Chicagoland Sportbike Forums banner

Any local shops that sell magnets ?

1K views 19 replies 10 participants last post by  new2r1 
#1 ·
I am looking to convert my strap mount tank bag into a magnetic tankbag and was wondering if any local shops like Hobby Lobby etc sell disc magnets ?

#2 ·
#11 ·
I just have to put in a plug here for the official online mad science warehouse, United Nuclear. The ones you probably want (2 x 1/4") are around $18 there.

They also sell death ray parts, uranium, and caffeinated soap, just in case you needed something to do over the weekend.

#12 ·
Cool beans! My death ray took a crap last week and
I needed parts.:lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao:

#14 ·
so you gave up fried chicken?:lmao:

#16 ·
I think those are usually neodymium magnets, too. My brother has a couple on his refrigerator: they're crescent shaped, so maybe a little hard to work with, but very strong, definitely in the "finger-eating" category.

#18 ·
I gutted a bunch of hard drives today. I have good news and bad news.

The good news is I have about a dozen magnets. The bad news is, they seems to be impossible to get off the metal mounts. I shattered one magnet and cut-up my hand trying to get one off the mount. Usually they just pop right off when you whack it with a screw driver.

The magnet part is the crescent that's held in place with pins.

They are here if you want them, otherwise they go to the recycler on Wednesday.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.