Oh, how I wish I had leftovers from last night, but my friends left nothing uneaten
This turned out soooo good, yogurt marinade is incredible. I found the Indian spice pack at Woodman's but I bet most specialty grocers should have something similar.
3-4 large skinless boneless chicken breasts
1 green bell pepper
1 red bell pepper
1 yellow bell pepper
3 sweet onions
1 cup basmati rice
1 Package Shan Tandoori Chicken BBQ Mix
1 1/2 cups unsweetened plain yogurt
1/2 cup butter
1/4 cup olive oil
1/4 cup white vinegar
1 tablespoon cumin
1 tablespoon cayenne pepper
1 tablespoon ground allspice
1 pinch salt and pepper
○ Whip yogurt in mixing bowl and mix in fresh squeezed lemon juice, slightly warmed butter, and Tandoori spice mix.
○ Cube chicken breast and mix into marinade. Let sit overnight.
○ Mix olive oil and spices in another mixing bowl.
○ Cut up peppers and onions and add to marinade, letting sit for a couple hours
○ Skewer, alternating chicken and vegetables.
Grill on medium-high heat for ~15 minutes, rotating a few times. Serve with steamed basmati rice.