Chicagoland Sportbike Forums banner

Passing yet stalked

1K views 11 replies 11 participants last post by  HDTony 
#1 ·
So I passed a vehicle doig 30 in a 35 on a non passig strip. Immediately after I parked my bike, did some grocery shopping.

20 mins later, I leave the grocer, a cop pulls up while I'm sitting at the light. I look back, eye contact, he's running my plates. Light changes, I immediately pull into the nearest lot, his lights illuminate.

I get pulled over for something in the advanced morning. I get citation.
Is this legit?

#3 ·
+1 - Enlighten please

#6 ·
Fight it, if you were wearing a helmet, how can they prove it was even you. Unless a citizens arrest was being done, I beleve the officer has to see it.

Personally I would tell him/her to their face it is a bullshit ticket, and do something worthy of a citation.

#8 ·
Unless he saw you do the violation but couldnt pull you over in time before you in the store (ie it wasnt safe to try and catch up with you to effect the traffic stop etc..) and was waiting for you when you got out. I dont know...did you ask the cop? I would ask him what he observed and where. You can take your chance with fighting anything in court. I cant promise what will or vwill not work but you can keep your fingers crossed that maybe he doesnt recall the incident at court.

#10 ·
Do not admit to anything ever. Just take the piece of paper and thank them for their time.

If another person called in the plate, that alone does not stand up in court... It is my understanding that they have to come in to testify or anything from them is thrown out.. At that point, they can use your statements against you.. this is why you do not say anything. :)

#12 ·
Yes if someone calls you in, they have to testify and have incredible recolection of the events. I'm guessing those types of events are fairly rare, as people make very bad eye witness's

#11 ·
I didn't admit anything. I was very polite the whole time and just took the ticket. I called the local PD and asked if this neighboring PD who issued the ticket had jurisdiction and they told me that they're sworn in by the state so they have jurisdiction. For some reason I think not.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.