OK you SBTT guys, how does it work - Chicagoland Sportbikes
Chicagoland Sportbikes

Track Talk This forum is all about discussing riding and setup tips for different types of racetracks. As well as discussion about the local racing scene.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 05-10-2006, 08:01 PM Thread Starter

OK you SBTT guys, how does it work

I'm thinking about signing up for a couple events with SportbikeTrackTime. Do they limit group size like NESBA? With the fact that they have no rain insurance I'm trying to figure how to increase my chances of not getting rained out. If I just show up at the track will I be guaranteed a spot? Also, do they charge more if you don't sign up in advance. They don't let you cancel for credit do they? Thanks.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 05-10-2006, 08:08 PM
I break everything!

Sportbike: SV650S, ZX6R, GSXR600
Years Riding: Since 04/2003
How you found us: Google

-Group sizes are limited, basically the same as NESBA, and their Novice group is limited in size even further than NESBA's
-If you show up, you can buy a spot on the track IF it is not already sold out.
-There is a $20 late fee if you sign up less than 7 days before the event or at the track I think
-No canceling for credit, you have to sell your spot to someone.
-If it is rained out, they will still ride. Swap on those rain tires!

Jon Gu
CCS AM/NESBA #276
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 05-10-2006, 08:49 PM Thread Starter

[depressing sigh]

Well, thanks anyway...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 05-10-2006, 09:00 PM
Slow Old Guy.

Sportbike: Inline Two Wheeled
Years Riding: Since the beginning of time
How you found us: Dan Ortega sent me

Can you say NESBA?

===========
Great Quote - One would think that the Secret Service was smart enough to get serviced secretly.

MotoVid hasbeen
NESBA hasbeen

CCS neverbeen
WERA neverbeen
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 05-10-2006, 10:06 PM

Much more relaxed atmosphere is the one thing I feel. I'm going May 20th with STT and there's 15 bikes per group with 3 groups riding. Don't think you'll find that with Nesba. Also, Nesba seemed a bit more competetive to me.
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 05-11-2006, 06:39 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wink
Can you say NESBA?
NESBA is great... but I'd like to do Mid-Ohio. I'd also like to do Grattan again.
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 05-11-2006, 06:41 AM
G2G

Well if you want to do Mif Ohio for free do a search for Mid ohio on the www.wera.com board. STT is having a free trackday if you have had some tracktime before. It is actually 2 day for free.
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 05-11-2006, 08:45 AM

Sportbike: Slow
Years Riding: all of them
How you found us: a real person

STT is doing Mid-Ohio July 3rd and 4th and doing Grattan May 20th and 21st.

Rain happens, we live in the midwest. Rain Insurance? I think STT was talking about implementing something like that for a fee. Rain tires cost 300 bucks and last a LONG LONG time. I have had mine for almost 3 years and I used them a couple weeks ago at Autobahn with no hassle or traction issues. Riding in the rain is good experience with full rain tires and is quite fun. You will be pleasently surprised how much traction you get.

What happens if it rains at a CCS or WERA event? You don't get rain insurance for races.

I'm almost positive though if the track is decided to be not rideable, like if there is too much standing water on it they will call the event day a wash and give you a credit to come back another day. The track day org will not have to pay for the track if it is decided to be not rideable. If the track is rideable the track day org has to pay for the track anyway.

"I pity the poor people who don't ride motorcycles"
-Malcolm Smith, champion motorcycle racer

Nick
STT Staff
Midwest Division
www.sportbiketracktime.com
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 05-11-2006, 02:34 PM

Dont forget the clap if you ride with STT.
post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 05-11-2006, 09:23 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Good2Go
Well if you want to do Mif Ohio for free do a search for Mid ohio on the www.wera.com board. STT is having a free trackday if you have had some tracktime before. It is actually 2 day for free.
Thanks for the heads up, I'll check it out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grasshopper
... Rain tires cost 300 bucks and last a LONG LONG time. I have had mine for almost 3 years and I used them a couple weeks ago at Autobahn with no hassle or traction issues. Riding in the rain is good experience with full rain tires and is quite fun. You will be pleasently surprised how much traction you get.

I'm almost positive though if the track is decided to be not rideable, like if there is too much standing water on it they will call the event day a wash and give you a credit to come back another day. The track day org will not have to pay for the track if it is decided to be not rideable. If the track is rideable the track day org has to pay for the track anyway.
I'd like to give rain tires a try, but they're not in the budget. Not to mention the cost of swapping them back and fourth, or a second set of wheels... also not in the budget.

At this point I'm thinking watch the 10 day forecast, and sign up 8 days before the event if everything looks good.

Thanks again.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chicagoland Sportbikes forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode