Anyone Catch Monster Energy Cup? - Chicagoland Sportbikes
Chicagoland Sportbikes

Motorcycle Racing News. Forum specificly for racing news updates and standings.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 24 (permalink) Old 10-21-2013, 11:21 AM Thread Starter
Bug
Ridiculously Good Looking

Sportbike: Sportbike?
Years Riding: No F'in Idea
How you found us: 4 & 6

Anyone Catch Monster Energy Cup?

Some great racing the other night - Pumped that someone is up there and making RV2 work a bit too - The Joker Lane mishaps were CLASSIC and "Dirt Shark" needs to be getting Little Hanny laid every day for what he did for that kid - He got some damn good exposure last weekend - For a Stoner working for Monster with a Vid Camera, he is making something nice for himself - If he is smart, he could be the NFL Films of the MX/SX world............if he is smart.

Poor Feld.............get a new gate idea ladies - Fun to watch but that is 2 out of 3 years it has fucked up

"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming WOW, what a RIDE !!"
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 24 (permalink) Old 10-21-2013, 11:41 AM
Obsessed and Deranged

Sportbike: SV1000S
Years Riding: too many years
How you found us: dumb luck

I missed it but I hear bubba is still #1
post #3 of 24 (permalink) Old 10-21-2013, 11:59 AM
G2G

Sportbike: It changes everyday
Years Riding: since 1991
How you found us: Ur mom

Yeah I watched the last 2 races. I forgot to record it, some pretty good racing. Bubba is 100K richer!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 24 (permalink) Old 10-21-2013, 12:28 PM Thread Starter
Bug

Bubba did quite well and looked like Bubba of old............and not the crashing kind

If he can ride like that all season, SX will be great to watch as his battle with RV2 was one to watch

"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming WOW, what a RIDE !!"
post #5 of 24 (permalink) Old 10-21-2013, 02:05 PM
Obsessed and Deranged

FMOP bro
post #6 of 24 (permalink) Old 10-21-2013, 02:47 PM Thread Starter
Bug

Quote:
Originally Posted by elroy121 View Post
FMOP bro
Hahahaha - Stay Classy Bubba (his interviews are always entertaining)

Hate to even type it but he did look to have RV covered on that "Sprint Race" as it was only 10 Laps but every move RV made, Bubba snatched it back within 2 corners

I think Dungey is Gibenau to Vilpo as Rossi - Just a complete mind fuck and always coming up short

post #7 of 24 (permalink) Old 10-21-2013, 03:12 PM
Obsessed and Deranged

im gonna have to watch it, but you know I root for bubs whether he deservs it or not
post #8 of 24 (permalink) Old 10-21-2013, 03:18 PM
Pringles can user

Sportbike: 2005 YZ250
Years Riding: 1977
How you found us: Geo

best 2 up racing this season - where was canard? Bubba looked good so did roczen, i heard he just started with Aldon baker - give him 2 months with him and kroc is goona hurt some mofos!

DO YOU WANT TO BE A BETTER DIRT OR MX RIDER OR LEARN TO RIDE DIRT?

CLICK THE LINK!

http://www.club57mx.com/

Wiping my last dump was like cleaning Laffy Taffy off a hot car dashboard.
Doug Stanhope

Thanks to my Sponsors - Gaerne, Protaper, ScottUSA, MSR, Motomaster Brake systems, Faction MX, Sunline, Dr D, EVS, DECAL WORKS.
post #9 of 24 (permalink) Old 10-21-2013, 03:21 PM Thread Starter
Bug

Quote:
Originally Posted by tnat View Post
i heard he just started with Aldon baker
Does Baker normally split clients? - He has been full time with RV2 for years and I had no idea he had let him go? - Look what happened to Bubba when Aldon left to go to RV2

KROC is the real deal

post #10 of 24 (permalink) Old 10-21-2013, 03:46 PM
Pringles can user

Sportbike: 2005 YZ250
Years Riding: 1977
How you found us: Geo

hes working witj a bunch of them i guess.

DO YOU WANT TO BE A BETTER DIRT OR MX RIDER OR LEARN TO RIDE DIRT?

CLICK THE LINK!

http://www.club57mx.com/

Wiping my last dump was like cleaning Laffy Taffy off a hot car dashboard.
Doug Stanhope

Thanks to my Sponsors - Gaerne, Protaper, ScottUSA, MSR, Motomaster Brake systems, Faction MX, Sunline, Dr D, EVS, DECAL WORKS.
post #11 of 24 (permalink) Old 10-21-2013, 03:58 PM Thread Starter
Bug

Quote:
Originally Posted by tnat View Post
hes working witj a bunch of them i guess.
Baker is good, just like Ryan Hughes who is really stepping up his program and probably much more "cost effective" than Baker - I like "Ryno" as he raced himself, knows what these guys deal with and how to train them - Look what he did for Tomac in '13 Outdoor season

Baker knows his way around the pits and the gym and has a track record 2nd to none but I like Ryno's approach as he gets right in there with racers and trains with them too - kind of "if I can do i so can you" mentality

post #12 of 24 (permalink) Old 10-21-2013, 07:20 PM
Resident Slow guy

Sportbike: 250x_Dirtbike Triumph_Tripled_955i 90_H-D_Bagger CR80_Mini_Motard
Years Riding: Street_LOOOOOOONG_Time Track Backmarker
How you found us: Google

Send a message via AIM to Ohfugit
Was fun watching actual battles for the lead instead of one rider checking out right away.

RV looked like he was knocked out for a good while.

post #13 of 24 (permalink) Old 10-22-2013, 09:05 AM
BH

Sportbike: KTM
Years Riding: Long enough to get arm pump
How you found us: find who?

Send a message via Yahoo to BH
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bug View Post
Baker is good, just like Ryan Hughes who is really stepping up his program and probably much more "cost effective" than Baker - I like "Ryno" as he raced himself, knows what these guys deal with and how to train them - Look what he did for Tomac in '13 Outdoor season

Baker knows his way around the pits and the gym and has a track record 2nd to none but I like Ryno's approach as he gets right in there with racers and trains with them too - kind of "if I can do i so can you" mentality

Ryno is a former MX guy with a strength and conditioning cert. he's branded himself well, but he's not on the same level as an Aldon Baker.
post #14 of 24 (permalink) Old 10-22-2013, 09:08 AM Thread Starter
Bug

Quote:
Originally Posted by BH View Post
Ryno is a former MX guy with a strength and conditioning cert. he's branded himself well, but he's not on the same level as an Aldon Baker.
Not yet, he just started - I like the way he knows how to train as he has been there on track and racing himself and he gets in there and works out with the client - Shows them and does it with them

post #15 of 24 (permalink) Old 10-22-2013, 09:40 AM
BH

Quote:
Shows them and does it with them
which is fine if you're going for a bike ride or doing some half-assed effort circuit training. anything beyond that, the client isn't getting much out of paying for a trainer, other than having a workout partner.

Baker = pro trainer
Hughes = bro trainer

post #16 of 24 (permalink) Old 10-22-2013, 10:03 AM Thread Starter
Bug

Quote:
which is fine if you're going for a bike ride or doing some half-assed effort circuit training. anything beyond that, the client isn't getting much out of paying for a trainer, other than having a workout partner.

Baker = pro trainer
Hughes = bro trainer

Discipline that they would not normally have - Someone who shows up at their door everyday and makes them get out of bed - That is 95% of it - The other 5% is exercises tailored to their development

I look at it this way and this the results speak for themselves - With the bikes being faster and the days of the "Party on Sat and Race on Sun and then go fuck off for a week" being over and contracts containing more $$, these guys are being tasked to be in shape 100% of the time or not make the big $$

Stewart - Had Baker, won titles, dropped him, lost titles
Vilpo - No trainer, not tiles, picked up Baker, won everything
Tomac - No titles, picked up Ryno, won the outdoors and rode the best he ever has
Dungey - No trainer and only won titles when the rest of the field is out

Last edited by Bug; 10-22-2013 at 10:06 AM.
post #17 of 24 (permalink) Old 10-22-2013, 11:36 AM
BH

forgetting all of RV's lites titles?

Dungey actually has a pretty good program - or he at least knows how to talk a good game. just read an article not too long ago where he was talking about the importance of nutrition and metabolic conditioning. how many of the top MX guys know what glycogen stores are?

could an Aldon Baker push him that little extra bit? who knows.
post #18 of 24 (permalink) Old 10-22-2013, 01:13 PM Thread Starter
Bug

Quote:
forgetting all of RV's lites titles?
Not at all but you and I both know that Shortened SX Seasons on littles and longer SX seasons on Big Bikes are 2 different worlds - Also, the same with the power of the 450 in the outdoors - RV came into his own over the past 4 years and that was right when Stewie let his ego get the best of him and Baker's contract expire - Baker is a cycling & endurance coach - What I like about Ryno is the in the gym workouts that he takes part in - I think that can go a long way for someone like a Marvin M or Kenny R or Cooper W who are still like 20 and under in age and need that guidance and push

post #19 of 24 (permalink) Old 10-22-2013, 01:39 PM
BH

Baker doesn't just do endurance. strength and nutrition is a big part of what he's bringing to these guys programs. Hughes focuses a lot on nutrition too.
post #20 of 24 (permalink) Old 10-22-2013, 02:23 PM Thread Starter
Bug

Quote:
Baker doesn't just do endurance. strength and nutrition is a big part of what he's bringing to these guys programs. Hughes focuses a lot on nutrition too.
I am sure he has expanded his program and I did not read up on him until Vilpo picked him up and the article I read said he was an Endurance and Cycling Coach and then went on to list his many accomplishments - Dude has made a name for himself and done quite well at it and I hope Ryno can do the same

post #21 of 24 (permalink) Old 10-22-2013, 02:55 PM Thread Starter
Bug

All this talk about training and racing makes me miss the Dirt even more - FUCK i wanna jump shit, crash and then when my lack of talent is completely exposed.........blame it on the bike

There is a large part of me that wants to say fuck it and just go get a 125 2T an go to town - Then the 40+ in me says, "Embrace your age and get a 350 KTM 4T"

But this shit just makes my nipple hard

post #22 of 24 (permalink) Old 10-22-2013, 04:30 PM
lust for bikes!

Sportbike: a prostitute
Years Riding: a prostitute
How you found us: a prostitute

um weimer had baker and did worse.

"Why are all these people here? There are too many people on this earth. We need a new plague…"

"Thats it, nobody gets out of here alive."

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRobbins View Post
I agree completely with Steve (nouseforaname)
post #23 of 24 (permalink) Old 10-22-2013, 04:40 PM Thread Starter
Bug

Quote:
Originally Posted by nouseforaname View Post
um weimer had baker and did worse.
Did he have him or was he #2 to RV's #1? - I think RV invited JW to come down and ride and Train but Baker was getting paid by RV if I understood it correctly - Also, I think RV may have negotiated that into his Contract from Kawi so Kawi might have kicked in a bit more to have JW attend the RV trainings at his place in Fla

post #24 of 24 (permalink) Old 10-22-2013, 06:05 PM
lust for bikes!

Sportbike: a prostitute
Years Riding: a prostitute
How you found us: a prostitute

Quote:
Did he have him or was he #2 to RV's #1? - I think RV invited JW to come down and ride and Train but Baker was getting paid by RV if I understood it correctly - Also, I think RV may have negotiated that into his Contract from Kawi so Kawi might have kicked in a bit more to have JW attend the RV trainings at his place in Fla
jw tried to step up and follow the same regiment along side rv with aldon. the truth of the matter is rv is successful because of his mental fortitude. its something that cannot be taught. its that confidence that makes all the difference at this level. he has a sense of belonging that is unrivaled at the moment. if he can stay healthy he will be almost unstoppable.

glad to see james up there again, but the difference is that was a short race...

"Why are all these people here? There are too many people on this earth. We need a new plague…"

"Thats it, nobody gets out of here alive."

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRobbins View Post
I agree completely with Steve (nouseforaname)

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chicagoland Sportbikes forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode