Chicagoland Sportbike Forums banner

What's your preference for organizing music?

457 views 5 replies 3 participants last post by  PolishPete 
#1 ·
Just picked up a 2TB external hard drive, so figure I might as well get all my music off the main PC, and get it organized. For the most part I've used iTunes, but never really to its full potential. Just enough to get songs I want onto my iTouch for road trips, and that's it.

Any preference other than iTunes, or simply stick with it and call it a day?

#3 ·
Thanks.

Without DLing it yet, I'm assuming I cut/paste all my music to the external HD, then install this tag program onto the HD, run it, and I'm good to go, or are there any tips/tricks you recommend?

Or do I install this on my regular computer, and when the HD is plugged in it will recognize and match up?

#5 ·
I have tried a few and iTunes just does all I need - I have a MASSIVE X Drive but run it through iTunes as it sorts the way I like - I personal create "Playlists" to organize all my shit

#6 ·
Thanks folks.

Really just looking to have all the music organized. (I know, that says a lot).

I use my iTouch on occasion. I've got SD cards in my car, and for the most part copy/paste music from my computer to my SD cards, to play in my car. All my music is pretty much in one folder. Guess I would like to split things up so it's easy to find what I'm looking for. Also, a lot of the songs are single songs, not full albums. So some folders within the folder have like 100 random songs in them, and I'd like to get everything organized.

Might take me a while, but I'm thinking maybe iTunes is my best bet for that simple need?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.