Originally Posted by modidy
I am pretty new to this board, and virgin to track days. I want to get into it, not racing, just some track days to have some fun. Any advice you guys and gals want to give is well appreciated. I only plan on doing 3-5 a year if possible and keeping it local. I am in Michigan. I don't want to travel too far or frequently and piss off the wife
. She is not happy with the whole idea, but I am trying to convince her that it is safer than the streets
I just bought the track bike, and I traded in my R1 for the Busa.. put a few mods since it will be strictley for cruising and bike night posing
Nice bikes. Let me repeat the infamous words... welcome to the addiction.
1. Budget yourself, or get ready to go into debt.
2. Buy Keith Codes "Twist of the Wrist" and "Twist of the Wrist II", and read them over and over until they make sense.
3. If that's your trailer then you're set on getting to the track.
4. +1 on NESBA, but STT definitely has you covered. Only problem with STT is they run rain or shine. NESBA will give you credit if they get rained out.
5. Knock some of that rust off those brakes, and while you're at it, replace the fluid, and check your pads.
6. Are those tires as rusty as the brakes? If they are I wouldn't trust them.
7. When you get to the track, don't ride beyond your confort zone.
8. Don't ride beyond your comfort zone.
9. Don't ride beyond your comfort zone.