Photo Contest #1
Just a trial run to see how many become interested in doing this. But the idea is to think of nice and simple ideas for competing and post them. Now that we're post bike show and hopefully warm days are not too far off, I feel more motivated to shoot and maybe some others are as well. I took this idea from DPReview since it's done weekly in many of the sub-forums there. So let's see if it flies here with a trial run...maybe do this for a month or two till we're back on the bikes?
R U L E S:
- The host gives you a topic of interest and you get going. You post ONE image (only first image by one person will be judged) that is relevant to the challenger theme. You can change your image as many times as you like before the deadline.
- The host chooses a winner *AND* runner-up after closing. The decision of the judge (the Host!) is final. The judge is *not* eligible. The winner then chooses the next topic, tells everyone when the photo's must be posted by (give some reasonable amount of time like a week), runs the challenge, judges the winner and passes on the baton to that person. Winner/Host, please post a reasonable topic that someone who's not a pro photographer can be a part of. Remember it's not just cool shots, but the story that can be told for some.
- If the winner fails to post a new challenge within 48 hours of being declared the winner then the runner-up should post the new challenge within a further 24 hours.
- Any picture you've taken is eligible regardless of time taken and camera it was taken with. You can do all the post processing you want. However, it is most helpful if you list your camera, lens and exposure info along with your photo.
- All levels welcome. If you don't have the best lens or just a plain old pocket camera but your shot tells a wonderful story then there's no reason you can't win! This is about overall photo's and their story, not just about expensive equipment.
- Feel free to comment on other contestant's images. If you want someone to leave you a piece of constructive criticism, ask for it...after all we are here to learn too and practice.
- Provide any additional information concerning your entry you want. Explaining how the shot might relate to the topic could help too.
- Winner/Host, please copy and paste these rules into the topic and thread that you post because some might start doing contests later and miss the first one.
Last edited by BIGGY; 02-12-2008 at 03:19 PM.