Chicagoland Sportbike Forums banner

so where is a good/free place to d/L songs from?

4K views 139 replies 41 participants last post by  Vcook 
#1 ·
i got my mac now...got my ipod ready for new tunes...so im looking for a site to go and get songs for free at...yea yea yea...its illegal, but so what...if i like a band, i pay to see them...im busy uploading my cd's into my computer and coverting them so i can put them on my ipod...but i want more songs and bands...

any help kids?

#2 · (Edited)
Myspace. You can get all the songs you want for free.

Simple way look for the song you want on myspace

then once you find it copy the link in the address bar

then go to file2hd.com paste the link and it will pull it up right click save and there you have it

also I just borrow a friends ipod and get the music from there but i wont post the way i do that one

#3 ·
well i tried a couple of links, but i alot of them dont have it set up...so thats why im lookin for a site to do it from...it would just make it easier for me...thanks though bub...hey, if ur free tonight, my buddys band and several others are playin tonight if your up for it...let me know or call me...

#5 ·
answer your phone

#6 ·
get a little program called shareaza

http://www.shareaza.com/

p2p file sharing client that searches various networks for the song/video/file/whatever you're looking for

combine it with peerguardian 2
http://phoenixlabs.org/pg2/

pg2 blocks notorious ip's (ie: govt and other groups determined to catch people stealing copyrighted material) and blocks their ip's from looking at what you're file-sharing...

and use an AV software to scan the files you download before running them for viruses, just in case you get a bad one

#13 ·
get a little program called shareaza

p2p file sharing client that searches various networks for the song/video/file/whatever you're looking for

combine it with peerguardian 2

pg2 blocks notorious ip's (ie: govt and other groups determined to catch people stealing copyrighted material) and blocks their ip's from looking at what you're file-sharing...

and use an AV software to scan the files you download before running them for viruses, just in case you get a bad one
Seems like a lot of work and risk for what is essentially real cheap to buy legally. If you like a song enough to load it on the Ipod and keep it, then just buy the CD and rip it to your PC. Fully legal, no virus/trash PC/legal risk.

Don't using any of those P2P programs also open your PC to searches by anyone else using the same software? Not sure that's good.

#8 ·
Thats alot of work for a few songs that you can find on myspace and copy a url then paste it and right click save as.

Plus you dont have to worry about who is watching let alone virus and all the other bs that comes with p2p

#31 ·
I can't believe I got bad rep for replaying to this thread...
Yeah I can't believe I got neg rep for this

thunderstruck asked where to get it for free, and I told him where

I didn't think this was such a taboo subject:nono:

Probably because you are posting links to sites that trade copywrited software on a public forum. OP should get neg rep for asking.

#34 ·
oh jesus christ people...get off your fuckin high horses...so those of that neg reped me and others...u are telling me you have not done anything like this ever in your life...and if you say no...i call BULLSHIT...

some of you think your perfect...but thats only you...so your telling me you live and die by the fuckin bible huh?
ok then....did you have sex BEFORE you were married?...oops...that would be a yes...so guess what...SINNER!!!!

did you ever toss off ?...cause thats against the bible also...so ya know what...deal with it...this is the information age...and personally...i had cd's stolen from me at a party and i want my music back without having to go out and spend HUNDREDS of fucking dollars to replace my collection...the artists got my fucking money ORIGINALLY by me buying the cd's so me getting them back for free should not be an issue...

dont act like NO ONE on here is better then anyone else...some of you need to get over yourselves really fast...shit...like none of you have ever sped on your bikes, or done illegal things...if you got nothing to contribute nicely about shit, then take it with a grain of salt...and yes...my shit was STOLEN...which is why i want my collection back...so BITE ME...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.