Chicagoland Sportbike Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Grand Master Crash
1,079 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,

Tried getting ahold of you earlier today. I had to meet with my dad for a few hours - he had his Harley in my garage and needed to get it home.

I tried calling Jim around 12:50, left a message (figured you guys were probably riding.) I cruised through the "route" a few times, never ran into any of you. So what all did I miss? :(

Wierd thing as I was coming back through Union (while lookin for you guys...) I happened across a '97-ish? (single headlight) maroon ZX-9 laying in the ditch, with its owner nowhere to be found. A few people were sitting on the side of the road, all wondering the same thing. The bike was lying there, on it's side... who ever wrecked it, just left it there. Didn't even bother to put it up on the stand (or take the key out, for that matter.) Looking at the flattened grass... the bike and rider separated as they got onto the grass... and the two of them split a street sign. Judging by the proximity of the grass flattened by the rider to the post... I'd say he bounced off of it. And he must've been going at a decent pace - you can see where he ended up in the dirt (probably 40' from the road.) No skid marks, no evidence of rider mistake. But there were hard scrape marks in the pavement, where obviously something hit the ground (pipe, footpeg, etc) a solid 20 feet BEFORE the turn. So I dunno WHAT the heck the guy did.

Some people were nice enough to stay put until the owner returned (about an hour later.) I came back with my truck as the owner was leaving... and according to one of the guys that waited (some dude on a ZRX-1100)... he said he "hit some gravel". Ok. I guess the guy was a total dick.. he didn't say anything aside from that. Not even a "thanks" for making sure he was ok, or that no one took his bike. He picked it up with Jeff from Worksstand (wow... someone associated with Worksstand has an attitude problem, who'd a thunk it? :rolleyes ) I guess "what goes around comes around"... I know next time, those of us that DID stop, won't be as likely to help his ass out.

And the really disappointing thing: the first guy to find the bike lying there was some guy on a ZRX-1100. He stopped, saw the bike, realized there was no rider, and called the police. (for all he knew, the rider tried stumbling to a farm house across the field and never made it.) He sat there for OVER AN HOUR.... and the cops NEVER showed up! Nice to know that if someone complains about noise from a few guys doing wheelies or riding at the industrial park - the cops come BLAZING in. But report an accident, and they don't even bother to show... :mad :rolleyes

·
YO MAMA
60,258 Posts
omni, its was a blast man...a total fucken blast!

we had dano try to get ahold of you and think even jim tryed but nothing:confused
other then that none of us went down and we never saw that accident, that whole thing sounds wierd, but ohwell.

hope you had fun today too:cheers

·
Grand Master Crash
1,079 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah, I know DanO called me (woke me up.) I told him I'd go... then I realized my dad was coming by, so I called back and told Dave to tell you guys I wouldn't be around until 1:00...

I figured you guys would call me when you were in the area... maybe you did and it never got through to me (how typical of my SprintPCS phone and service... )

Oh well... next time.

Are there any LITH rides going down tomorrow?

·
YO MAMA
60,258 Posts
Yeah I think dano said you were sleeping, then I got a call i had to take, from there Jim was talking to him, and that's the last I know.

Don't know about tomorrow up there, I am gonna stay home, the wife is home tomorrow, plus my valve shims are floating and ticking around like a bitch, really bad...time to a valve job again.

·
Tgf Og
9,851 Posts
jim i tried calling when we got to big timber but it just kept ringing, no voice mail nothin???, you missed a good day back there! might be up for it again tomorrow!:D

·
Grand Master Crash
1,079 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
:mad

Stupid SprintPCS phone. Figures. Tho it SHOULD have at least gone to voicemail :confused

Double check to make sure you have the number right: (847) 530-1724

1 - 6 of 6 Posts