What would EMR do?? It's dear Abby on acid

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 18 (permalink) Old 09-04-2009, 11:29 AM Thread Starter
Make my day!!!!!

Sportbike: Looking at a shiny Huffy!
Years Riding: 20+ yrs.
How you found us: member

Relationships make you weak!!!!!!!

First off a little history. I have been married and divorced and have kids. In my lifetime I have been in short relationships along with long relationships.

I don't get the kill myself, stalk you, crawl in a corner and cry all day mentality. I am sure someone will say I haven't truely loved someone. I would disagree. I have watched them walk because I couldn't make them happy. Tried my best but couldn't. I loved them enough to let them go so they could find someone to make them happy. Once they are gone I don't care who they are dating or sleeping with. Big deal. Yes it might hurt a little on the inside to see it but not enough to throw my life away. Why do people use facebook or myspace or friends or locations to keep track of X's. I don't get it. If X talks to people why does that end up in a catfight, fist fight, or verbal confrontation. I don't get it.

If my mate decides to leave I am the type to say ok see ya! Don't get me wrong relationships are work and I am more than willing to put in the effort but if it goes past that to good bye then I will be the one happy and flyin solo!

So WTF am I crazy, stupid or just excentric?

Living life! Because before you know it it is over!

Joe

FACEBOOK
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 18 (permalink) Old 09-04-2009, 11:37 AM
^^^Bad for your hearing

Sportbike: 2007 gsxr 600
Years Riding: Long enough to know theres alot more i have to learn in this sport
How you found us: heard from a member

Send a message via AIM to streetracin1820
your none of the above buddy. Yea relationships are work any normal human knows that. But i for one give you props on being able to check the ego and emotions and let someone walk away so they can be happy. and yet not go be so hurt as not to be able to move on. as not many can do that.

you should ask your self this. when said person walks way do you actually deal with it and move on or just hide from the emotions. if your answer is A. then your a strong man.

Keep on riding buddy

Everyone needs a healthy way to relax, mine Church, and two wheels, a stretch of winding road, and a pipe loud enough to give me headaches and make squirrels explode. (Fixed curtousey of PWRMAD)

Nothing is impossible the second we say ill try your already admiting you can be defeated, and the second you say i cant or its to hard youve already failed.
post #3 of 18 (permalink) Old 09-04-2009, 11:43 AM
B.O.B

Sportbike: 'nana.
Years Riding: Look at my join date, ruh-tard.
How you found us: SBN?

Send a message via AIM to EndlessRR
Quote:
Originally Posted by wingit View Post
First off a little history. I have been married and divorced and have kids. In my lifetime I have been in short relationships along with long relationships.

I don't get the kill myself, stalk you, crawl in a corner and cry all day mentality. I am sure someone will say I haven't truely loved someone. I would disagree. I have watched them walk because I couldn't make them happy. Tried my best but couldn't. I loved them enough to let them go so they could find someone to make them happy. Once they are gone I don't care who they are dating or sleeping with. Big deal. Yes it might hurt a little on the inside to see it but not enough to throw my life away. Why do people use facebook or myspace or friends or locations to keep track of X's. I don't get it. If X talks to people why does that end up in a catfight, fist fight, or verbal confrontation. I don't get it.

If my mate decides to leave I am the type to say ok see ya! Don't get me wrong relationships are work and I am more than willing to put in the effort but if it goes past that to good bye then I will be the one happy and flyin solo!

You're doing the right thing. I hate people (especially guys) that dwell on their ex's. It's a waste of time and energy and in the end, you're the one assed out because she's probably out getting 3 holed by Tiger Hood, Bubba Jenkins, and Bug.

IMO, being friends with ex's is bad news.

Quote:
Originally Posted by G2G
No one says you have to get drunk everytime you drink.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snoodles
Isn't that like having sex and not finishing though?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 18 (permalink) Old 09-04-2009, 11:49 AM
Feed Me a Stray Cat

Sportbike: 2014 Honda Grom
Years Riding: Not long enough.
How you found us: Co-Worker

Send a message via AIM to Myles
+1 the ex is an ex. If they continue to try and remain friends run for the hills. It'll only lead to relapse. As far as dwelling it depends on how much of a rut they put you in. I'd say there's definitely different levels. Cheating, debt, stole your dog and ran off with your twin brother.

-Myles-
2014 Honda Grom
2000 Suzuki SV650 *SOLD*
1991 Mitsubishi Galant VR4 1929/2000 *SOLD*
post #5 of 18 (permalink) Old 09-04-2009, 12:04 PM

Sportbike: A couple
Years Riding: too long to have any sense
How you found us: NESBA

I'm in the same mode as you Wingit. What really gets me is that 10 or 15 years later, they come back and want to start things up again. WTF? It's happened twice now, and I turned both down. No need for repeat drama.

Craig
post #6 of 18 (permalink) Old 09-04-2009, 12:06 PM

Sportbike: Working on it...
Years Riding: Hmm... let me see....
How you found us: Google

Relationships don't make you weak.... if you learn from the failures and successes, you will only grow stronger.

Good luck and yes, I concur... an ex is an ex for a reason... would you use a life boat that is breaks once again?

The real art of conversation is not only to say the right thing at the right time, but also to leave unsaid the wrong thing at the tempting moment.

R.I.P. Ashwin
post #7 of 18 (permalink) Old 09-04-2009, 12:16 PM
Slower Traffic Keep Right

Sportbike: '06 Suzuki GSXR-750 (Track); '11 HD Electra Glide (Road Sofa)
Years Riding: 30+ yrs total
How you found us: A friend at NESBA

You're only weak if you throw the pictures out before posting them on some p0rn revenge site. It's also not a bad idea to try and keep contact with your ex's so that there a shot for some Ex Sex. No bullshit involved, just showing up and taking care of what you both want.

Midwest Track Day CR #130
NESBA 130-Control Rider (Former Midwest Region)
STT "A" 130
Track: 2006 GSXR-750
Street: 2011 H-D Ultra Limited (Road Sofa)

www.MidwestTrackDay.com / www.MidwestTrackDay.motorsportreg.com / www.facebook.com/midwesttrackday

http://militarysignatures.com/signatures/member6419.png
post #8 of 18 (permalink) Old 09-04-2009, 02:10 PM
Move along

Sportbike: 08 GSXR 600
Years Riding: Day after yesterday
How you found us: referred

Send a message via AIM to Eugene
Quote:

I'm the same way. If you aren't happy with me, there is the door. Sure it stings, but it is what it is and no sense in dwelling or whatever you want to call it on the issue. How long you have been together also plays a factor on how much you think of her still and how the relationship was until the end. Friends with Ex's is usually not a good idea at first, but they can become friends later at least that is how I view it.

You can't take the hurt and bad experience you had with your previous relationships into your new one as it will only make the new one fail inevitably. Focus on yourself first before getting into another relationship otherwise you will take all that bad experience with you and use that to "control" the new one in a way because of the insecurities or fear of being hurt again therefor tryingn to change the person you get into a new relationship with.

As far as stalking people online well that's why you have the option to lock down your profile.

Xbox Live: BrBGot2Pee
post #9 of 18 (permalink) Old 09-04-2009, 03:39 PM Thread Starter
Make my day!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by streetracin1820 View Post
your none of the above buddy. Yea relationships are work any normal human knows that. But i for one give you props on being able to check the ego and emotions and let someone walk away so they can be happy. and yet not go be so hurt as not to be able to move on. as not many can do that.

you should ask your self this. when said person walks way do you actually deal with it and move on or just hide from the emotions. if your answer is A. then your a strong man.

Keep on riding buddy
I am definately an A answer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Esme View Post
Relationships don't make you weak.... if you learn from the failures and successes, you will only grow stronger.

Good luck and yes, I concur... an ex is an ex for a reason... would you use a life boat that is breaks once again?
yes you can grow stronger if you learn from the experience. What I am really getting at is the people who break down over a break up. The people who say "They are my life". That is BS!

As far as rekindling an X....... Kinda like the lottery it could happen but hardly ever does. I do think if it is good break up you can remain friends.

Joe

FACEBOOK
post #10 of 18 (permalink) Old 09-04-2009, 03:40 PM Thread Starter
Make my day!!!!!

Oh BTW I am not having any EX issues. Just came out of a discussion with co-workers.

Joe

FACEBOOK
post #11 of 18 (permalink) Old 09-04-2009, 03:54 PM
vroom vroom

Sportbike: '05 Z750S
Years Riding: 10 yrs
How you found us: Katanaplanet

Where the hell is that evil monkey? No EMR response yet?

-Mike
post #12 of 18 (permalink) Old 09-04-2009, 04:24 PM

Sportbike: drz400sm
Years Riding: yes
How you found us: search engine

Quote:
Originally Posted by stkr View Post
You're only weak if you throw the pictures out before posting them on some p0rn revenge site. It's also not a bad idea to try and keep contact with your ex's so that there a shot for some Ex Sex. No bullshit involved, just showing up and taking care of what you both want.
you're awesome jim............... defendantly pimp status yo

post #13 of 18 (permalink) Old 02-22-2010, 06:42 PM

Sportbike: lots
Years Riding: all of them
How you found us: grasshopper

Emr?

Gus
We offer three kinds of service @ Resurrection
GOOD - CHEAP - FAST
You can pick any two
GOOD service CHEAP won't be FAST
GOOD service FAST won't be CHEAP
FAST service CHEAP won't be GOOD
and cold beer.

I'd love to help but I don't chase parts.
Please contact other forum members and supporters for parts.
post #14 of 18 (permalink) Old 02-22-2010, 07:07 PM
YO MAMA

Sportbike: 2010 Electra Glide Police Edition 103cu
Years Riding: a long time!

Joe I have known you long enough to know , NO you can't totally connect mind and soul with a women. For that reason it fails eventually they see this Joe and call it quites or you walk like it's nothing.

Sorry bro but you asked.

post #15 of 18 (permalink) Old 02-22-2010, 07:21 PM
Hot-Wire Her With A Pin

Sportbike: Blue Mini Cooper
Years Riding: Done for now
How you found us: Bad weather bikers

Send a message via Yahoo to Paladin
Re: Relationships make you weak!!!!!!!

Forum rules I thought only EMR could reply first.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bug View Post
I will sock ya square in your snot locker if you EVER use the term "Bron Bron" in my presence - BAHLEEDAT
post #16 of 18 (permalink) Old 02-22-2010, 08:51 PM
Orgynizer

Sportbike: 07 600RR
Years Riding: 8 years
How you found us: ......................

Hey Joe....where you been???

Shelly
STT Northern Promotions Coordinator
post #17 of 18 (permalink) Old 02-23-2010, 05:26 PM
Enjoying Life!!

Sportbike: 09 Night Rod Black Denim
Years Riding: Not Long Enuff!!!!
How you found us: Friends

I'm sick of following my dreams. I'm just going to ask them where they're goin', and hook up with them later!!
post #18 of 18 (permalink) Old 02-23-2010, 05:51 PM
CLSB's Jesus Lover

Sportbike: 05 ninja scooter, 07 baby gixxer yes a blue and white one
Years Riding: i like turtles so i cant drink orange juice anymore
How you found us: google

Quote:

I don't get the kill myself, stalk you, crawl in a corner and cry all day mentality.

the kill myself, stalking is because some people get addicted to the other person i think. and then they have control issues which is a total illusion.

are you crazy? NO---you're mentally and emotionally healthy in dealing with things this way.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chicagoland Sportbikes forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode