Discussion on Results of WSBK Race 2 @ Brands Hatch - Chicagoland Sportbikes
Chicagoland Sportbikes

Track Talk This forum is all about discussing riding and setup tips for different types of racetracks. As well as discussion about the local racing scene.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 08-10-2006, 10:26 AM Thread Starter
You got the talkin' done

Sportbike: 2016 Honda Africa Twin & 1979 Honda CB750F
Years Riding: long enough to have fallen off a few times - glad I wear a helmet!
How you found us: Loose Lips Sink Ships, Loose Wires Cause Fires

Discussion on Results of WSBK Race 2 @ Brands Hatch

I just have to post about the recent WSBK round at Brands Hatch. I watched race 2 finally last night and it was AWESOME.

Nori-chan was absolutely fierce on the R1. He is a master at Brands and it showed. He finished 3rd to Bayliss in race 1. Despite Haga's holeshot, Troy dominated race 1, but Haga was absolutely giving him fits and not giving up an inch in race 2. Haga is amazing the way he can hang on within inches of another rider with both racing at the limit.

Bayliss could not make a break at all and looked back more then once only to see Haga all over him. Troy is certainly best described as a mild-manered maniac, but having Haga clinging on to you must certainly be like having a the grim reaper shadowing you. He was stalking him like a nightmare. Troy knows that getting into a drag down fight with Haga is a daunting task as Haga will, without a doubt, take it all the way to the limit and beyond.

This has been one of the most exciting races I have watched this year and reminded me of Imola 2002 and Bayliss and Edwards battling tooth and nail for the title in the final race of the year. AND that's what I love about Troy Bayliss. That guy will go at it 100% no matter what. He has well over a 70 point lead in the title chase and he could have easily cruised to 2nd and collected the points. And no one could have blamed him. But that's not his style. He wants to win and win and win.

Haga was awesome to watch. Loosing the front on lap 9, almost high-siding on lap 14 another lurid slide on lap whatever and then the pass on Bayliss on lap 21.

And I can't go without mentioning Andrew Pitt or Pitty as Troy likes to call him. I have heard some very negative things about this guy, but he came through 2 former world champs (including the defending champ) to take 3rd and make it a 1-3 podium for Yamaha. And there you have it. No less then 3 former world champions in the top 5 spots. And it was very funny to see Troy Corser playfully punching Pitt in the arm on the cool down lap certainly kidding him about the move Pitt put on Corser to take over 4th spot. Toseland made a mistake and gave him third, but that the name of the game.

So this week I was nicely reminded again why Bayliss and Haga are truly racing heros to me.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 1a.jpg (107.4 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg 41a.jpg (111.0 KB, 0 views)

If you ain't with us, then it's just bad news.

Last edited by jrock; 08-10-2006 at 10:32 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 08-10-2006, 10:31 AM
Bug
Ridiculously Good Looking

Sportbike: Sportbike?
Years Riding: No F'in Idea
How you found us: 4 & 6

Both Race 1 and 2 were unfuckingbeleivable (sp) to watch - Nitro is Insane but as the wacky announcer stated, he has NEVER won a title? I think all his crazy "out of control" riding has gotten him either crashed out or out of the seat for a P loss and hence a point loss - It looks as of he is setteling a bit and knowing his limits - Gotta love the R7 forks from '01 still rockin 5 yrs later

Pitt looked great and so did Muggers until he hit the strip - Anyone else like seeing Barros doing well?

"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming WOW, what a RIDE !!"
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 08-10-2006, 10:35 AM Thread Starter
You got the talkin' done

Years Riding: long enough to have fallen off a few times - glad I wear a helmet!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bug
Both Race 1 and 2 were unfuckingbeleivable (sp) to watch - Nitro is Insane but as the wacky announcer stated, he has NEVER won a title? I think all his crazy "out of control" riding has gotten him either crashed out or out of the seat for a P loss and hence a point loss - It looks as of he is setteling a bit and knowing his limits - Gotta love the R7 forks from '01 still rockin 5 yrs later
Nori should have won the 1999 title, but he tested positve for too high of a level of ephedrine (sp?) in the South Africa round and his points were taken away. He had lost 30 or 40 pounds in the off season and was really in fine fighting form in 99. Yamaha took it to court after the season was over, but lost and Edwards won the title. After that Yamaha pulled out of WSBK. I guess you could say they took their ball and went home.

Last edited by jrock; 08-10-2006 at 10:42 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 08-10-2006, 10:39 AM
Bug

But they are back now and he is looking good - As much as I love watching Duc and Baylis just fuckin ROCK, a little part of me wants to see JT come back on the TenCarte Privateir team and rub it in Duc's face

"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming WOW, what a RIDE !!"
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 08-10-2006, 10:41 AM Thread Starter
You got the talkin' done

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bug
But they are back now and he is looking good - As much as I love watching Duc and Baylis just fuckin ROCK, a little part of me wants to see JT come back on the TenCarte Privateir team and rub it in Duc's face
That would be sweet justice. No traction control on that Honda either I don't think. Duc has their tc working really well.

Btw, did you see some of those lurid wheelies Bayliss was riding up the hills and into the corners on the cool down lap of race 1?

post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 08-10-2006, 10:43 AM
Bug

Mad skills he does have, yes - I think Duc is pretty far along on the TC front but are still "tweeking" to Troy's style

Off Topic BTW - RANCID ROCKS! - Roots Radicals

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chicagoland Sportbikes forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode