (permalink) Old 02-17-2006, 10:57 AM
Registered User
 
Chunk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Chicago
Posts: 13,847
Location: Chicago
Sportbike: I don't ride
How you found us: google
           
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovebothkats
WHAT!!! You got rid of it before I even got to drive it? Man I'm speechless...
I'd let your wife drive it before you. You crash too much
Chunk is offline  
post #23 of 24 (permalink) Old 02-17-2006, 10:58 AM Thread Starter
I break everything!
 
JonGu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Chicago, IL
Posts: 1,913
Location: Chicago, IL
Sportbike: SV650S, ZX6R, GSXR600
Years Riding: Since 04/2003
How you found us: Google
           
I've dropped about 9lb since I started on 1/25 but for some reason haven't been dropping any weight at all in the last 3 or 4 days, but at least I haven't gained any back. Probably need to stop eating so much at lunch time unless I know for sure I'm workin out that day, damn co-workers always draggin me out for fatty foods...

Jon Gu
CCS AM/NESBA #276
JonGu is offline  
post #24 of 24 (permalink) Old 02-17-2006, 05:31 PM
Wannabe racer
 
lovebothkats's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: Sticks!
Posts: 2,360
Location: Sticks!
Sportbike: KTM, GasGas, Sherco
Years Riding: Lost too many brain cells to remember
How you found us: Duh!
           
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reverend Rice
I'd let your wife drive it before you. You crash too much
You cut me deep Rev, you cut me deep...
lovebothkats is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Chicagoland Sportbikes forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome