Chicagoland Sportbike Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
The Halo hides my Horns
12,629 Posts
Is this really good offer? I am looking at 9mm in 147gr.
Do you reload lead? You can do 9mm lead, but you need to be properly setup for it and have a load dialed in for lead.

Otherwise I recommend you go with bulk buys of jacketed bullets from Montana Gold or Zero.

·
U-P-G-R-A-Y-E-D-D
11,055 Posts
Is this really good offer? I am looking at 9mm in 147gr.
go light on stocking 9mm...

Next year I think we need to do a big buy between all of us on 9mm 147g from zero (AMazing and easy to reload)

·
Registered
204 Posts
Do you reload lead? You can do 9mm lead, but you need to be properly setup for it and have a load dialed in for lead.

Otherwise I recommend you go with bulk buys of jacketed bullets from Montana Gold or Zero.
I don't even have the reloader yet and have not reloaded any ammo. Experience=zero. I want to learn and I will when I get back home in May'13. I am waiting on Rick's distro for Hornady LNL press.

go light on stocking 9mm...

Next year I think we need to do a big buy between all of us on 9mm 147g from zero (AMazing and easy to reload)
Im down. Any news for the LNL?

·
U-P-G-R-A-Y-E-D-D
11,055 Posts
was ahead of you and checking already :)

11-28 :(

I have trint coming over on sunday so I can run him thru my LNL and how to maintain and perform better.

·
The Halo hides my Horns
12,629 Posts
I don't even have the reloader yet and have not reloaded any ammo. Experience=zero. I want to learn and I will when I get back home in May'13. I am waiting on Rick's distro for Hornady LNL press.

Oh yeah, hold off on lead for now. Keep it simple till you get some experience.

.45 and lead is no big deal since it's such a slow velocity round compared to 9mm, so you don't have to worry about hardness and leading and all that as much. But for 9mm, just get a quality jacketed bullet and rock on.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.