Lens for sale: Nikon F-mount - Chicagoland Sportbikes
Chicagoland Sportbikes

Photographers Corner This forum is specifically for talk about camera's and photography. question about a camera or how to get that perfect shot post it here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 1 (permalink) Old 09-16-2007, 02:40 PM Thread Starter

Sportbike: 2004 GSXR750 (street/track), 2003 ZX6R 636 (track)
Years Riding: I think Im on my 3rd now
How you found us: From other web forums (SBN, NESBA)

Lens for sale: Nikon F-mount

Hey there everyone. I am not sure if I should be posting this here, or if I should be putting this in the "Non motorcycle related items wanted or for sale" forum. So if the moderators feel this is in the wrong place, please move it as required.

Anyways, I have a "like new" Tamron 70-300 F4-5.6 zoom lens in a Nikon mount for sale. I say "like new" but it could almost be mistaken for brand new if you didn't know any better. I am selling it because I have not used the lens in almost 6 months, and it is taking up space in my already crowded camera bag. It takes nice photographs, is very light weight, is compact (for 300mm), and I have never had any troubles with the lens at any time. While it is not the fastest to focus, I blame some of this to the weak focusing motor on my D50, it still gets the shots when I need them. I used to use this lens as my "sports" lens, but after purchasing another lens to replace this one, I just rarely pull this one out of the bag anymore.

This lens will fit any Nikon camera with a F-mount, and works with both full frame and DX cropped bodies. I would not recommend this lens for someone with a D40 as it will be manual focus only. For all other bodies with a screw drive motor in the body, this lens will auto focus. It has a "Macro" focusing ability, though it is only 1:2 and not a true 1:1 macro lens. But at full 300mm zoom it can focus as close as 1 meter away. Thats pretty darn close focusing.

Anyways, if you would like to read a review on the lens, you can read a good one here:

http://www.photozone.de/8Reviews/len...ntax/index.htm

The lens will come in its original packaging and I will throw in the Tiffen UV filter I have had on it since day one. No scratches on anything. Everything is in 100% original working condition. I guarantee this lens to perform as new, and if it for some reason does not, Ill let you return it back to me.

I am asking for the bargain price of $140 + shipping (if required) for the lens and filter, all in their original packaging, all in mint condition. Thats cheaper than you can find this lens on Ebay for. So if you want an inexpensive, yet fairly nice zoom lens, this one is for you.

Here are some pictures of the product, and 2 pictures taken with the lens:

Tom DeCoste aka "Tommy Tarmac"
Nesba #611 Advanced
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chicagoland Sportbikes forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode