Chicagoland Sportbike Forums banner

Competed in first fight last night

2K views 62 replies 21 participants last post by  bwa 
#1 ·
and LOST by decision. :( But I have to say that next to riding a motorcycle, nothing makes you feel more alive then getting the shit beat out of you and returning the favor back to your opponent. It was AWESOME!!!

I took this fight on 2 days notice (actually, I was forced by my trainer to take this fight :laughing: ). Not to mention that I train mostly in Muay Thai and this was a boxing match. But before I start competing in Muay Thai events, my trainer wanted me to get my feet wet and compete in Boxing events first. This way I get the feel of fighting in front of a crowd and with boxing, the only thing I have to worry about are the punches whereas in Muay Thai I have to worry about punches, elbows, knees, and kicks.

Anyhoo, now I have to explain to everyone here in the office why my left eye is bruised and why the other one is bloodshot! I have another fight in February followed by my first Muay Thai fight in April. Wish me luck!!!

Reactions: Blah Blah Blah
#4 ·
Thanks Rick, yeah there were times that I've wanted to quit but after popping my cherry last night, I'm motivated to keep doing this!

#5 ·
Yes. My fight last night was at the Carlisle right across from Yorktown mall. It was a private event, a realtor convention of all things, and we fought in front of them.

#9 ·
Will do Ron and I'll do the same for your races! I'm doing trackdays for the first time this year and it looks like you are a NESBA CR so hopefully you can show me a few things!

#10 ·
Sounds scary lol. I talk a lotta shit about fighting and kicking ass, but i'm sure once i step in the ring, i'll prolly faint before the bell rings.:laughing:

+4 on watching.

#13 ·
Bro, believe it or not my trainer is Flip and so are 4 of his fighters. I'm still a novice but the other 3 kick ass.

#14 ·
Top Notch.

#21 ·
Fighter huh? - I will start being nicer to you

#29 ·
OMG YES!!!! I love to clinch and that was taken away from me.

#31 ·
AWESOME!

Very cool man. I've been wanting to do the same for a long time but haven't gotten off my ass on it. I miss the USMC days when we'd do this sort of shit for fun, so I can relate to the rush and "feeling alive" sensation that fighting gives you.

+11 (are we on 11?) on coming out to watch and support.

Reactions: BH
#36 ·
wow dood, def lemme know about your next fight, ill support ya.

Reactions: ENutz
#38 ·
will do brotha. i'll let you know.

#42 ·
yes and they were HAWT!!!! especially the blonde with the nice ass.

#43 ·
Awesome. I'm in for the next fight. Take some 2x4s and bang them against your shins. You will need rock hard shins for Muy Thai. I can chop down a coconut tree with just my shins. True story.

#45 ·
I think for amateur comp, we use shin pads but it still hurts. yeah i really need to toughen up my shins. i've been kicking the banana bag which is nearly rock hard to toughen my shins. been kicking tires gently until i build up a tolerance for the pain.

dude you did muay thai right? lethwai?

#47 ·
Erwin, before every fight, you must do the Van Damme splits on 2 chairs to make your Chi stronger. it's a secret weapon of the ninjas that have been handed down from generation to generation. It works.

#50 ·
:lmao: :lmao: Nuk Soo Kow or something like that!!!! :spit :spit

#62 ·
BJ Penn apparently is part Korean as well.

His nickname "B.J." is short for "Baby Jay", as he is the youngest of his male siblings named "Jay Dee Penn".[6] He has 4 brothers: Jay, Jaydee, Reagan and Kalani.[7] [8] Penn's mother, Lorraine Shin, is a 3rd generation Korean-American.[1]

#63 ·
Right on man, ya gotta get someone to take pics/vids ;)

They got Tae Kwon Do Club led by Korean Air Force, and MMA Club led by Japanese military here in the desert, I've been wanting to join one of them, but bastards have their training sessions right in the middle of my sleep time :bangin

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.