Pirelli's official lab coat wearing Poindexters - Chicagoland Sportbikes
Chicagoland Sportbikes
 
Track Talk This forum is all about discussing riding and setup tips for different types of racetracks. As well as discussion about the local racing scene.

 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 20 (permalink) Old 03-17-2008, 12:52 PM Thread Starter
I'm a blessed man
 
ronhix's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Aurora, IL
Posts: 3,707
Location: Aurora, IL
Sportbike: GSXR 1000
Years Riding: not long enough
How you found us: Sportbikes.net
           
Pirelli's official lab coat wearing Poindexters

OK.

I know some of those Pirelli official lab coat wearing Poindexters have written a really cool white paper on the Diablo Supercorsa DOT race tire's designed operating temperature ranges. I'll bet it is filled with all kinds of cool geek speak with a distinctive and refreshing lack of dumb it down for management style graphs.

But for some reason, I just can't find said white paper anywhere!!

Maybe I just suck at the Internets. Can some of you Internets guru's point me to a link of this highly coveted white paper?

Don't tell me it doesn't exist, it has to exist. What else are these Poindexters doing everyday?

BTW, please don't try and tell me what tire pressures you run. Thanks!

Ron Hix
MTD CR #975
ronhix is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 20 (permalink) Old 03-17-2008, 01:12 PM
Registered User
 
Kruz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: West of 59, North of 88
Posts: 18,885
Location: West of 59, North of 88
Sportbike: 05 CRF50
Years Riding: "Since 1992"
How you found us: You found me
           
35/37
Kruz is offline  
post #3 of 20 (permalink) Old 03-17-2008, 01:14 PM
Wooohooo
 
XxMarsxX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Palatine IL
Posts: 2,207
Location: Palatine IL
Sportbike: 2007 GSXR-600K7
Years Riding: Year 3
How you found us: This isn't where I parked my car.
           
Send a message via AIM to XxMarsxX Send a message via MSN to XxMarsxX
I just filled up the R6. 35 35

-Mo
XxMarsxX is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #4 of 20 (permalink) Old 03-17-2008, 01:23 PM
King Nothing


 
Kegger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Ur Moms House
Posts: 17,944
Location: Ur Moms House
Sportbike: I ride Ur Mom
Years Riding: As long as Ive known Ur Mom
How you found us: u found me
           
Quote:
Originally Posted by ronhix View Post
OK.

I know some of those Pirelli official lab coat wearing Poindexters have written a really cool white paper on the Diablo Supercorsa DOT race tire's designed operating temperature ranges. I'll bet it is filled with all kinds of cool geek speak with a distinctive and refreshing lack of dumb it down for management style graphs.

But for some reason, I just can't find said white paper anywhere!!

Maybe I just suck at the Internets. Can some of you Internets guru's point me to a link of this highly coveted white paper?

Don't tell me it doesn't exist, it has to exist. What else are these Poindexters doing everyday?

BTW, please don't try and tell me what tire pressures you run. Thanks!
Dont worry, you dont need to read that, just slide your forks up in the triples to compensate.

"When in doubt, use full throttle. It may not improve your situation, but it will end the suspense."
Kegger is offline  
post #5 of 20 (permalink) Old 03-17-2008, 01:45 PM
Highspeed ditch inspector
 
sqrly's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Dixon, IL
Posts: 3,717
Location: Dixon, IL
Sportbike: CB-360, RST Futura, 96/97/98/99 compilation of gixxers into one trackbike.
Years Riding: Since 2000
How you found us: Member
           
I would be interested is seeing this elusive white paper.

!!!!!!!(.)(.)!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
!!!!!!!!). (!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
!!!!!!!( y )!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My Garage
sqrly is offline  
post #6 of 20 (permalink) Old 03-17-2008, 01:50 PM
Failed rehab
 
Rob, Esq.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Indy
Posts: 14,908
Location: Indy
Sportbike: Striple
Years Riding: Dunno, awhile?
How you found us: DML
           
Send a message via AIM to Rob, Esq. Send a message via MSN to Rob, Esq.
maybe here somewhere? http://www.pirelliprivateer.com/
I registered, but was never confirmed, so I can't search

Attorney-at-Law: Doing my part to contribute to the downfall of western society.
Rob, Esq. is offline  
post #7 of 20 (permalink) Old 03-17-2008, 01:58 PM Thread Starter
I'm a blessed man
 
ronhix's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Aurora, IL
Posts: 3,707
Location: Aurora, IL
Sportbike: GSXR 1000
Years Riding: not long enough
How you found us: Sportbikes.net
           
Arrrggghhh. RED DOTS FOR THE LOT OF YA!

Ron Hix
MTD CR #975
ronhix is offline  
post #8 of 20 (permalink) Old 03-17-2008, 02:05 PM
Administrator
 
HDTony's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: Plainfield IL
Posts: 45,956
Location: Plainfield IL
Sportbike: A couple of pasta rockets
Years Riding: Since 1989
How you found us: In the beginning there was CLSB and Tony saw that it was good.
           
Send a message via AIM to HDTony
drop your elbow and get your head down by the mirror.




HDTony.... Damn glad to meet you!

Government's view of the economy could be summed up in a few short phrases: If it moves, tax it. If it keeps moving, regulate it. And if it stops moving, subsidize it.

- Ronald Reagan

AirTek Heating & Air inc.
HDTony is offline  
post #9 of 20 (permalink) Old 03-17-2008, 02:44 PM
King Nothing


 
Kegger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Ur Moms House
Posts: 17,944
Location: Ur Moms House
Sportbike: I ride Ur Mom
Years Riding: As long as Ive known Ur Mom
How you found us: u found me
           
Quote:
Originally Posted by HDTony View Post
drop your elbow and get your head down by the mirror.
In his case its "git yer head down by the front axle!"

"When in doubt, use full throttle. It may not improve your situation, but it will end the suspense."
Kegger is offline  
post #10 of 20 (permalink) Old 03-17-2008, 02:46 PM Thread Starter
I'm a blessed man
 
ronhix's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Aurora, IL
Posts: 3,707
Location: Aurora, IL
Sportbike: GSXR 1000
Years Riding: not long enough
How you found us: Sportbikes.net
           
Alright you good for nothings, here's what I got.

I called and spoke directly with some of the Pirelli Poindexters, they sent me this as a guideline. (Kinda cool, the flyer they sent is a NESBA flyer and I never mentioned anything about NESBA)

Link to .pdf here

I also asked a bunch of other questions, I am now the Pirelli expert with unreal amount of much sought after knowledge.

Muhahahaha!!!! Bow to me you mortals!!!! Muhahahaha!!!!

Ron Hix
MTD CR #975

Last edited by ronhix; 03-17-2008 at 03:05 PM.
ronhix is offline  
post #11 of 20 (permalink) Old 03-17-2008, 02:49 PM
Failed rehab
 
Rob, Esq.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Indy
Posts: 14,908
Location: Indy
Sportbike: Striple
Years Riding: Dunno, awhile?
How you found us: DML
           
Send a message via AIM to Rob, Esq. Send a message via MSN to Rob, Esq.
"Racing and track day use of Pirelli tires constitutes extreme use and voids all expressed and implied warranties"

They're so full of it.

Attorney-at-Law: Doing my part to contribute to the downfall of western society.
Rob, Esq. is offline  
post #12 of 20 (permalink) Old 03-17-2008, 02:50 PM
Highspeed ditch inspector
 
sqrly's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Dixon, IL
Posts: 3,717
Location: Dixon, IL
Sportbike: CB-360, RST Futura, 96/97/98/99 compilation of gixxers into one trackbike.
Years Riding: Since 2000
How you found us: Member
           
Sweet! Now what is the most accurate air pressure gauge? Cost is not an object, but I will not spend extra for a gold plated pile of crap.

!!!!!!!(.)(.)!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
!!!!!!!!). (!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
!!!!!!!( y )!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My Garage
sqrly is offline  
post #13 of 20 (permalink) Old 03-17-2008, 02:54 PM
Failed rehab
 
Rob, Esq.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Indy
Posts: 14,908
Location: Indy
Sportbike: Striple
Years Riding: Dunno, awhile?
How you found us: DML
           
Send a message via AIM to Rob, Esq. Send a message via MSN to Rob, Esq.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sqrly View Post
Sweet! Now what is the most accurate air pressure gauge? Cost is not an object, but I will not spend extra for a gold plated pile of crap.
I like Longacre gauges. I paid $70 for mine. Good company. I wanted it right away and selected next day air. The rep called me up and said "you know, we're close so it'll get there tomorrow with just ground. No need to pay more." Saved me $12 right there.

Every time I've had the gauge checked, its spot on. Really easy to use too
http://www.longacreracing.com/catalo...st.asp?catid=8

Attorney-at-Law: Doing my part to contribute to the downfall of western society.
Rob, Esq. is offline  
post #14 of 20 (permalink) Old 03-17-2008, 02:56 PM
Highspeed ditch inspector
 
sqrly's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Dixon, IL
Posts: 3,717
Location: Dixon, IL
Sportbike: CB-360, RST Futura, 96/97/98/99 compilation of gixxers into one trackbike.
Years Riding: Since 2000
How you found us: Member
           
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob View Post
I like Longacre gauges. I paid $70 for mine. Good company. I wanted it right away and selected next day air. The rep called me up and said "you know, we're close so it'll get there tomorrow with just ground. No need to pay more." Saved me $12 right there.

Every time I've had the gauge checked, its spot on. Really easy to use too
http://www.longacreracing.com/catalo...st.asp?catid=8
Thanks! Rep comming your way

!!!!!!!(.)(.)!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
!!!!!!!!). (!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
!!!!!!!( y )!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My Garage
sqrly is offline  
post #15 of 20 (permalink) Old 03-17-2008, 03:11 PM
El Burrito Volador
 
spyder84's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Plainfield, IL
Posts: 1,141
Location: Plainfield, IL
Sportbike: 05 GSXR600 / 04 GSXR600
Years Riding: I'm a rookie.
How you found us: NESBA
           
Quote:
Originally Posted by ronhix View Post
Alright you good for nothings, here's what I got.

I called and spoke directly with some of the Pirelli Poindexters, they sent me this as a guideline. (Kinda cool, the flyer they sent is a NESBA flyer and I never mentioned anything about NESBA)

Link to .pdf here

I also asked a bunch of other questions, I am now the Pirelli expert with unreal amount of much sought after knowledge.

Muhahahaha!!!! Bow to me you mortals!!!! Muhahahaha!!!!
I saw this flyer last year posted on the Mid-Central tire change trailer. They specify these as cold pressures. Yet these are the hot pressures you and I were running last year at the suggestion of the Pirelli tire guys at the track. Did you mention anything in regards to that?

Erik
05 GSXR600
spyder84 is offline  
post #16 of 20 (permalink) Old 03-17-2008, 03:16 PM Thread Starter
I'm a blessed man
 
ronhix's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Aurora, IL
Posts: 3,707
Location: Aurora, IL
Sportbike: GSXR 1000
Years Riding: not long enough
How you found us: Sportbikes.net
           
Quote:
Originally Posted by spyder84 View Post
I saw this flyer last year posted on the Mid-Central tire change trailer. They specify these as cold pressures. Yet these are the hot pressures you and I were running last year at the suggestion of the Pirelli tire guys at the track. Did you mention anything in regards to that?
Yes I did.

Ron Hix
MTD CR #975
ronhix is offline  
post #17 of 20 (permalink) Old 03-17-2008, 03:24 PM
Failed rehab
 
Rob, Esq.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Indy
Posts: 14,908
Location: Indy
Sportbike: Striple
Years Riding: Dunno, awhile?
How you found us: DML
           
Send a message via AIM to Rob, Esq. Send a message via MSN to Rob, Esq.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ronhix View Post
Yes I did.
And ?

Spill it man! I'm very curious, especially after my folding and creasing supercorsa experience.

Attorney-at-Law: Doing my part to contribute to the downfall of western society.
Rob, Esq. is offline  
post #18 of 20 (permalink) Old 03-18-2008, 09:39 AM Thread Starter
I'm a blessed man
 
ronhix's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Aurora, IL
Posts: 3,707
Location: Aurora, IL
Sportbike: GSXR 1000
Years Riding: not long enough
How you found us: Sportbikes.net
           
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob View Post
And ?

Spill it man! I'm very curious, especially after my folding and creasing supercorsa experience.
I've been to the mountain, and I've tasted the Pirelli secrets. Bow to me you mortals!

Come to the seminar on Saturday to learn all the Pirelli secrets.

Ron Hix
MTD CR #975
ronhix is offline  
post #19 of 20 (permalink) Old 03-18-2008, 09:56 AM
Failed rehab
 
Rob, Esq.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Indy
Posts: 14,908
Location: Indy
Sportbike: Striple
Years Riding: Dunno, awhile?
How you found us: DML
           
Send a message via AIM to Rob, Esq. Send a message via MSN to Rob, Esq.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ronhix View Post
I've been to the mountain, and I've tasted the Pirelli secrets. Bow to me you mortals!

Come to the seminar on Saturday to learn all the Pirelli secrets.
You realize I'm some 250+ miles away, don't you?

I didn't want to know anyway, so

FTW!

Attorney-at-Law: Doing my part to contribute to the downfall of western society.
Rob, Esq. is offline  
post #20 of 20 (permalink) Old 03-18-2008, 11:00 AM Thread Starter
I'm a blessed man
 
ronhix's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Aurora, IL
Posts: 3,707
Location: Aurora, IL
Sportbike: GSXR 1000
Years Riding: not long enough
How you found us: Sportbikes.net
           

Ron Hix
MTD CR #975
ronhix is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Chicagoland Sportbikes forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome