ron hix tutorial video RA 7/4/07 - Chicagoland Sportbikes
Chicagoland Sportbikes

Track Talk This forum is all about discussing riding and setup tips for different types of racetracks. As well as discussion about the local racing scene.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-07-2007, 12:15 PM Thread Starter
the magician.....LOL

Sportbike: 02 R1
Years Riding: 3 yrs
How you found us: CHICAGORIDERS.COM

ron hix tutorial video RA 7/4/07

well , i posted a link to a video in the RA thread, but figured id post this with its own title, so he could admire his work....LOL....thanks for the help, i even added his instruction at the end of the video, its a little long, but its basically a session with his critique.....

http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fu...deoID=12422789

NESBA "I" #46
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-07-2007, 01:29 PM
YO MAMA

Sportbike: 2010 Electra Glide Police Edition 103cu
Years Riding: a long time!

only cause i see in your sig your in I.

here are some suggestions:

while i know you might be in a comfort zone of only carrying so much speed. R.A. is almost a WOT track except for couple turns.

i happened to noticed when ron let you go in front oh him, your speed dropped.
also too your down shifting to much and engine breaking ALOT versus ON THE BREAKS when you want to slow down.

get use to slowing down ON THE BREAKS "WHILE" engine breaking. to me at the speed your comfortable going "from the way it looks" you down shift way to early, and break way to late to make the turn. you can go so much faster through those turns, BUT that comes in time with your comfort level.

start waiting till you need to be on the breaks, and then BREAK while engine breaking. that alone on that track will save you 10-15 seconds easy from the current way you were riding. with carrying maybe an extra 10mpr through each turn and waiting till you really needed to break versus engine breaking a LONG way before the apex.

just some suggestions.

post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-07-2007, 01:54 PM
Model citizen

Sportbike: ktm
Years Riding: a few
How you found us: SBN

cool vid! That got my heart pumping really good for some reason.

Eric
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-07-2007, 07:26 PM Thread Starter
the magician.....LOL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Odysseys View Post
only cause i see in your sig your in I.

here are some suggestions:

while i know you might be in a comfort zone of only carrying so much speed. R.A. is almost a WOT track except for couple turns.

i happened to noticed when ron let you go in front oh him, your speed dropped.
also too your down shifting to much and engine breaking ALOT versus ON THE BREAKS when you want to slow down.

get use to slowing down ON THE BREAKS "WHILE" engine breaking. to me at the speed your comfortable going "from the way it looks" you down shift way to early, and break way to late to make the turn. you can go so much faster through those turns, BUT that comes in time with your comfort level.

start waiting till you need to be on the breaks, and then BREAK while engine breaking. that alone on that track will save you 10-15 seconds easy from the current way you were riding. with carrying maybe an extra 10mpr through each turn and waiting till you really needed to break versus engine breaking a LONG way before the apex.

just some suggestions.
good advice, this was the first time on this track dry, once wet.....i know i can go faster, and i know i brake early....i think i do it cuz , as a firefighter/medic, i cant get hurt and work, and we dont have layup, but merely sick time, which, once its gone, its gone ..so i take it just a scotche easier than i would normally, till ive felt just how deep i can enter, etc.....cant afford another titanium plate anywhere in me....but this is good advice, and im sure as i ride RA more, ill be able to apply this to my riding there, i practically never brake at autobahn north, but ive rode it a ton of times, and i know the layout.....my times droppedover 6 seconds from the start of the day to the end.....a couple more days, finding the brake markers, and knowing how much corner speed i can carry in each turn will make a huge difference......plus when you ride with people faster than you, it makes you faster.....or makes you wreck ...we will hope for the latter

NESBA "I" #46

Last edited by El Diablo; 07-08-2007 at 05:25 PM.
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-08-2007, 09:42 PM
I'm a blessed man

Sportbike: GSXR 1000
Years Riding: not long enough
How you found us: Sportbikes.net

Thanks for posting the video.

Road America is a great track for all skill levels.

You were doing a good job out there, just need to crank it up a notch overall when you are ready. Hope to work with you again soon!

Ron Hix
MTD CR #975
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-08-2007, 09:53 PM
Viva La Figa!!

Sportbike: negative.
Years Riding: long enough to know better.
How you found us: cycleforums.com

Send a message via AIM to Downforce137
those are some crazy left hand lean angles you got there.
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-09-2007, 11:59 AM Thread Starter
the magician.....LOL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Downforce137 View Post
those are some crazy left hand lean angles you got there.
i was having an issue getting the horizon level before i went out.....its pretty close, but the sessions i finally got right, the video didnt save correctly, so i can watch it, but cant fast forward or rewind...or even load up to edit......anyone have the website for the photos from RA ?

NESBA "I" #46

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chicagoland Sportbikes forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode