CCC still the best place to find a suit? - Chicagoland Sportbikes
Chicagoland Sportbikes

Track Talk This forum is all about discussing riding and setup tips for different types of racetracks. As well as discussion about the local racing scene.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 15 (permalink) Old 04-10-2006, 11:37 AM Thread Starter

CCC still the best place to find a suit?

Got my first day coming up on April 29th, so long as I can get a suit. With my sizing, I was supposed to have one made for me last year but that fell through twice, so I ditched the shop that was gonna do it for me. Had a GPX suit from Joe Rocket which would have been perfect...if only they hadn't discontinued it in my size for that year with next years still not released. So I'm hunting again, and would like it before my first day...don't wanna do armored nylon if I can help it.

I'll add that to try suits on, CCC had the biggest selection. Unless someone else has come along recently who I can go to, to get a suit in the next 2.5 weeks. I'd like to keep it under $800 if I'm going somewhere to have a custom 2 piece...otherwise $500ish is the ideal (if I recall my prices) for something like Joe Rocket.

Last edited by BIGGY; 04-10-2006 at 11:43 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 15 (permalink) Old 04-10-2006, 11:50 AM
BEER!

Sportbike: '01 SV650S (Pokey!) '02 Honda CR125 (Blockhead)
Years Riding: 5
How you found us: SBN

Send a message via AIM to Grover
NJK quoted me 3 weeks for lead time on a suit, but you need to be wearing whatever back protector, etc that you plan on using the suit in. Price-wise I can't comment, I don't think he can go that low unless it's very simple. If you get measurements to him immediately he might be able to get it that soon.

He talks you through the measurements. A back protector 'can' add 'as much as' 6 inches to some measurements. He has a unique measuring system that he swears by. With somebody your size, I'd suggest sticking to it, any spare person can take them.

All this reminds me that i have to call him about my back protector.

NESBA/CCS #142
AIM: GroverSV650S
Dirtbikes are not submarines
post #3 of 15 (permalink) Old 04-10-2006, 11:54 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grover
NJK quoted me 3 weeks for lead time on a suit, but you need to be wearing whatever back protector, etc that you plan on using the suit in. Price-wise I can't comment, I don't think he can go that low unless it's very simple. If you get measurements to him immediately he might be able to get it that soon.

He talks you through the measurements. A back protector 'can' add 'as much as' 6 inches to some measurements. He has a unique measuring system that he swears by. With somebody your size, I'd suggest sticking to it, any spare person can take them.

All this reminds me that i have to call him about my back protector.
Got a #?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 15 (permalink) Old 04-10-2006, 12:31 PM
BEER!

From an email..

I am here from 7-5 M-F.

Kelcey Gordon
Owner, NJK Leathers
1040 Calle Cordillera, suite 101
San Clemente, CA 92673
www.njkleathers.com
(949) 481-3005

NESBA/CCS #142
post #5 of 15 (permalink) Old 04-10-2006, 01:53 PM Thread Starter

Damn...$1250. Bit pricey for me I think. Off to CCC to see what they can do for me!
post #6 of 15 (permalink) Old 04-10-2006, 02:01 PM
BEER!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BIGGY
Damn...$1250. Bit pricey for me I think. Off to CCC to see what they can do for me!
I didn't ask him even for a ballpark figure. Mine probably won't be cheap either. I'm also ordering a back protector from him. I'm figuring close to $1400 for the suit alone, then the back protector. He will sell back protectors for his cost if you buy a suit from him. Syeds are less expensive, but take more time to get and I still have to do the 'design' work. With him, all I have to do is call him with my size and color ideas..he takes care of the rest.

-Chris

NESBA/CCS #142
post #7 of 15 (permalink) Old 04-10-2006, 04:15 PM
Gixxer Rider

Sportbike: K6 & K9 GSXR1000s
Years Riding: 12th season

Quote:
I'll add that to try suits on, CCC had the biggest selection. Unless someone else has come along recently who I can go to, to get a suit in the next 2.5 weeks. I'd like to keep it under $800 if I'm going somewhere to have a custom 2 piece...otherwise $500ish is the ideal (if I recall my prices) for something like Joe Rocket.
They have black Joe Rocket GPX and Alpinestars Stage suits at kneedraggers.com.

What size are you looking for? They have the larger chest sizes available.

Track Junkie #79
post #8 of 15 (permalink) Old 04-10-2006, 06:54 PM

I would find out what size you need, and then go online to buy (ebay etc..)
post #9 of 15 (permalink) Old 04-10-2006, 06:57 PM
Fear is the mind killer

Sportbike: 05 GSXR 600, 03 RM 250
Years Riding: Thousands of miles, multiple engines
How you found us: www.gsxr.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian
I would find out what size you need, and then go online to buy (ebay etc..)
I think he is a little afraid to do this because he is not the normal person's size. He doesn't want to look like skin on a hotdog and be stuck with it from buying online .

Xbox Live GOW Killer
Handle : ChiefBDR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kegger View Post
"Ride it like you have 30 monthly remaining payments" should keep most people out of trouble.
post #10 of 15 (permalink) Old 04-10-2006, 08:12 PM
VTwin FTW!

Sportbike: 2013 Ducati Diavel Cromo
Years Riding: 20
How you found us: Friend

Try newenough.com. Tell them to send you a couple different size suits, pick the one that fits, then send the other one back. They are very easy to deal with.

Mike

"Life is all about ass ... either you are covering it, kicking it, kissing it, sitting on it or trying to get it."
post #11 of 15 (permalink) Old 04-10-2006, 11:53 PM Thread Starter

Well here's what I found. With kick ass help from Fully at CCC I found that I fit none of the suits. The Technic suit (size 50) pants fit perfectly, but the jacket is tiny and the Joe Rocket suit (also 50) jacket is normal, but the pants don't fit my thighs. So in deciding to go with Joe Rocket (I've heard their leather is a bit better) I'm going with a 50 jacket and 42 pants. This difference in size should still allow me to zip in (both are Speedmaster). Bummer is that I have no idea what size the pants are in the size 50 suit. The pants simply say 50, but that's because they come together I guess. Maybe I'll call Joe Rocket or Newenough to see if they can tell me what size the pants are that come in a 50 suit.
post #12 of 15 (permalink) Old 04-11-2006, 06:12 AM
Your friendly Crazy Canuk

Sportbike: Ducati ST3 2005 Gloss Black, Monster 620, 2007 Sport Classic 1000
Years Riding: Crashing sucessfully since 1969
How you found us: Thru favorednation (ron)

Send a message via AIM to RickC1957 Send a message via Yahoo to RickC1957
Have you forgotten how big Mike is? He has a snowballs chance in hell finding something off the rack, that will fit him comfortably, it's a custom job, for sure.

Sometimes goodbye is your second chance.
post #13 of 15 (permalink) Old 04-11-2006, 08:19 AM

I have a size 56eur/46us suit. I sized up to allow enough room for my back protector. Depending on the brand I typically wear a 52/54eur.

Are you getting those numbers mixed up or something? I cannot see you fitting into size 42 pants (32 waist)

Joe Rocket Suit Sizing Chart

Size Chest Waist Sleeve Inseam App. Hieight App. Weight
40 38-40 30-32 31 26 5'2"-5'9" 125-130
42 42-43 32-33 32 27 5'4"-5'11" 130-145
44 44-45 34 33 29 5'6"-6'0" 145-160
46 46-47 36-37 34 30 5'8"-6'1" 160-175
48 48-50 38-40 35 31 5'10"-6'2" 175-190
post #14 of 15 (permalink) Old 04-11-2006, 08:32 AM Thread Starter

42 is their largest pants size though...if it's bigger than whatever the pants are that come with the suit then I should be fine. Question is what the size is of the pants with the suit.

Oh and I'm talking US sizes. Now, Technic pants fit me pretty well from their suit, but the jacet was too small and I need a 52us with Technic. So if the pants are the same size and I already tried on their largest ones...then perhaps I'll go with technic. The waist is fine, it's the legs that were hella tight.
post #15 of 15 (permalink) Old 04-11-2006, 08:45 AM
Fear is the mind killer

Sportbike: 05 GSXR 600, 03 RM 250
Years Riding: Thousands of miles, multiple engines
How you found us: www.gsxr.com

Quote:
42 is their largest pants size though...if it's bigger than whatever the pants are that come with the suit then I should be fine. Question is what the size is of the pants with the suit.

Oh and I'm talking US sizes. Now, Technic pants fit me pretty well from their suit, but the jacet was too small and I need a 52us with Technic. So if the pants are the same size and I already tried on their largest ones...then perhaps I'll go with technic. The waist is fine, it's the legs that were hella tight.
I feel your pain man, I have the same problem with motorcycle clothing, my thighs and calves make sizing for boots and pants hard

Xbox Live GOW Killer
Handle : ChiefBDR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kegger View Post
"Ride it like you have 30 monthly remaining payments" should keep most people out of trouble.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chicagoland Sportbikes forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode