Chicagoland Sportbike Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
YO MAMA
60,258 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
holly shit was that fun today almost felt like summer and the summer riding we usually do.

i got to get my valves done, they got worste on the way home.
but its a fact all 3 of our 9r's are some bad mother fucken bikes,

mine, jeff, jim's
:evil

and it was nice eating at the hooters with everyone, and i dont know what else to say, other then i still have a smile on my face:D

·
Tgf Og
9,851 Posts
they will never learn will they, 9r's rule!!!!!:helmet
had a kick ass time today, was nice to meet the new guys and hook up with some of the south siders. Crazy's still icy cold and kens 1 wheel escapades are getting better!!!!!:D

·
YO MAMA
60,258 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
hahaha my wheelies are getting better but today sucked for holding them a long way, i am pretty sure i can do a 1/4mile long 1 no problem, when its not to windy.

·
Registered
899 Posts
Odysseys said:
hahaha my wheelies are getting better but today sucked for holding them a long way, i am pretty sure i can do a 1/4mile long 1 no problem, when its not to windy.
Yeah what he said. The wind was pretty nasty today... I had to lean quite a bit just to keep the little duckling up.

Good time today though!! Let's pray for some more indian summers!!

·
Registered
5,002 Posts
Stydie said:

Good time today though!! Let's pray for some more indian summers!!
It's supposed to be a mild winter this year.

They're showing another cold front moving in around Thurs.

Looks like scattered showers today although it might move through by afternoon.

·
Registered
19,186 Posts
woooooooooooooohoooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

What an awsome day. Lot's of fun up on the Northside. Great to see you guys again and nice to meet the new guys and GET TO RIDE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!.

The ride home with Ken was interesting too. I'm still grinnin' ear to ear a day after.:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :cheers

·
Registered
528 Posts
Definitely a day to be remembered. Great to be out on the bike in such decent weather for so late in the year. Good to see the route we rode not have so many leaves on it too. Definitely a plus for the corners. Nice to see so many riders out there as well as some new faces. I've gotta say a nice job was done by the whole group. Everybody was able to stay together and nobody had any mishaps (always a good thing). Hope we have more days like that soon to make the winter months more tolerable.

·
Tgf Og
9,851 Posts
hopefully we will have another day like saturdays soon, we missed out on one of my favorite roads and im sure everyone would have like that one the best! hey ken i ment to ask you and jeff if you had the same problem i did when we turned around and did it again. but my helmet was being bounced back and forth on the way back from the wind? just curious if your zero gravity took that away??

·
Premium Member
9,252 Posts
:D
GREAT ride fellas. Thanks Ken for setting it up, and Jim for leading an amazing run. It's official. Anyone that lives within 20 minutes of that place is spoiled rotten and I hate you. I'm already talking to realitors up there...

Anyway, glad the weather held. Can't wait to do it again and again and again.

Nice meetin/seein ya'll as usual. :thumbsup

·
Tgf Og
9,851 Posts
Underdog said:
:D
GREAT ride fellas. Thanks Ken for setting it up, and Jim for leading an amazing run. It's official. Anyone that lives within 20 minutes of that place is spoiled rotten and I hate you. I'm already talking to realitors up there...

Anyway, glad the weather held. Can't wait to do it again and again and again.

Nice meetin/seein ya'll as usual. :thumbsup
so us who only live 5 minutes from there must really piss you off huh?:twofinger ;) :twofinger

·
Banned
3,495 Posts
Odysseys said:

i got to get my valves done, they got worste on the way home.
but its a fact all 3 of our 9r's are some bad mother fucken bikes,

I hope oil starvation isn't a problem on the 9R's when doing wheelies. Especially on the top end.:rolleyes :p

Wish I cou;d have been out there. I actaully had a great time mountian biking this weekend. FOrgot how enjoyable that can be. Went to Kickapoo State Park near Dansville on Sat. and Palos Forest Preserve this afternoon. Kickapoo is a more groomed course with some nice switchbacks and mid speed sweeping turns. ... better for really hauling ass and for races, but Palos has more trails and some technical rock sections. Its also really pretty with the lakes and it's all forests.

I even found a radioactive material burial site from early nuclear research done in the 1940's. I had forgotten that this area was where many of the first sucessful nuclear reactions were performed eventually leading to the development of the A-bomb.

·
"PC" ,my balls
1,620 Posts
Are a lot of trails closed off at Palos? I know they were dropping trees over some of the single track to signal it was off limits. Let me know if you want to get a group ride going. There was a thread once but it didn't happen. Maybe now that it is cooling off people will want to pedal their 2-wheelers.:eek:t

·
Registered
19,186 Posts
JimGoFast said:

so us who only live 5 minutes from there must really piss you off huh?:twofinger ;) :twofinger
They are some sweet Roads Jim. I gotta get up that way and bug you guys more often.

BTW: your icy cold skills are improving as well.:D :D :D :laughing

·
Premium Member
9,252 Posts
5min away from there? Yup...I'm envious. Don't worry though, I already ordered a copy of Farming for Dummies/City Kids and a set of Carharts...I should be ready to roll by spring.

In the meantime, can someone help me out with the difference between a cow and a bull?? :twofinger

·
Registered
19,186 Posts
Underdog said:
5min away from there? Yup...I'm envious. Don't worry though, I already ordered a copy of Farming for Dummies/City Kids and a set of Carharts...I should be ready to roll by spring.

In the meantime, can someone help me out with the difference between a cow and a bull?? :twofinger

Taste the milk it's a dead giveaway:laughing :laughing :laughing

·
Banned
3,495 Posts
bluebusa60544 said:
Are a lot of trails closed off at Palos? I know they were dropping trees over some of the single track to signal it was off limits. Let me know if you want to get a group ride going.
Sounds good to me. I'm usually happy on the mountian bike down to about 25 degrees. I thought about going again today since I have Veteran's Day off.

Most of the trails looked open. It was my first time there. I got lost several times, and didn't find all the really good, tight singletrack. I didn't think the trails were very well marked so I might have ridden on a couple closed trails wihtout knowing.

·
YO MAMA
60,258 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
hey jim, YES i did notice it was a good head wind we were heading into but my head wasnt getting pushed around that much at all....UNTILLLL i got out from under it to slow down:evil

the zero gravity, doubble bubble is the only 1 i will say is the best in clearity and fit and finish

·
Who's faster Lupi
4,957 Posts
o man I missed what sounds like a good ride. Maybe my old 9R could have tried to keep up.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts