Chicagoland Sportbike Forums banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
YO MAMA
60,258 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
That's what I am gonna have next year...I think I am gonna keep my 9r for a street bike and pick up a sv650 for the track.

I am gonna have the motor done up to keep linear power at wriest command.

Betta watch out! it could be 200+?

·
Registered
916 Posts
Odysseys said:
pick up a sv650 for the track.
Thats the best thing I've ever heard you say! :twofinger :cheers :evil What made you come to this decision?

As for a 200hp ZX9.....Your nuts:cheers All motor or Turbo?

·
YO MAMA
60,258 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
all motor...got the idea from all you guys and just watching...plus talking to jim at 4&6 about setting 1 up and how some 15 year old on 1 is turning out times..MONDO fast....all stock with just suspension work done..no motor work..i heard there almost impossible to highside. and some other stuff...let alone i saw that guy at gratten do some good line taking on it like it was nothing to flick in and move around...unlike my sail barge.

about the 9r...all motor.linear power (i want to be able to control it like mono power...just the way it is..but 200+ at command)

turbo...stage boosting not linear (besides they dont make a turbo kit for it)

·
Registered
18,079 Posts
a hidden little blue bottle ?:confused

·
Lovin this Twin
1,980 Posts
:laughing I wouldnt recomend doin those wheelies like you do with the extra power. Doin the Loop de Loop

thats scarey power,,, Is 200 hp actually usable?

·
Registered
916 Posts
BusaDave said:
200+ HP and all motor???

:evil :evil :evil
Maybe for one or two passes...:rolleyes

In the real world I would think 175hp is a more realistic goal.

Who knows....maybe with 3mm overbore/cams/billet crank/heads....ect its possible. Go for it Ken!

·
Premium Member
45,956 Posts
But is it still gonna be reliable to run on the street? to get that number you are gonna have to build the shit out of it. It may very well become one of those tempermental hot rods.

·
Registered
633 Posts
200 + YOU CAN DO IT!!

dont let these guys talk you out of it but... plan on lots of dollors and a whole year getting it right (make sure you have a spare bike cuz it sucks sitting at home while everyone else is out riding)

with that much power over stock shit breaks if you are riding it hard if anyone tells you that there high hp bike is dependable they are not putting miles on it or riding as hard as i know you will
THERE IS NOTHING LIKE BITCH SLAPPPING ABOUT EVERYTHING ON THE ROAD:-

·
Registered
5,002 Posts
turbospeedIII said:
THERE IS NOTHING LIKE BITCH SLAPPPING ABOUT EVERYTHING ON THE ROAD:-
Yeah, he did a roll-on with me a while back!:p I think we've created a monster!:evil He pulled ahead at first, but then I didn't downshift from 5th either. :thumbsup

200+ HP from a normally aspirated ZX9R motor is going to be a lot. If you pound on it, you can expect to break stuff. Sure will be fun though.

·
Banned
3,495 Posts
Getting 200 hP is kind of simple with a hihg reving engine. You rpobably only need another 3 or 4 foot lbs of torque. You just need ot carry the torque curve up high, and maybe harden the valve seats and get stiffer valve spring, lighter pistons. If you can get her ot spin up to 14k RPM and get her to breath up there, you can make 200HP, so problem.

·
Evil Moderatrix,
8,030 Posts
Cherry, I love it when you talk dirty.:evil

·
Registered
19,186 Posts
200+ :confused :confused . You can do it Ken, but the only way you can do it reliably is to put a billet crank in and some Falicon or Carillo rods, titanium valves, forged pistons,etc. You're talkin around 10k for a motor like that and it still could break. I'd love to see it but I'm not sure you could put the kind of milage you do on your bikes with a motor like that without getting real expensive.

On the otherhand, if you've thought it through bro. Do it baby!!!:D

·
YO MAMA
60,258 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
oh forgot about that steve....its been a while since i read the whole thread:D

brian...i got a quote for 5g's should get me in the 180-200 hpr range

1 - 20 of 24 Posts