Chicagoland Sportbike Forums banner

.:K2:. went down

9K views 170 replies 95 participants last post by  .:K2:. 
#1 ·
Hunny and I just got back from visiting him in the ER. He seemed to be in fairly good spirits and asked us to post up for him. Looks like he was heading home from work and approaching and intersection and was struck by an oncoming car that decided to make a left hand turn in front of him being driven by a 16 year old girl at around 11pm. The face shield and front of the helmet appear to have impacted against the car and took all of the damage. He has a broken bone and a dislocated one in his wrist which he'll be having surgery on in the morning. Other than that he seemed pretty cheery and finding humor in my cheesy jokes.

Heal up quick man!

#143 ·
glad to hear your home buddy...heal up and we shall see you out soon enough...

#145 ·
Glad to hear you are okay buddy.

#152 ·
I would like to thank everyone once again for the awesome support. I will try to reply to as many posts as possible but forgive me if I don't get to all of them. If all goes according to plans, I should make it out in a cage (as a passenger) on Wed night for bike night :2rockin Link to pictures of bike on my signature

Thank you for posting and stopping by to visit @ the hospital with Hunny. :cheers:

By the way when you do meet him in person do we refer to him as "Period, Colon, K, 2, Colon Period" or does he have a real name? :D
Its Mr. Period, Colon, K, 2, Colon Period for most but for you I'll make the exception :neener:

Harsh! Left Turners are my biggest fear!

Heal up 100% Andy!

You'll have everything ready for next riding season!
I'm already looking forward to it :2rockin

Andy, I hope your doing okay. If there's anything you need let me know.
Thank you sir, will do

God Bless the Gear and glad you are okay Bro - Let me know if you need anything or there is anything I can do to help
Gear definitely saved my life :cheers:

Can I take the duc for a spin next spring?? ;)

Get better soon Andy!! Let me know if you need anything!!
Thank you, just some bubble tea :lmao:

That sucks. I'm glad you some what Ok. I hope the surgery will go smoothly and you'll heel up quickly.

Let me know if you need anything.
Will do, thank you :cheers:

Shit!!!!! That sucks. Andy, I am sorry to hear about that. Damn it.

Good luck in surgery. Obviously it was a serious accident, but I am glad to hear there are no head injuries which would have certianly made things worse.

And after all that work we did on your bike too.

:beltfed

:bangin
Thanks for stopping by @ the hospital & telling the other guy to shut the hell up :lmao:

FUCK!

I asked you to ride last night. Of course, I was selfish and bombed 90 solo style and was getting home about the time you were leaving work.

Damnit bro. Glad to hear you are in good spirits.

Bike night to Andy? :biggrin:
Thanks for stopping by the hospital & letting me borrow the laptop. I played some mad left handed blind solitaire on that thing :laughing:

Just saw this.... Hey Andy, time to get a lawyer.
Just talked to one today.

Oh man that sucks! I'm sorry to hear that but glad you are ok Andy!!! If that wrist is still workable I will bring you some nudie magazines ;)

Heal up quick!
:lmao: You are awesome!!

I might need some assistance :yaya

#161 ·
Thank you, that's a good idea. I will not deny thr fact that the gear saved my life :robewizar

Glad you are okay. As for the bike, that bad boy is totalled. The front end is gone and your headers are smashed as well.
Thank you :cheers:

Scary to see those bike pics, heal up fast.
I'll see what I can do :cheers:

Glad your ok man!
:cheers:

Now go on the ABATE show.
Clue this Asian in, link?

#165 ·
.:K2:. said:
Thanks sweetie, I guess I can give you back the spare helmet back now, eh? :laughing It will come with a lil somethingsomething extra :yaya
:laughing Yeah, I still need to get that damn thing back!!! It's no biggie - I always wear my arai, and my friends GF usually just borrows it when she comes out riding with us, and that's hardly ever.

Those pics are effed up!!!! That's so crazy...I sat here for a couple of minutes in awe over those pics. Glad you're okay. :)

#167 ·
Insurance just called, bike is totaled. and I'm getting back almost as much as I paid for it (base price) :righton: I guess thats a big relief in my mind to know that it will not be fixed

I'm still shocked that I only walked away with the injuries that I did. Thank you :)

Well damn dude. Caught by the left turner...

I'm glad you're up and around. I'm glad my friends all wear gear. I've got similar helmet pictures I could share. And gear pictures.

If you need ANYTHING, you've got my number.
Thanks Tiberius :cheers:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.