The one day i do great on the track... - Chicagoland Sportbikes
Chicagoland Sportbikes

Track Talk This forum is all about discussing riding and setup tips for different types of racetracks. As well as discussion about the local racing scene.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 51 (permalink) Old 09-09-2007, 06:37 PM Thread Starter

The one day i do great on the track...

The one day i do great on the track, autobahn south, i can not find find the pics for it. As anyone seen them?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 51 (permalink) Old 09-09-2007, 06:42 PM
"PC" ,my balls

Sportbike: '02 GSXR1000 (street),'02 GSXR600 (track),'94CR125 (dirt), 3x pocketbikes (oval), KTMs x 3
Years Riding: 20 years
How you found us: Google search

If you're referring to last weekend the photographer that was there on Monday (don't know if it was the same one on Sunday) only sells pics at the track. Once the day is over the pics are gone.

My wife thinks we're a bunch of Top Gun wannabes with our call signs, so for future reference, I'm Roger

I've done some things I'm not proud of...and the things I am proud of are disgusting - Moe on the Simpsons
post #3 of 51 (permalink) Old 09-09-2007, 07:17 PM
Administrator

Sportbike: A couple of pasta rockets
Years Riding: Since 1989
How you found us: In the beginning there was CLSB and Tony saw that it was good.

Send a message via AIM to HDTony
Thats because autobahn sucks donkey balls and wont let people go out and take pictures anywhere but the pits. Screw them and the horse they rode in on.

HDTony.... Damn glad to meet you!

Government's view of the economy could be summed up in a few short phrases: If it moves, tax it. If it keeps moving, regulate it. And if it stops moving, subsidize it.

- Ronald Reagan

AirTek Heating & Air inc.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 51 (permalink) Old 09-09-2007, 07:42 PM Thread Starter

Well that sucks i got one good picture from the family but was hoping that their would be better ones then this one.

knee.jpg

Last edited by mojito; 09-09-2007 at 07:53 PM.
post #5 of 51 (permalink) Old 09-09-2007, 07:45 PM
Former Chicagoian

Sportbike: 950 Super Enduro / FZ6 / 640 ADV
Years Riding: Never enough!
How you found us: SBN

I ddn't look but www.dvkphoto.com was there last time.

I love autobahn south but the whole track definitly sucks for spectators

A superior rider uses superior judgment to avoid situations that require superior skill.
post #6 of 51 (permalink) Old 09-09-2007, 07:54 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by DefyInertia View Post
I ddn't look but www.dvkphoto.com was there last time.

I love autobahn south but the whole track definitly sucks for spectators
Its not up
post #7 of 51 (permalink) Old 09-09-2007, 07:55 PM
Administrator

Sportbike: A couple of pasta rockets
Years Riding: Since 1989
How you found us: In the beginning there was CLSB and Tony saw that it was good.

Send a message via AIM to HDTony
I'm boycotting that track after being treated rudely by the management. I will not be running there this season or next.

HDTony.... Damn glad to meet you!

Government's view of the economy could be summed up in a few short phrases: If it moves, tax it. If it keeps moving, regulate it. And if it stops moving, subsidize it.

- Ronald Reagan

AirTek Heating & Air inc.
post #8 of 51 (permalink) Old 09-09-2007, 07:58 PM
Viva La Figa!!

Sportbike: negative.
Years Riding: long enough to know better.
How you found us: cycleforums.com

Send a message via AIM to Downforce137
Sorry to hear, but rules are rules.

I know they have their own photog, that has unlimited access to the track, which is prolly why they dont let people walk around the track. Im sure he's greasing someone's palm to keep it that way. Plus all the member's garages that they prolly dont want people snooping around.
post #9 of 51 (permalink) Old 09-09-2007, 08:06 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by HDTony View Post
I'm boycotting that track after being treated rudely by the management. I will not be running there this season or next.
I Got yelled at when i crashed the first time. I did a big no no, which was take of my helmet. I was shooken up and it was hot as hell and i was pissed. As i get back to the paddock, i got yelled that. Oh well.
post #10 of 51 (permalink) Old 09-09-2007, 09:41 PM
Retired but still working

Sportbike: 1994 H/D Softail Custom
Years Riding: Long Enough
How you found us: search

Send a message via Yahoo to Dean
The only photographer that was there on Sunday was a on-site photographer. Dawn did not shoot photos on Sunday or Monday - just Saturday.

The event photographer that was there, Sideline Sports Photography, does not post their pictures for sale on the web. You had to look at your photos in their trailer and order there if you wanted them.

Dean

What do the internet and Channel 11 have in common? They are both a window to the world; put it out there and do not be surprised who will see it.
post #11 of 51 (permalink) Old 09-10-2007, 09:15 AM

Sportbike: RC31
Years Riding: Since '03
How you found us: it's a small world afterall

Quote:
Originally Posted by Downforce137 View Post
I know they have their own photog, that has unlimited access to the track, which is prolly why they dont let people walk around the track. I'm sure he's greasing someone's palm to keep it that way.
I highly doubt this would be the reason. I don't know if Sideline is now the track photographer, but that was the first weekend I've seen them there.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Downforce137 View Post
Plus all the member's garages that they prolly dont want people snooping around.
This would be the reason. Once you leave the main pit area, you're out by member's garages and I'm sure it's not worth it to them to staff security all the way around the track. Also, they only have armco out around most of the track and no spectator fencing and no defined spectator areas besides the main paddock. Definitely sucks for spectators.

Swift Molly's Motor Circus
Michelin Woodcraft Armour Bodies Spyder Leatherworks STT STG

UNAPOLOGETIC FAN OF THINGS THAT ARE OLD AND SLOW
post #12 of 51 (permalink) Old 09-10-2007, 09:26 AM

I believe the deal with the photographers is this;

If Autobahn has either SideLine Photo or Kozel there taking pictures, no other photographer is allowed to shoot. Individuals in the photography business have access to the other areas of the track. Spectators, riders, visitors simply taking photos must stay in the infield / pit areas. DVK took photos because SideLine was late getting there on Saturday I think. I was there when the track organizer was talking to Dawn telling her he was sorry about something. Obviously apologizing for not being able to take photos.

Still stinks about not being able to walk around the fence line and take photos but I think Truckstop hit it on the head - it may not be the Autobahn itself, but the member's concern more so.

Dean

What do the internet and Channel 11 have in common? They are both a window to the world; put it out there and do not be surprised who will see it.
post #13 of 51 (permalink) Old 09-10-2007, 11:13 AM

Sportbike: RC31
Years Riding: Since '03
How you found us: it's a small world afterall

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dean View Post
If Autobahn has either SideLine Photo or Kozel there taking pictures, no other photographer is allowed to shoot.
Ah, I did not realize this. I would have thought that if an org has a photog that they come to a track with, that that photog could still shoot. I haven't seen Sideline at the track any other time this year and didn't realize this was the case. I'm pretty sure there was a weekend last year that Kozel and Dawn shot together and worked it all out.

Swift Molly's Motor Circus
Michelin Woodcraft Armour Bodies Spyder Leatherworks STT STG

UNAPOLOGETIC FAN OF THINGS THAT ARE OLD AND SLOW

Last edited by truckstop; 09-10-2007 at 11:16 AM.
post #14 of 51 (permalink) Old 09-10-2007, 11:17 AM Thread Starter

I looked at sideline photo and they were supposed to be there for the whole labor day weekend. I am trying to find out if i can order some prints. crossing my fingers.
post #15 of 51 (permalink) Old 09-10-2007, 11:42 AM
Two point Slow

Sportbike: 2001 Honda CBR600F4i
Years Riding: 17
How you found us: sportbikes.net

Quote:
Originally Posted by mojito View Post
I looked at sideline photo and they were supposed to be there for the whole labor day weekend. I am trying to find out if i can order some prints. crossing my fingers.
Nope.
Had to order the pics @ the track inside their trailer.
Great set-up, 7-8 flat screen monitors, hi-def res pics, very nice.You find your pics, pick which ones you want and pay for them right there.
I bought the CD with both days for $80 ($70 for 1 day $10additional for another day).

2001 Honda CBR600F4i Red/Black
Miquel Duhamel Replica

Alias: hondajunkie
post #16 of 51 (permalink) Old 09-10-2007, 11:46 AM
Enjoying Life!!

Sportbike: 09 Night Rod Black Denim
Years Riding: Not Long Enuff!!!!
How you found us: Friends

$80 for a CD That seems awful high unless they shoot a shitload of pics for you?

I'm sick of following my dreams. I'm just going to ask them where they're goin', and hook up with them later!!
post #17 of 51 (permalink) Old 09-10-2007, 01:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CHeYeNNe View Post
$80 for a CD That seems awful high unless they shoot a shitload of pics for you?
Average shots of one rider I think is in the 75 photo range or depending on how many sessions you were on the track. I remember last year one guy got 125 images. If you buy it at the track it is $70.00.

Dean

post #18 of 51 (permalink) Old 09-10-2007, 02:22 PM
Two point Slow

Sportbike: 2001 Honda CBR600F4i
Years Riding: 17
How you found us: sportbikes.net

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dean View Post
Average shots of one rider I think is in the 75 photo range or depending on how many sessions you were on the track. I remember last year one guy got 125 images. If you buy it at the track it is $70.00.
I'll get the cd by October so I'll have to post how many pics I actually got.
Yeah, I thought $70 was pretty steep too until I looked at the pics and was amazed how well they turned out.
First time buying a cd of pics from a trackday so I figured what better time than now?
I'll post some of the pics when I get'em.

Mike

2001 Honda CBR600F4i Red/Black
Miquel Duhamel Replica

Alias: hondajunkie
post #19 of 51 (permalink) Old 09-10-2007, 03:09 PM Thread Starter

Man, that [email protected]#K sucks. Maybe next time.
post #20 of 51 (permalink) Old 09-10-2007, 04:43 PM

I think the other question is wtf can't Autobahn get a better photographer that can figure out how to build a website and use paypay to place orders. Sound like a bunch of morons to me that don't know how to do business.

$80 for the CD is the going rate too. I figure if I bought all the crap they own and had the skills taking pics that they have I want to get paid for it as well.
post #21 of 51 (permalink) Old 09-10-2007, 07:50 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by FullThrottleZX View Post
I think the other question is wtf can't Autobahn get a better photographer that can figure out how to build a website and use paypay to place orders. Sound like a bunch of morons to me that don't know how to do business.

$80 for the CD is the going rate too. I figure if I bought all the crap they own and had the skills taking pics that they have I want to get paid for it as well.
True..
post #22 of 51 (permalink) Old 09-10-2007, 08:17 PM
Viva La Figa!!

the girl in the trailer said they took around 35,000 pics over the weekend, so I'd imagine that would be a hell of alot of bandwidth and thats the reason they aren't on the interwebs.. I also bought the CD, but was told to expect 100-150 pics on the CD.. we'll see soon.
post #23 of 51 (permalink) Old 07-30-2008, 10:12 PM

Hello All,

I know this is an old thread, but I wanted to set the record straight.

Bob Kozel was the photographer at Autobahn CC for 2006 only. He no longer works at Autobahn in any capacity and will not be photographing at the track any time in the future.

My firm, Sideline Sports Photography, LLC, was asked to take over the photography work at Autobahn during the winter of 2006. We accepted their contract and have worked at Autobahn (ABCC) since that time. We actually have worked at ABCC on and off since it's opening, but only in an official capacity since Jan of 2007.

As to the question: "wtf can't Autobahn get a better photographer that can figure out how to build a website and use paypay to place orders. Sound like a bunch of morons to me that don't know how to do business", well, we are thankfully far from morons who don't know how to do business.

On the contrary, we are the nations largest track photography business and have been for over five years. I believe our equipment (truck/trailer/cameras/support vehicles) is evidentiary of our success. We are the only North American motorsports photographic agency offers a two level, eight flat-screen, air conditioned, sat tv fed viewing trailer. We are sponsored by Nikon, using beta equipment for much of our work, and we work in about every pro motorsports series world wide.

We have offices in Atlanta, Chicago, Portland, OR and Amsterdam, Netherlands and our formula for sales has taken us from a one office (Portland), web based photo entity to a multi-truck/trailer, international business in less than eight years.

We do not provide web based sales as it simply doesn't offer the financial return that onsite sales do, and offering both web and onsite sales prevents many customers from ever looking at the images in our trailer, thereby effecting our potential profit. Quite simply, our business plan works very well.

In the photo industry, the average amount of attendees who purchase post event averages 7%. This means that for every 100 attendees, only seven actually end up buying. Our current sales level is at 44%, literally meaning 44 of every 100 riders/drivers purchase from us, in our trailer, at the event.

It would, on the contrary, be moronic for us to place our photos online and damage our at track business, which flatly crushes web sales.

Part of the reason we can capture 15,000-35,000 images per event is due to our ability to travel with our own golf carts and four wheelers, allowing us quick and full coverage of tracks and prompt return of photos back to our trailer for relatively immediate viewing. If we were selling post event, at a 7% ration, we'd far from be able to afford to bring these vehicles, let alone our set up, to the track and our quality and variety of imagery would fall significantly. As it sits today, on July 30, 2008, we spend an average of $7,200 per month on diesel alone, commuting between events (yes, this is no fun).

Anyone who sits outside a business and calls people morons, without the internal knowledge of the respective business and the field in general, might first want to look at the quality of the business they are attacking.

As Monte has noted elsewhere, we work all over the world and book a year in advance. We work for Mercedes, BMW, Porsche, Audi, VW, Autoweek, Car and Driver, Automobile, Auto Motor und Sport and many others. We work in F1 (one of three US based certified entities), MotoGP, GrandAM, Koni, Speed World Challenge, IRL, ALMS and many others. Our trucks, trailers and photographers cover an average of 40 states and 8 countries per year, and we work at the Olympics and World Cup Soccer Tournaments for the US National Soccer Teams, for whom we work in different capacities as well. Last year, I slept in my own bet 46 nights, including only seven nights from August 13, 2007 through Feb 3, 2008. As I write, I leave this Sunday for the Beijing Olympics for almost the whole month of August. Last year, we were in China for the whole month of September for the Women's World Cup.

As the track photographers at the ABCC, we were chosen due to our reputation in the automotive world. We respect the track and it's management, and they respect us as well.

When we cannot make it to ABCC, other photographers are more than welcome, and this happens regularly. As a matter for fact, we will work at the ABCC about 25 total days in the entire 2008 season.

I hope this clarifies the situation. Our clients, 83% of whom repeat within 18 months, like our services and spend their hard earned money with us repetitively. We deliver quality products and offer a 100% money back guarantee on everything we sell. As a matter of fact, we've sold over 20,000 CD's in the past eight years, and we've had a total of two returned.

Thanks to all involved and we hope to see you all at the track soon!

Mike Stahlschmidt
Sideline Sports Photography, LLC
post #24 of 51 (permalink) Old 07-31-2008, 05:58 PM
Former Chicagoian

Sportbike: 950 Super Enduro / FZ6 / 640 ADV
Years Riding: Never enough!
How you found us: SBN

so you have a link or what?

j/k

A superior rider uses superior judgment to avoid situations that require superior skill.
post #25 of 51 (permalink) Old 07-31-2008, 06:10 PM
I break everything!

Sportbike: SV650S, ZX6R, GSXR600
Years Riding: Since 04/2003
How you found us: Google

Hahahaha... High pressure sales tactics, "Come into our van and if you don't buy NOW you'll never see the pics again!"

Makes you appreciate guys like Gron4 all the more. Even if you don't pay them a penny you still get to see all yours and everyone elses shots to at least learn body position.

Jon Gu
CCS AM/NESBA #276
post #26 of 51 (permalink) Old 07-31-2008, 06:41 PM

Ive been in there trailors and they are top notch with great action shots. They seem to be able to get the close ups that others have a hard time getting sometimes. All the photographers do a great job so dont take it the wrong way.
post #27 of 51 (permalink) Old 07-31-2008, 09:38 PM
Viva La Figa!!

ive bought cd's at both events ive seen them at.
post #28 of 51 (permalink) Old 08-04-2008, 02:32 AM

No, far from high pressure. Simply a business plan that works, works far better and is significantly, financially better than any other motorsport photographers.

We didn't grow to an international corporation with offices in Europe, Portland, OR, Atlanta and Chicago in eight years due to a lack of financial success, which comes from repeat buyers, offering a superior product and doing a quality job in capture and presentation.

There is no pressure, as one can order a CD-ROM from any event at any time, even years down the road. CD's (or DVD's, depending on photo volume and customer request) are our best seller, accounting for 83% of our total sales annually. Customers can even order prints at any time, as long as they wrote down the file #'s while in our trailer.

Those who have been in our trailer understand and will likely relate that this is not a 20ft car hauler converted to use in a photo business. It is towed by a semi, is 13ft'6" tall, 27ft long and has two levels. It has Sat TV and AC/Heat, which many appreciate (all did last weekend at Putnam) during the summers. Eight flat screens and a gigabit network makes for fast and efficient viewing.

As for equipment, we utilize the top of the line Nikon D3's, shooting at a turned up over "stock" 14 frames per second, as well as many lenses over 600mm, offering the closer images you are hearing about.

Additionally, we do not "freeze" the bikes on the track, as many do, and we work with the lightm, not against it or without consideration.

Customers who come in and tell us of their interest get an average of 150-200 photos on a DVD (CD to small for so many high res files).

As for being able to view your friends and buddies photos, that happens all weekend long at our events, as people are free to review every photo we take each weekend quickly and efficiently, with no time delay for posting.

In the end, you get what you pay for. We also offer prorate store credits for those who get less than the average for their group (sent with the CD-ROM/DVD) and we offer a 100% money back guarantee.

Hope this clears things up.

Thanks,

Mike Stahlschmidt
post #29 of 51 (permalink) Old 08-04-2008, 05:42 AM
YO MAMA

Sportbike: 2010 Electra Glide Police Edition 103cu
Years Riding: a long time!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sidelinesports View Post
Hello All,

I know this is an old thread, but I wanted to set the record straight.

Bob Kozel was the photographer at Autobahn CC for 2006 only. He no longer works at Autobahn in any capacity and will not be photographing at the track any time in the future.

My firm, Sideline Sports Photography, LLC, was asked to take over the photography work at Autobahn during the winter of 2006. We accepted their contract and have worked at Autobahn (ABCC) since that time. We actually have worked at ABCC on and off since it's opening, but only in an official capacity since Jan of 2007.

As to the question: "wtf can't Autobahn get a better photographer that can figure out how to build a website and use paypay to place orders. Sound like a bunch of morons to me that don't know how to do business", well, we are thankfully far from morons who don't know how to do business.

On the contrary, we are the nations largest track photography business and have been for over five years. I believe our equipment (truck/trailer/cameras/support vehicles) is evidentiary of our success. We are the only North American motorsports photographic agency offers a two level, eight flat-screen, air conditioned, sat tv fed viewing trailer. We are sponsored by Nikon, using beta equipment for much of our work, and we work in about every pro motorsports series world wide.

We have offices in Atlanta, Chicago, Portland, OR and Amsterdam, Netherlands and our formula for sales has taken us from a one office (Portland), web based photo entity to a multi-truck/trailer, international business in less than eight years.

We do not provide web based sales as it simply doesn't offer the financial return that onsite sales do, and offering both web and onsite sales prevents many customers from ever looking at the images in our trailer, thereby effecting our potential profit. Quite simply, our business plan works very well.

In the photo industry, the average amount of attendees who purchase post event averages 7%. This means that for every 100 attendees, only seven actually end up buying. Our current sales level is at 44%, literally meaning 44 of every 100 riders/drivers purchase from us, in our trailer, at the event.

It would, on the contrary, be moronic for us to place our photos online and damage our at track business, which flatly crushes web sales.

Part of the reason we can capture 15,000-35,000 images per event is due to our ability to travel with our own golf carts and four wheelers, allowing us quick and full coverage of tracks and prompt return of photos back to our trailer for relatively immediate viewing. If we were selling post event, at a 7% ration, we'd far from be able to afford to bring these vehicles, let alone our set up, to the track and our quality and variety of imagery would fall significantly. As it sits today, on July 30, 2008, we spend an average of $7,200 per month on diesel alone, commuting between events (yes, this is no fun).

Anyone who sits outside a business and calls people morons, without the internal knowledge of the respective business and the field in general, might first want to look at the quality of the business they are attacking.

As Monte has noted elsewhere, we work all over the world and book a year in advance. We work for Mercedes, BMW, Porsche, Audi, VW, Autoweek, Car and Driver, Automobile, Auto Motor und Sport and many others. We work in F1 (one of three US based certified entities), MotoGP, GrandAM, Koni, Speed World Challenge, IRL, ALMS and many others. Our trucks, trailers and photographers cover an average of 40 states and 8 countries per year, and we work at the Olympics and World Cup Soccer Tournaments for the US National Soccer Teams, for whom we work in different capacities as well. Last year, I slept in my own bet 46 nights, including only seven nights from August 13, 2007 through Feb 3, 2008. As I write, I leave this Sunday for the Beijing Olympics for almost the whole month of August. Last year, we were in China for the whole month of September for the Women's World Cup.

As the track photographers at the ABCC, we were chosen due to our reputation in the automotive world. We respect the track and it's management, and they respect us as well.

When we cannot make it to ABCC, other photographers are more than welcome, and this happens regularly. As a matter for fact, we will work at the ABCC about 25 total days in the entire 2008 season.

I hope this clarifies the situation. Our clients, 83% of whom repeat within 18 months, like our services and spend their hard earned money with us repetitively. We deliver quality products and offer a 100% money back guarantee on everything we sell. As a matter of fact, we've sold over 20,000 CD's in the past eight years, and we've had a total of two returned.

Thanks to all involved and we hope to see you all at the track soon!

Mike Stahlschmidt
Quote:
Originally Posted by sidelinesports View Post
No, far from high pressure. Simply a business plan that works, works far better and is significantly, financially better than any other motorsport photographers.

We didn't grow to an international corporation with offices in Europe, Portland, OR, Atlanta and Chicago in eight years due to a lack of financial success, which comes from repeat buyers, offering a superior product and doing a quality job in capture and presentation.

There is no pressure, as one can order a CD-ROM from any event at any time, even years down the road. CD's (or DVD's, depending on photo volume and customer request) are our best seller, accounting for 83% of our total sales annually. Customers can even order prints at any time, as long as they wrote down the file #'s while in our trailer.

Those who have been in our trailer understand and will likely relate that this is not a 20ft car hauler converted to use in a photo business. It is towed by a semi, is 13ft'6" tall, 27ft long and has two levels. It has Sat TV and AC/Heat, which many appreciate (all did last weekend at Putnam) during the summers. Eight flat screens and a gigabit network makes for fast and efficient viewing.

As for equipment, we utilize the top of the line Nikon D3's, shooting at a turned up over "stock" 14 frames per second, as well as many lenses over 600mm, offering the closer images you are hearing about.

Additionally, we do not "freeze" the bikes on the track, as many do, and we work with the lightm, not against it or without consideration.

Customers who come in and tell us of their interest get an average of 150-200 photos on a DVD (CD to small for so many high res files).

As for being able to view your friends and buddies photos, that happens all weekend long at our events, as people are free to review every photo we take each weekend quickly and efficiently, with no time delay for posting.

In the end, you get what you pay for. We also offer prorate store credits for those who get less than the average for their group (sent with the CD-ROM/DVD) and we offer a 100% money back guarantee.

Hope this clears things up.

Thanks,

Mike Stahlschmidt

well, for someone as intellectual as yourself, surely you got a well thought out business plan, a very efficient and high dollar operation going. as noted your not morons cause of your well thought out and researched operations you run and services offered!

1 small problem you guys just ran into.

this site in which you just not only "advertising to, or solicitation", and also even included your current business plan and methods of operation.

did something wrong, and its very surprising! you failed to even read the GENERAL out line rules of of usage, https://www.chicagolandsportbikes.com...ement.php?f=79

let along the site contract in which you agreed too when you registered to use this site under those terms.

Mike Stahlschmidt

your account is suspended currently and i would advise to take my phone call later today. you have a problem now.

Last edited by Odysseys; 08-04-2008 at 06:00 AM.
post #30 of 51 (permalink) Old 08-05-2008, 02:03 PM

Sportbike: Suzuki GSXR 1k, Kawi 600, Ducati 749
Years Riding: a little bit....
How you found us: word gets around....

Odysseys,

You're one of the moderators here, so I realize we're in "your house", but I have to say I think you've reacted a bit harshly to Mike.

If he had just come on here, and out of nowhere, posted a big plug for his business then I agree, that would be clearly in violation of the rules.

But he was responding to what others were saying about how he conducts his business. I'll agree, he probably went into a bit more depth and detail in his response than what was required, but still, isn't the man allowed to respond to others questioning/criticizing how he does business? I think that is only fair.

Mike is an amazing photographer... us "mortals" (doing trackdays) should be blessed that someone of his caliber would even show up to an event such as this. His work is far and away superior to most other track photographers (his only rival, in my humble opinion, is Gron4). He is also very passionate about his work - which is evident in his post.

Cut the man a break.

best,
t

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chicagoland Sportbikes forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode