Chicagoland Sportbike Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Info here:

Great Lakes Dragaway

If I remember right it's only $25 for all you can run, and weeknights are the best time to go because it's usually not too busy.

So what do you say? Any takers?

·
Grand Master Crash
1,079 Posts
I'm down, although DanO told me it was NEXT Weds....

Are you guys scammin' out of work early or sumthin?

At any rate... depending on when I get out of work, I could be down. What are GLD's requirements for gear? Can I get away with my leather jacket/jeans, or do I need full leathers?

·
Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
We'll probably go next Wednesday too, but this is something I wanted to do. Yeah, I'm leaving work early to go.

As far as requirements if you break 120 MPH (which you will Jim) then you need leather pants, otherwise you only need a helmet, leather jacket, jeans, gloves, and some sort of over-the-ankle shoe/boot.

·
Evil Moderatrix,
8,030 Posts
If I'm not mistaken, this Wednesday is the Harley Shootout night (happens every other Wednesday). There is also open racing, in between rounds. There is a similarly structured Sportbike Shootout on alternate weeks (I think Tuesday nights), although I understand they only have trophy and novice classes (the Harleys also run a cash class) Both the Harley and sportbike "Shootout" events are bracket racing, not heads-up.

You can still go and make timed runs on any night. Bring a helmet, jacket, boots and gloves. You don't need full leathers unless you're running under 9 seconds (probably around 120 mph).

Now that it's cooler at night, should be GREAT for RACING!!!!

·
Premium Member
45,955 Posts
You also need to have a chain gaurd on your bike or you wont pass tech. This is really something I need to buy, I lost mine when I moved.

·
Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
That's it...

Alright, since everybody talks about it and nobody wants to go now I'm gonna call some people out: Ken, remember what happened last time we lined up? Wanna re-match? Fred, wanna see what your bike can REALLY do? Vcook, I'll even spot you out whatever you want for cc's!

Let's do this!

·
Registered
5,002 Posts
GsxrTony said:
You also need to have a chain gaurd on your bike or you wont pass tech. This is really something I need to buy, I lost mine when I moved.
I have a stock one you can have.

·
Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Just got back from the track and was only able to make 3 passes (still in the 11s) because of "Harley night."

Before the season is over we ALL gotta go.

·
Grand Master Crash
1,079 Posts
Nick,

Did DanO and crew go? What'd I miss? I didn't get out of work until after 9pm...

·
Registered
1,085 Posts
Yeah it was pretty lame.. I only got three passes in. ended up pulling a 11:20. W/ a weak 60 foot. And got bitched at for not having leather pants. Cuz Mr Bond was wearing my leathers. I think he went 10:40??
So you didn't really miss anything.....But maybe you did....There was a hole lot of Sushi up there. We had rice falling from the ski....LMFAO

·
YO MAMA
60,258 Posts
:laughing fuck i hate that...ya see...that why i almost dont wanna go back there...the last 3 times i went it was nothing more then a bunch of waiting around not being able to get many runs in AT ALL if i remember right for the last 3 times...i got it

3 runs, 4 runs, and i think 3 runs again...the time before i did 14 runs...did nothing but came back around and lined up..and withien just minutes i was out there again.

what total bullshit...i wonder how rt66 is doing latley with motorcycle runs...hell for most of us thats twice as close then GLD

·
Registered
19,186 Posts
Odysseys said:
:laughing fuck i hate that...ya see...that why i almost dont wanna go back there...the last 3 times i went it was nothing more then a bunch of waiting around not being able to get many runs in AT ALL if i remember right for the last 3 times...i got it

3 runs, 4 runs, and i think 3 runs again...the time before i did 14 runs...did nothing but came back around and lined up..and withien just minutes i was out there again.

what total bullshit...i wonder how rt66 is doing latley with motorcycle runs...hell for most of us thats twice as close then GLD
I've drag raced all over. By far th best is Byron. After that I would say US41. If you want to get runs in that's where you need to go. Route 66 is the worst. Your lucky if you get through the tech line by noon. Then consider yourself even luckier if you get one run in.

·
Slayed by the Dragon
626 Posts
I would be up for another bird run. Brian you have to help get better at the line of course.:D

·
Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
It's usually not that bad if you go on a weeknight, but the Harley event combined with the "Real Street Drags" tonight brought out a lot of people that aren't normally there.

We're gonna try again next week, either Tuesday or Wednesday. Hope to see you there!

·
Grand Master Crash
1,079 Posts
The last few times I've been to GLD it's been pretty horrible. If you get there RIGHT when they open, you can get like 20 passes in... but by 7pm, foggetaboutit.

I'll second the vote for US41. Great track (set my best ET in my Z06 there, in 95-degree heat!) Sucks that it's so far away tho... but well worth the drive IMO.

·
Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Next Tuesday or Wednesday @ GLD we're gonna run again. Hopefully it won't be as bad as last time...

Byron is a nice track, but it's downhill. I heard in the winter when they shut down it turns into a ski hill!

·
Evil Moderatrix,
8,030 Posts
You plannin' on doing the bracket racing?

1 - 18 of 18 Posts