The Halo hides my Horns
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Bolingbrook, IL
Location: Bolingbrook, IL
Years Riding: 1 year
How you found us: Google
Offical Photo Challenge #9 Macro/Detail Due 04/30/08
R U L E S:- The host gives you a topic of interest and you get going. You post ONE image (only first image by one person will be judged) that is relevant to the challenger theme. You can change your image as many times as you like before the deadline.
- The host chooses a winner *AND* runner-up after closing. The decision of the judge (the Host!) is final. The judge is *not* eligible. The winner then chooses the next topic, tells everyone when the photo's must be posted by (give some reasonable amount of time like a week), runs the challenge, judges the winner and passes on the baton to that person. Winner/Host, please post a reasonable topic that someone who's not a pro photographer can be a part of. Remember it's not just cool shots, but the story that can be told for some.
- If the winner fails to post a new challenge within 48 hours of being declared the winner then the runner-up should post the new challenge within a further 24 hours.
- Any picture you've taken is eligible regardless of time taken and camera it was taken with. You can do all the post processing you want. However, it is most helpful if you list your camera, lens and exposure info along with your photo.
- All levels welcome. If you don't have the best lens or just a plain old pocket camera but your shot tells a wonderful story then there's no reason you can't win! This is about overall photo's and their story, not just about expensive equipment.
- Feel free to comment on other contestant's images. If you want someone to leave you a piece of constructive criticism, ask for it...after all we are here to learn too and practice.
- Provide any additional information concerning your entry you want. Explaining how the shot might relate to the topic could help too.
- Winner/Host, please copy and paste these rules into the topic and thread that you post because some might start doing contests later and miss the first one.
(I'm abolishing the silly "no camera-phone pics" rule; a camera is a camera. But if the photo looks like a fuzzy picture of dirt underwater, you probably aren't going to win.)
Official Photo Challenge #9 Topic: Macro/Detail
Inspired by Tony's fantastic Ducati dash photo of his project bike, this weeks photo challenge is going to be all about Macro/Detail. That leaves you wide open to do whatever you want, as long as it's got detail and/or closeup/macro style photography, it's fair game!
Please keep in mind, I judge on technical skill as well as emotional content of an image. Whatever really make me go WOW! the most in both aspects, is gonna take the challenge! So be on your game with these shots! If you aren't sure what I mean here, ASK!
Note: You do not *need* a macro lens to do macro/detail shots, that's why I left this open to "detail" as well as macro. For those who have never used the macro setting on your P&S camera (the flower icon), now is the time to try it out! I'm absolutely open to offering suggestions and guidance if someone wants some Macro tips, and if you have a Nikon SLR I'll even go as far as lending you one of my many Macro lenses for the challenge!
Please feel free to post as many photos as you want, but clearly state which one is your submission!!
Due Date: 4/30/2008 <---- Next Bike Night to help you remember
Good luck all, and remember, this is a fun challenge, so ENJOY YOURSELVES!