Post Jennings trackday - Chicagoland Sportbikes
Chicagoland Sportbikes

Track Talk This forum is all about discussing riding and setup tips for different types of racetracks. As well as discussion about the local racing scene.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 11-28-2006, 08:54 AM
G2G

Post Jennings trackday

Well I have Beaz and Rob fromt he CLSB board head down and make the trip. We met up with 3 guys from the RC51.org board who I have been friends with and do trackdays and race with for a long time.

Me and Beaz left at 5:30 in the morning Friday from Channahon and had to pick up a mini motard SDG 125 pit bike in St. Louis. Got dow there around 9:30 grabbed it and headed down 24 to Nashville. Thats where I problems started. about 50 miles from Nashville we hit dead stopped traffic. Not a problem got off ont he exit filled up and started to make our alt. route via my new GPS Well seeing we were in back woods country none of the roads connected to each other and it looked like it would be more of a hassle to find our way through deliverance country than sit in traffic. Just to make sure I asked a local and he said he wouldn't recommend getting off the beattin path So we hopped back onto 24 and sat through the traffic. After and hour we got moving again, only to run into flashing lights and another dead stop. This is where we seen another accident a 1/4 mile in front of us. we thought we whould squeeze through quickly but that was not the case. We sat for another hour until the police life flighted out the person who rolled there car. Helecopter landed right in the middle of the expressway and flew him out. During out 1 hour wait we drank Hienikins with the guy in a Porsche Boxter S conv. and shot the shit. Got into Jennings late and went right to bed to rest up for Saturday.

Weather was 77 and sunny both days with not a could in the sky. I was so excited about my new GSXR I could wait to get on the track. As we are setting up our pits I see Rob would I did not think was going to make it and then I asked about Grasshopper he said that he had some called work on Monday he had to show up for. I don't know what this work is all about but he better get his ass down in March for the next trackday So we set up our pit and got ready for the day. One thing that I noticed as I always do at Jennings there are alot and I mean alot of woman riding on the track down there. I think that is the coolest thing and it is definatly easy on the eyes First session took it easy and cruised around and was doing 1:28's. Not bad as the track was cold and also I am riding the bike for the first time. MY goal which is really reacing is to get into the teens. Second session I go out and start picking up the pace following a couple of locals and get my times down to the 1:25 range. Cool everything is working great I can see each lap getting faster and faster. Then lunch comes and my out of shape ass could not get in the groove after pigging out at lunch. Went out there with a couple of my friends and cut 1:25's the whole session.

4th session I am feeling good and I am following a local and trying to pick up some new lines. He was holding me up but not to the point where I was getting frustrated since we where rolling along pretty good. Showwed him a wheel every so often just to let him know I was there to maybe push him a little more. Well came in and looked at the lap timer and dropped to the low 1:24's. Good but I wanted better. I was not even dragging a knee down in 90% of the corners so I knew I had alot left on reserve. Well I wicked it up on the next session and caught a good slide coming out of 11 and had a near highside and put a little spook in me. Got a little greety on the throttle and slide it out a couple of feet Slowed it down a little and came on in. Did not better any of my laptimes so i was kinda dissapointed but I new I could do better as my fastest time on my SV was a 1:24.5. Second to last session I made a point to follow a couple of the fast guys and sure enough got consistint laps in the 1:23 range. I think with some more time on the bike the teens are not far off. I have to get use to the spped differences between the KTM /SV650 and the new 750. Things move alot quicker now

The second day was more of the same I worked with Rob a little on showing him some lines but ran out of tracktime since we left early so we will have to continue next March on dropping his times. Beaz did pretty good also getting to I thing the 1:24 or 1:25 range but a couple of seconds off where he wanted to be also. Had one crash out of our group my friend Ryan who has been doing trackdays for the last couple of years has his first crash on the track. Low side in 9 sent him sliding. Nothing major but just a reality check for him. Here are some pics of the trip. Enjoy I will type more about the trip later I actually have to work right now The last pic is after 13 hours of driving and going straight to work on Monday I am a pirate Bitch!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 1picjennings.jpg (228.2 KB, 39 views)
File Type: jpg 2picjennings.jpg (237.9 KB, 53 views)
File Type: jpg 3picjennings.jpg (249.0 KB, 40 views)
File Type: jpg 8picjennings.jpg (153.7 KB, 34 views)
File Type: jpg 9picjennings.jpg (245.6 KB, 38 views)
File Type: jpg 7picjennings.jpg (164.4 KB, 45 views)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 11-28-2006, 09:13 AM
Failed rehab

Sportbike: Striple
Years Riding: Dunno, awhile?
How you found us: DML

Send a message via AIM to Rob, Esq. Send a message via MSN to Rob, Esq.
Jennings kicked ass this weekend. G2G is absolutely right about there being much more tail at the southern tracks. I think I saw more women riding this past weekend than through most of the season in the midwest. Speaking of which, where are the good pics Steve????

The track is fun too. I had a best time of 1:28 the first day. It was tough to get much faster becasue I was runing in 'I' to learn the track and the group was pretty full. Only had one incident where I tried going around a guy on the outside of T3 and ended up getting run into the dirt at 130+ but managed to keep it upright and get back on track.
Sunday was a bit better since I felt a bit more comfortable w/ the track, though I didn't figure out 4-5-6. It was the 4th day on the SC1's and they were toast. The rear was spinning like crazy coming out of corners and was stepping out a lot. Fun, but not really conducive to faster times. once I moved up to A I think I prolly broke the :28, but I'm not sure since I didn't have the timer.

Can't wait until March! I'm hoping to get into the low :20's on the Duc and maybe :25's on the KTM. I think I know exactly where I can lose the extra seconds too, thanks to G2G.

Attorney-at-Law: Doing my part to contribute to the downfall of western society.
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 11-28-2006, 09:41 AM
G2G

No problem Rob. I got the go ahead to invite you guys to the private march event. I will post the dates later on today. TRust me you will not get more tracktime anywhere. After teh 3 day event in March you will wonder why you pay so much and ride so little at other events

Here is the money shot of Ryan lowsiding.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg ryan turn9crash.jpg (126.6 KB, 51 views)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 11-28-2006, 09:43 AM

Sportbike: 2006 R6 Raven
Years Riding: 7 years
How you found us: ChicagoIlivewithmymomriders.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by G2G View Post
I asked about Grasshopper he said that he had some called work on Monday he had to show up for. I don't know what this work is all about but he better get his ass down in March for the next trackday
I was thinking about you guys!

He had to fly out to Alaska at 7:30 AM from O'Hare. Didn't want to chance missing his flight.

If you guys are going in March, I'll make sure he gets the time off ahead of time.

Book of my Fuh-Zayce

Gotta DANCE!
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 11-28-2006, 04:04 PM

Sportbike: 13 rmz 450 2012 Street Glide
Years Riding: Long time
How you found us: Baldor

Hey Phil Collins it was a great time wish we were there longer work sucks but im looking forward to march

John
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 12-21-2006, 07:46 AM
Falcon Trainer

Sportbike: 2012 Ducati 848 Evo, 2012 HD Softail Deluxe
Years Riding: Lots of years....
How you found us: ??

Send a message via AIM to BusaGirl Send a message via Skype™ to BusaGirl
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob View Post
Jennings kicked ass this weekend. G2G is absolutely right about there being much more tail at the southern tracks. I think I saw more women riding this past weekend than through most of the season in the midwest.
That is true the further south you go... I ventured up to a Bike night in West Palm Beach this week... It's amazing to ride with a bunch hot blondes down I95 back home... Especially since they aren't scared to twist the wrist either!

Busa /Ducati/HDGirl
NESBA #717

XBOX Live: JustPlatinum
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 12-21-2006, 09:10 AM
Failed rehab

Sportbike: Striple
Years Riding: Dunno, awhile?
How you found us: DML

Send a message via AIM to Rob, Esq. Send a message via MSN to Rob, Esq.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BusaGirl View Post
That is true the further south you go... I ventured up to a Bike night in West Palm Beach this week... It's amazing to ride with a bunch hot blondes down I95 back home... Especially since they aren't scared to twist the wrist either!
hot blondes? So when are these bike nights again?

Attorney-at-Law: Doing my part to contribute to the downfall of western society.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chicagoland Sportbikes forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode