Chicagoland Sportbike Forums banner

need a little help..

701 views 21 replies 6 participants last post by  Vcook 
#1 ·
im trying to take the clutch out on my xr50 so i can install the high volume oil pump. has any one done this before that can give me some pointers?

#7 ·
See those Philips head screws, You need to Find a Screwdriver that fits them EXACTLY. they are tighter than a muffugger. Last itme we did it Craftsman screwdrivers fit it perfect. You dont want to strip those! Get the screw driver in there, put an assload of pressure on it and use a wrench to break them loose.

#12 ·
you think those clutch screws are tight, you should try to remove the screws from the stator plate on the other side of the motor. incredible. the crazy part is they arent really in that tight, the tolerances are just perfect so they fit together fricken perfect. This is one of the many reasons why the honda bottom end is so good, japanese quality.

#21 ·
haha good eye. after i cleaned up i put the kick start on and the body work and fired it up. that thing has a TON of compression now. its almost hard to kick over. it fired right up and ran good.

i need to reset the valve lash, my feeler gauge is to wide and will not give me an accurate reading.

Vcook thanks for talking me out of buyn a pos motor that would have probably caused me trouble down the road and for all the info. rep on the way!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.