Chicagoland Sportbike Forums banner

October 21st Grattan Raceway Rollcall

2K views 43 replies 20 participants last post by  Insomniac 
#1 ·
Anyone going? I won a free track day for this and it will be my first time at this track. I have some questions if anyone can help me?

Does it make sense to get a hotel there the night before, or do most people camp like they do at BH Farms in Beloit?
If hotel is the way to go, where do you recommend that is close to the track.

Thanks.

#5 ·
I mite try and make this depending on the weather. My bike mite be back together by then. Personally I have never had a problem with the sealer Grattan uses, I think "The Sealer" is stickier than the pavement below it. Go for a track walk at Grattan next time you go. The sealer is actually this gritty pavement/contrete mix. Grattan Kicks ass repaved or not.

I usually sleep in my van outside the track and save my money for fuel and tires.

#6 ·
I usually sleep in my van outside the track and save my money for fuel and tires.
So we can go in on say Saturday the 20th and then just bed down in the SUV for the night to then get up for the track day I have on the 21st. That will work.

Thanks man.

#11 ·
I'm in.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.