Nicky Hayden Featured in FHM - Chicagoland Sportbikes
Chicagoland Sportbikes

Track Talk This forum is all about discussing riding and setup tips for different types of racetracks. As well as discussion about the local racing scene.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 09-05-2006, 06:52 PM Thread Starter
You got the talkin' done

Sportbike: 2016 Honda Africa Twin & 1979 Honda CB750F
Years Riding: long enough to have fallen off a few times - glad I wear a helmet!
How you found us: Loose Lips Sink Ships, Loose Wires Cause Fires

Nicky Hayden Featured in FHM

interview here:

http://www.fhmus.com/articles-1802.a...65&idx_id=1802

"American girls speak my language but the talent level in Brazil is quite high."
- The Kid from OWB.

If you ain't with us, then it's just bad news.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 09-05-2006, 06:54 PM
Grid Marshall.

Sportbike: Tweener
Years Riding: Do I have to start over now?
How you found us: Followed the Bread Crumbs...

Send a message via AIM to Cerk
This article, the Today Show (or whatever it was) and this upcoming MTV reality show...i'm all for the growth of our sport, but i'd really hate to see a bunch of pseudo fans get into a trend.

Tom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tacitus
In a state where corruption abounds, laws must be very numerous.
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 09-05-2006, 06:55 PM
that punk kid

Sportbike: '05 ZX-6R (636)
Years Riding: 1
How you found us: Friend

Send a message via AIM to AdrenalinJunkie Send a message via Skype™ to AdrenalinJunkie
I can vouch for the talent in Brazil..its out of this world!

lol, that quote u have there, is that from the interview or part of your signature?

Adrenalin Junkie
- '05 Suzuki GSXR 1000
- ** retired ** '05 Kawasaki ZX-6R
- NESBA "A" #616
- Founder/President - Creatix, Inc.
- Founder - BartendChicago - BartendChicago.com

Wikipedia - Adrenaline Junkie - An adrenaline junkie is somebody who feels as if they are addicted to adrenaline. Adrenaline junkies may enjoy competing in extreme sports like skydiving, surfing, motorcycle racing, or anything else that gets their heart rate up. This sort of addiction is brought on by enjoying the (adrenaline) "rush" gained from these activities.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 09-05-2006, 07:00 PM
Grid Marshall.

That's from the interview...he says something similar in The Doctor, the Texas Tornado and the Kentucky Kid

Tom

Quote:
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 09-05-2006, 07:04 PM
that punk kid

Sportbike: '05 ZX-6R (636)
Years Riding: 1
How you found us: Friend

Send a message via AIM to AdrenalinJunkie Send a message via Skype™ to AdrenalinJunkie
mmm..i wish i could go back to Brazil....

ok..wet dream is over

Adrenalin Junkie
- '05 Suzuki GSXR 1000
- ** retired ** '05 Kawasaki ZX-6R
- NESBA "A" #616
- Founder/President - Creatix, Inc.
- Founder - BartendChicago - BartendChicago.com

Wikipedia - Adrenaline Junkie - An adrenaline junkie is somebody who feels as if they are addicted to adrenaline. Adrenaline junkies may enjoy competing in extreme sports like skydiving, surfing, motorcycle racing, or anything else that gets their heart rate up. This sort of addiction is brought on by enjoying the (adrenaline) "rush" gained from these activities.
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 09-05-2006, 07:18 PM Thread Starter
You got the talkin' done

Years Riding: long enough to have fallen off a few times - glad I wear a helmet!

Growth for the sport....I'd like to see it however is happens here in the USA. Its already huge everywhere else. There are always pseudo fans. All the big sports suffer from that.

post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 09-05-2006, 07:42 PM
Grid Marshall.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrock
Growth for the sport....I'd like to see it however is happens here in the USA. Its already huge everywhere else. There are always pseudo fans. All the big sports suffer from that.
Not trying to make a direct comparison to NASCAR, but look what's happened to that sport in comparison to what it once was...abandoning many of the aspects that made it great, including the original tracks for the new "pseudo" fans. I just can't stand the stupid shit i hear at work from people in to bikes with the whole Harley craze, i'd hate it to spread to my beloved racing. The MTV stuff is really what i'm worried about. That channel is a scourge

Tom

Quote:
post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 09-05-2006, 07:56 PM Thread Starter
You got the talkin' done

Quote:
Originally Posted by CerkMX
Not trying to make a direct comparison to NASCAR, but look what's happened to that sport in comparison to what it once was...abandoning many of the aspects that made it great, including the original tracks for the new "pseudo" fans. I just can't stand the stupid shit i hear at work from people in to bikes with the whole Harley craze, i'd hate it to spread to my beloved racing. The MTV stuff is really what i'm worried about. That channel is a scourge
Makes sense to me now. I see your point. Its 'cause we want it to be popular, but we still want it to be ours and then have fans to be well informed fans. I can relate to that.

But on the otherhand, you can't get away from NASCAR. Speed channel is almost NASCAR channel. How cool would it be to have a MOTOGP channel? I almost think I would pay that cost.

post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 09-05-2006, 08:03 PM
Grid Marshall.

Quote:
Makes sense to me now. I see your point. Its 'cause we want it to be popular, but we still want it to be ours and then have fans to be well informed fans. I can relate to that.
Exactly

Quote:
But on the otherhand, you can't get away from NASCAR. Speed channel is almost NASCAR channel. How cool would it be to have a MOTOGP channel? I almost think I would pay that cost.
Thankfully GP and motorcycle racing in general just doesn't relate to enough people for the rediculous levels NASCAR has gone to. There's fine line between beneficial exposure and hype based in less than fact. I'd just hate to see people get into the sport for the wrong reasons and end up hurting motorcyclists as a whole (both in image and in the litigous arena)

Tom

Quote:

Last edited by Cerk; 09-05-2006 at 08:13 PM.
post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 09-05-2006, 08:08 PM

Sportbike: KTM 690 SM
Years Riding: A little bit.
How you found us: I had the strangest dream.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CerkMX
NASCAR and Moto GP in the same sentence is basically comparing them. Come on!! I don't think the sort of people that frequent NASCAR are going to be interested in Moto GP, but hey if they are, they'll certainly learn what real racing is all about. If it brings some more races to the states, fine by me. Every sport will have poser fans, especially in America. Every sport will also have new fans. I had three friends over to watch the moto GP at laguna all who don't ride, never had really watched motorcycle racing before and now they are hooked. It's all good to me.
post #11 of 11 (permalink) Old 09-05-2006, 08:15 PM
Grid Marshall.

Quote:
Originally Posted by plotts
NASCAR and Moto GP in the same sentence is basically comparing them. Come on!! I don't think the sort of people that frequent NASCAR are going to be interested in Moto GP, but hey if they are, they'll certainly learn what real racing is all about. If it brings some more races to the states, fine by me. Every sport will have poser fans, especially in America. Every sport will also have new fans. I had three friends over to watch the moto GP at laguna all who don't ride, never had really watched motorcycle racing before and now they are hooked. It's all good to me.
I was using NASCAR as an extreme example to better show my point...evidently, disclaimers heed no attention for you...watch out for the coffee from McDonalds...that shit is HOT!!

Tom

Quote:

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chicagoland Sportbikes forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode