This might be an interesting track bike LOL - Chicagoland Sportbikes
Chicagoland Sportbikes

Track Talk This forum is all about discussing riding and setup tips for different types of racetracks. As well as discussion about the local racing scene.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 11-21-2006, 06:31 PM Thread Starter

Sportbike: 1983 Honda VFR750, 1992 Honda VFR400R NC30 (track bike)
Years Riding: 30
How you found us: Search Engine

Send a message via Skype™ to GrandpaNot
This might be an interesting track bike LOL

Cagiva Mito 500CC

http://www.motoblog.it/post/4998/eic...agiva-mito-500

Been dere done dat dis dere and de udder ting. OH and whatnot
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 11-21-2006, 06:37 PM
Administrator

Sportbike: A couple of pasta rockets
Years Riding: Since 1989
How you found us: In the beginning there was CLSB and Tony saw that it was good.

Send a message via AIM to HDTony
I wish I had studied more in italian in high school so I coulr read that, but is that modified 916 bodywork on that thing? look at the headlights and tail section.

HDTony.... Damn glad to meet you!

Government's view of the economy could be summed up in a few short phrases: If it moves, tax it. If it keeps moving, regulate it. And if it stops moving, subsidize it.

- Ronald Reagan

AirTek Heating & Air inc.
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 11-21-2006, 06:42 PM Thread Starter

Sportbike: 1983 Honda VFR750, 1992 Honda VFR400R NC30 (track bike)
Years Riding: 30
How you found us: Search Engine

Send a message via Skype™ to GrandpaNot
THe Mito has always been a 3/4 Ducati bodystyle

Up to now they have only had 1 125CC version. Rumor is they are going with a single cylinder 510CC engine sourced from a motard app. It should have dual front disks though to be competative.

Been dere done dat dis dere and de udder ting. OH and whatnot
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 11-21-2006, 07:30 PM
bwa
Boom

Sportbike: None :(
Years Riding: not long enough
How you found us: Crazeinc

Myth 500... interesting. 306+ lbs... Could shave off few more pounds

Last edited by bwa; 11-21-2006 at 07:34 PM.
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 01-23-2007, 12:52 PM
[Online]

Sportbike: Multistrada 1100S; CBR600RR
Years Riding: Since 2004
How you found us: CRR

More news on the Mito 500: http://www.cycleworld.com/article.as...article_id=257

I've seen it at the IMS show and it looked simply great. To make it short - if they will ever build the Mito, I'm buying it . BTW, right now they are studying the customer response to see if it's a good idea to build one - collecting signatures at the show. They also set up an email address. If you like it and want to see it built, please shoot them a few lines email at [email protected].

Quote:

It is hard to pinpoint the beginning of my streetbike obsession. I loved the '83 Suzuki GS1150ES and the '82 Katana. Not long afterward, the '84 Kawasaki Ninja 900 blew me away. But I was too young to ride on the street at the time and even if I'd had my license, I didn't have the cash. It was always smaller motorcycles that caught my real attention, first because they were cheaper and second because they somehow seemed more attainable, approachable and “right” for a kid learning the rules of the road. So it was a new Yamaha RZ350 that I wished for, and when I turned 16, a used RD400 that I could afford to buy. It was small, simple, light and sporty. And it meant I could go places and have fun getting there or simply riding to nowhere.
MH_22Jan07_02.jpg
Ours has become a four-stroke world. Prototype Cagiva Mito 500, powered by a big Husky Single replacing the old 125cc two-stroke mill. Coming to a showroom near you?

It was that sort-of expectant mindset, that longing for riding that those bikes brought about which came welling up again recently. I went to the Cycle World International Motorcycle Show in Long Beach, where Cagiva USA unveiled the Mito 500. The big news here is the powerplant, a 60-horsepower Husqvarna Single. It's stuffed into the old Mito two-stroke's chassis with its Ducati 916-inspired bodywork. Weight is said to be in the 260-pound range, and if the bike were ever to reach production and make it to the U.S. market, projected target price was between $7000 and $9000. At the moment the bike is just a prototype, and when we had it in our studio to photograph, I got a good, up-close look. It basically appears as though some enthusiasts back at the factory in Italy took a seized Mito and tossed the engine, called up the Husky department for a big one-lunger and applied some spare time. The engine looks like a pretty good fit, and I have to admit the bike is irresistible to me. Singles have been a hard sell on the street in the States for a long, long time, but I have always been a big fan.

Even though I can ride most anything I want, this type of light and lithe machine is a vivid reminder of the simple, initial pleasure of my first sporty bike and the fun and freedom it represented. Cagiva USA set up an e-mail address, [email protected] to receive comments about whether or not to build the little Single. I'm going to tell them to build it. If only for selfish reasons.

- Stas

Thou shalt not disfigure the soul.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chicagoland Sportbikes forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode