Father-Son CCS Southwest Racers Arrested In Arizona Motorcycle Theft Case - Chicagoland Sportbikes
Chicagoland Sportbikes
 
Track Talk This forum is all about discussing riding and setup tips for different types of racetracks. As well as discussion about the local racing scene.

 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 17 (permalink) Old 03-23-2006, 09:07 AM Thread Starter
Registered User
 
Grasshopper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: PF
Posts: 12,490
Location: PF
Sportbike: Slow
Years Riding: all of them
How you found us: a real person
           
Father-Son CCS Southwest Racers Arrested In Arizona Motorcycle Theft Case

I hate thieves! Especially motorcycle thieves!

http://www.roadracingworld.com/news/...?article=25300

"I pity the poor people who don't ride motorcycles"
-Malcolm Smith, champion motorcycle racer

Nick
STT Staff
Midwest Division
www.sportbiketracktime.com
Grasshopper is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 17 (permalink) Old 03-23-2006, 09:16 AM
Registered User
 
Slowass's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Rockford, IL
Posts: 2,872
Location: Rockford, IL
Sportbike: 2006 R6 Raven
Years Riding: 7 years
How you found us: ChicagoIlivewithmymomriders.com
           
If any of these were race bikes stolen from the track (didn't say), this could devastate and end many racer's seasons. Isn't it true that "insurance" on a race bike doesn't exist much?

Interesting thing to note: It's gotta be so easy to steal shit at the racetrack. I mean, everyone, including myself whether it be doing a track day or bringing my bike to a CCS event, puts their guard down. It's such an amicable environment there -- no one seems to worry about anyone gankin' their shit.

_____________________________________________
The CLSB Bitch Wrecking Crew

Book of my Fuh-Zayce

Gotta DANCE!
Slowass is offline  
post #3 of 17 (permalink) Old 03-23-2006, 09:18 AM
Social Events Goddess
 
Krys's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Glendale Heights, IL
Posts: 3,594
Location: Glendale Heights, IL
Sportbike: without currently
Years Riding: Long enough to know better, not long enough to stop
How you found us: member
           
People like this make me sick, for some people its hard enough to get the $$$ to race much less have to worry about completely replacing a stolen race bike and and everything they installed on it

Ask me ill tell you...........anything I wanna hear

myspace.com/troubleks81

David you are remembered
Krys is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #4 of 17 (permalink) Old 03-23-2006, 09:25 AM
BEER!
 
Grover's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: Lindenhurst, IL
Posts: 5,970
Location: Lindenhurst, IL
Sportbike: '01 SV650S (Pokey!) '02 Honda CR125 (Blockhead)
Years Riding: 5
How you found us: SBN
           
Send a message via AIM to Grover
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slowass
If any of these were race bikes stolen from the track (didn't say), this could devastate and end many racer's seasons. Isn't it true that "insurance" on a race bike doesn't exist much?

Interesting thing to note: It's gotta be so easy to steal shit at the racetrack. I mean, everyone, including myself whether it be doing a track day or bringing my bike to a CCS event, puts their guard down. It's such an amicable environment there -- no one seems to worry about anyone gankin' their shit.
Yeah, there is insurance AVAILABLE on race bikes, but most of us don't use it. Stealing a BIKE might be tough because of the noise you tend to make while doing it. Also, the guard shack notices who leaves/enters in the night. But if your pit is in the dark WAY out there, somebody could sneak up, steal your tools, spares, anything you've got out and go out the gate.

Part of the reason Dave/Kevin/me/Vick tend to pit together, close to lights is for security. It'd be gutsy to try and steal when there are 5 other pit crews around..they'd opt to try somebody else.

NESBA/CCS #142
AIM: GroverSV650S
Dirtbikes are not submarines
Grover is offline  
post #5 of 17 (permalink) Old 03-23-2006, 09:36 AM
YO MAMA
 
Odysseys's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: balls deep in someones mom
Posts: 60,261
Location: balls deep in someones mom
Sportbike: 2010 Electra Glide Police Edition 103cu
Years Riding: a long time!
           
how can you guys be so cold he was trying to fund his racing.



Odysseys is offline  
post #6 of 17 (permalink) Old 03-23-2006, 09:43 AM Thread Starter
Registered User
 
Grasshopper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: PF
Posts: 12,490
Location: PF
Sportbike: Slow
Years Riding: all of them
How you found us: a real person
           
At BHF, especially how late people stay up it would be pretty bold for someone to take a bike or anything for that matter.

However, at other tracks, as we travel around the United states and midwest, I will be keeping my tools, parts, bikes and beer pretty close by.

You can defer people like this by the way you set up your pit too. And I think the dog would bark and wake us up anyway.

I would seriously bash someone rite over the back of the head with my Biggest crescent wrench if I caught a fucker trying to take anything of mine or a friends at the track.

It's track and racer ediquette anyway to watch for any shady looking characters.

However. Last year someone, who will remain unnamed, took Ed Keys Pit bike and hung it from the tower! LOL!!!!!

"I pity the poor people who don't ride motorcycles"
-Malcolm Smith, champion motorcycle racer

Nick
STT Staff
Midwest Division
www.sportbiketracktime.com
Grasshopper is offline  
post #7 of 17 (permalink) Old 03-23-2006, 09:57 AM
Registered User
 
Chunk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Chicago
Posts: 13,848
Location: Chicago
Sportbike: I don't ride
How you found us: google
           
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grasshopper
It's track and racer ediquette anyway to watch for any shady looking characters.
dude....not sure if you know this but.... YOU are the shady character we all watch out for bro..
Chunk is offline  
post #8 of 17 (permalink) Old 03-23-2006, 09:59 AM Thread Starter
Registered User
 
Grasshopper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: PF
Posts: 12,490
Location: PF
Sportbike: Slow
Years Riding: all of them
How you found us: a real person
           
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reverend Rice
dude....not sure if you know this but.... YOU are the shady character we all watch out for bro..
You bastard!!!

Yea, I'm the guy that comes over and will drink half your cooler of beer if you're not paying too much attention!

"I pity the poor people who don't ride motorcycles"
-Malcolm Smith, champion motorcycle racer

Nick
STT Staff
Midwest Division
www.sportbiketracktime.com
Grasshopper is offline  
post #9 of 17 (permalink) Old 03-23-2006, 10:08 AM
Registered User
 
Chunk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Chicago
Posts: 13,848
Location: Chicago
Sportbike: I don't ride
How you found us: google
           
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grasshopper
You bastard!!!

Yea, I'm the guy that comes over and will drink half your cooler of beer if you're not paying too much attention!
I luh you man
Chunk is offline  
post #10 of 17 (permalink) Old 03-23-2006, 10:10 AM
Registered User
 
Slowass's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Rockford, IL
Posts: 2,872
Location: Rockford, IL
Sportbike: 2006 R6 Raven
Years Riding: 7 years
How you found us: ChicagoIlivewithmymomriders.com
           

_____________________________________________
The CLSB Bitch Wrecking Crew

Book of my Fuh-Zayce

Gotta DANCE!
Slowass is offline  
post #11 of 17 (permalink) Old 03-23-2006, 10:14 AM
BEER!
 
Grover's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: Lindenhurst, IL
Posts: 5,970
Location: Lindenhurst, IL
Sportbike: '01 SV650S (Pokey!) '02 Honda CR125 (Blockhead)
Years Riding: 5
How you found us: SBN
           
Send a message via AIM to Grover
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grasshopper
You bastard!!!

Yea, I'm the guy that comes over and will drink half your cooler of beer if you're not paying too much attention!
You drink more than half the cooler Nick! Oh wait..that's me..with vodka


NESBA/CCS #142
AIM: GroverSV650S
Dirtbikes are not submarines
Grover is offline  
post #12 of 17 (permalink) Old 03-23-2006, 10:37 AM
Registered User
 
Slowass's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Rockford, IL
Posts: 2,872
Location: Rockford, IL
Sportbike: 2006 R6 Raven
Years Riding: 7 years
How you found us: ChicagoIlivewithmymomriders.com
           
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grover
You drink more than half the cooler Nick! Oh wait..that's me..with vodka

The only reason nobody ganks your shit is because you drink PB freakin' R!


What's the matter? No good at remembering lock combinations or where you put keys?

_____________________________________________
The CLSB Bitch Wrecking Crew

Book of my Fuh-Zayce

Gotta DANCE!
Slowass is offline  
post #13 of 17 (permalink) Old 03-23-2006, 10:59 AM
BEER!
 
Grover's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: Lindenhurst, IL
Posts: 5,970
Location: Lindenhurst, IL
Sportbike: '01 SV650S (Pokey!) '02 Honda CR125 (Blockhead)
Years Riding: 5
How you found us: SBN
           
Send a message via AIM to Grover
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slowass
The only reason nobody ganks your shit is because you drink PB freakin' R!


What's the matter? No good at remembering lock combinations or where you put keys?
Well, if I drank the thick as mud beer you'd be stealing it.

And sometimes I go all out and get Miller Lite PBR is my cheap beer of choice. I need to convince the liquor store down the street to stock it. High Life Light gives me a headache.

NESBA/CCS #142
AIM: GroverSV650S
Dirtbikes are not submarines
Grover is offline  
post #14 of 17 (permalink) Old 03-23-2006, 11:12 AM
Registered User
 
Chunk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Chicago
Posts: 13,848
Location: Chicago
Sportbike: I don't ride
How you found us: google
           
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slowass
The only reason nobody ganks your shit is because you drink PB freakin' R!

She said "Ganks"


Female: We're sitting here with Eazy E]
Believe that
[Female: How are you doing ?]
Allright
[Female: So Eazy tell me how was your life as a youngster ?]
Verse One: Eazy E
Ruthless my style as a juvenile
Ran with a gang slanged in the meanwhile
Bankin I specialized in gankin
whites Mexicans brothers and others
Daily it's all about comin up
Makin sure no punks are runnin up
[Eazy E: Because I'm a gangster havin fun]
Strapped with a gat when I'm walkin through Compton
Terrible, I never listened to my mother
It went in one ear, and out the other
Ran my gang, sold undercover
Call a girl out a name, yo I ain't no lover
I'm a pimp, mack daddy, lookin for the dollar
At thirteen I bought a six-fo' Impala
Rollin, and runnin from the police
Brother don't you know you can't trust a thief
or thug, convict, hoodlum or criminal
Leave your car open, gank for your stereo
Hard and raw, no regard for the law
[Female: Eazy E, were you ever caught slipping?]
Hell no! Just trippin off 8-ball
And girls ain't nothin but female dogs to me
Bitches! I'm sorry for that verse
It's in my nature, I gotta curse
out anybody gettin on my nerves
You get beat, ganked, broke and served
So... you know who I am
and if you don't like it, I really don't give a damn
[Female: Hmm, I see, so you're rather violent?]
Sometimes
[Female: Ok, what would be the situation when you so-called "gank"
somebody?]
Verse Two: Eazy-E
Wait... for some people to leave
I got another trick up my sleeve
Step with pep to the back of the house
Look then... all the lights are out
Grabbed the door and it's locked, so
easily made my way to the window
Lift it up slow, cause it takes timing
Looked around, and then I climbed in
Once inside, I start takin
Cause you know it's no time for shakin
Get what you gonna get, front and center
or get five years for breakin and enter
Move quickly, but no runnin
Shht, I think somebody's comin
Hear the front door key, and I flee
out the back door with a fist full of jewelry
Over the wall... don't fall
Wipe my sweat cause that was a close call
Gettin ganked by the E is a lesson
So... is there any more questions?
[Female: Yes, as a matter of fact, there is...
Have you ever been involved in, like, a armed robbery or a hold-up?]
You mean a 211?
[Female: Yeah]
Verse Three: Eazy-E
There's a store, but don't point
Walk inside, case the joint
One man behind the counter, another in the back
Go out to the car and load the gat
Grabbed the ski mask, here's the task
Go in broke, come out with cash
[Female: Were you slick?]
Yeah, you gotta be cunnin
Told Ice Cube to leave the car runnin
Walked in, said: "This is a robbery"
Didn't need the money, it's just a hobby
Fill the bag, homeboy, don't lag
I want money, beer, and a pack of zig-zags
The man in the back had a camera
so he came out to test his stamina
against Eazy E, but he took one
Fell to the floor, so I ran
back to the bucket, then I said: "Punch it"
Took the gun, and then dumped it
I'm not like Robin Hood, cause I want more
Steal from the rich, hang with the poor
My pockets are fat, you see, it don't matter to me
I feel like nobody is badder than me
[Female: Is all that true ?]
I don't lie
You see... I'm not mister nice guy
[Female: Oh, so you're not exactly a role model?]
Not exactly
[Female: And for your listeners, what does Eazy think of himself?]
Outro: Eazy-E
Bad and bold, you can't get with this
Those that tried, you're on my hit list
Can't be caught, sought or fought
thought, and damn so what?
Down and dirty from the C-P-T
N-W-A and Eazy-E
One more, before we end this session
[Female: What's your real name?]
No more questions
Chunk is offline  
post #15 of 17 (permalink) Old 03-23-2006, 11:39 AM
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Posts: 201
           
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slowass
If any of these were race bikes stolen from the track (didn't say), this could devastate and end many racer's seasons. Isn't it true that "insurance" on a race bike doesn't exist much?

Interesting thing to note: It's gotta be so easy to steal shit at the racetrack. I mean, everyone, including myself whether it be doing a track day or bringing my bike to a CCS event, puts their guard down. It's such an amicable environment there -- no one seems to worry about anyone gankin' their shit.
They were stealing newer model street bikes and re-selling them or parting them out on ebay. They were under surveillance for as much as 9 months and got caught with at least 25 stolen bikes in their possession.

I won't say more because I'd like to think "innocent until proven guilty", but after watching these guys up close and at the track for a few years I can say none of this surprises me at all. The fallout will be that the local police will be all over the CCS races at Firebird this weekend checking VINs and titles.

I'd guess your race bike is much safer at the track than parked somewhere on the street - because the beating the track thief would get would be much more severe.
racesbikes is offline  
post #16 of 17 (permalink) Old 03-23-2006, 11:49 AM
Registered User
 
Slowass's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Rockford, IL
Posts: 2,872
Location: Rockford, IL
Sportbike: 2006 R6 Raven
Years Riding: 7 years
How you found us: ChicagoIlivewithmymomriders.com
           
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reverend Rice
She said "Ganks"


Female: We're sitting here with Eazy E]
Believe that
[Female: How are you doing ?]
Allright
[Female: So Eazy tell me how was your life as a youngster ?]
Verse One: Eazy E
Ruthless my style as a juvenile
Ran with a gang slanged in the meanwhile
Bankin I specialized in gankin
whites Mexicans brothers and others
Daily it's all about comin up
Makin sure no punks are runnin up
[Eazy E: Because I'm a gangster havin fun]
Strapped with a gat when I'm walkin through Compton
Terrible, I never listened to my mother
It went in one ear, and out the other
Ran my gang, sold undercover
Call a girl out a name, yo I ain't no lover
I'm a pimp, mack daddy, lookin for the dollar
At thirteen I bought a six-fo' Impala
Rollin, and runnin from the police
Brother don't you know you can't trust a thief
or thug, convict, hoodlum or criminal
Leave your car open, gank for your stereo
Hard and raw, no regard for the law
[Female: Eazy E, were you ever caught slipping?]
Hell no! Just trippin off 8-ball
And girls ain't nothin but female dogs to me
Bitches! I'm sorry for that verse
It's in my nature, I gotta curse
out anybody gettin on my nerves
You get beat, ganked, broke and served
So... you know who I am
and if you don't like it, I really don't give a damn
[Female: Hmm, I see, so you're rather violent?]
Sometimes
[Female: Ok, what would be the situation when you so-called "gank"
somebody?]
Verse Two: Eazy-E
Wait... for some people to leave
I got another trick up my sleeve
Step with pep to the back of the house
Look then... all the lights are out
Grabbed the door and it's locked, so
easily made my way to the window
Lift it up slow, cause it takes timing
Looked around, and then I climbed in
Once inside, I start takin
Cause you know it's no time for shakin
Get what you gonna get, front and center
or get five years for breakin and enter
I wrote dat shit yo...I'm from the C-P-T (Caucasion Preppie Town). Why you gankin' my rhymes?

_____________________________________________
The CLSB Bitch Wrecking Crew

Book of my Fuh-Zayce

Gotta DANCE!
Slowass is offline  
post #17 of 17 (permalink) Old 03-23-2006, 11:56 AM
Bop your way home...
 
Dr. D's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: on the move in Texas
Posts: 5,622
Location: on the move in Texas
Sportbike: Hypermotard
Years Riding: since 99'
How you found us: Googled "bullshit artists"
           
I remember last year some Nesba people got some tools stolen from Autobahn overnight. I remember Garth saying something in the rider's meeting to the effect that we were close to Chicago so it was likely to happen. I couldn't help but think to myself, "close to Chicago?!?...we're right in the middle of fuckin' Joliet, even worse." Anyway, I try not to get super paranoid with my shit at a trackday. I hide the wallet, put the tools away and hope there are no dirt bags around. Nobody's gonna question you if your walking around with a pitbull stand, a set of tires or toolbox at a racetrack.

-Alan-
Balancing the Paradox
of Art and Profit
Dr. D is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Chicagoland Sportbikes forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome