Chicagoland Sportbike Forums banner

Which One?

934 views 12 replies 5 participants last post by  kblack 
#1 · (Edited)
#3 ·
#5 ·
sorry about that, looks liky Oly is 15x optical as well.

In general though, I would trust canon over any other brand, especially for point & shoot digital cameras.
The Canon one I suggested has a lot more reviews for you to look over as well.

#6 ·
IDK - Oly and Panasonic started the super-zoom camera craze and have been pretty good at it.

Though, I know nothing of either of those so I would naturally go with the 30x version. More is better, right?

#7 ·
More is more $, too, lol. I was just wondering if it was worth it. Also, the 30x has a rechargable battery, while the 15x takes actual old school batteries, and I'd rather have the rechargable. The 30x has 2gb of internal memory, but I think everything else is pretty much the same.

From reading the reviews, two things concern me because I don't know much about cameras...

1) someone in the review said the 30x didn't have an electronic view thingie... and I'm thinking that's when the picture of what you want to take shows up on the screen? Also called 'live view'? If it doesn't have that, then I don't want it. lol I came from the generation that doesn't look through the little hole.

2) reviews say the movie recording isn't great on either, you can't zoom, etc., which, if true, wouldn't be useful in the way we need it to be, kid's school concerts, etc.

I was hoping that someone could make sense of the photo-speak for me. lol

#8 ·
1 - electronic view finder is just a digital version of the old school film camera optical view finder found on all film cameras. You'll still see the picture on the 3" LCD before you take it, just not through a view finder.

2 - most digi camera's can not zoom in movie mode, but some can. They also record at any zoom setting but you can't change the zoom setting once you start recording.

#9 · (Edited)
#10 ·
Ordered the 30x. I went to wolf camera and played with the 15x. It's a really nice camera. We had Nikons and Sonys out as well. When I told the lady helping me what I could get the 30x for with my discount through work she told me to go get it, hands down.

Thanks, everyone, for your help and suggestions! :)

#12 ·
lol

It's ok. :)

He's good. He's away at training. He's been gone three weeks, and he'll be back on the third of July. I've gotten a few letters, and he's doing very well there. Proud wifey here. :D

Between school and the kids he's had very few free days. lol I know he can't wait to get back out there, though.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.